Windows 10: Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account

Discus and support Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Guys, I have upgraded 3 devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home) Device Default OS Upgraded to HP Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Fahid, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Fahid Win User

Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account

Hello Guys,
    I have upgraded 3 devices from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (Home)

Device Default OS Upgraded to HP Laptop Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit HP Desktop PC Windows 8.1 64 Bit Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows 8.1 32 Bit Windows 10 Home 32 Bit

All three devices are logged in with same MS account.
    After the upgrade I just noticed that all 3 devices have same Product Key and almost similar Product ID
    Except the last 3 digits in Product ID ( underlined ) everything is exact same on all three devices.

Before upgrade, all devices were using the OEM Product Keys came with them and everything was different. Now it is all the same. I do understand that I am not supposed to get a new Product key for each device or installation, it is a free upgrade that MS will validate online on each installation using some sort of Hardware Hash/ Identity from my devices. But still...

• If I now perform clean install on all of, hopefully it shouldn't cause any problem, or would it?
    • MS is giving same Product Key, Product ID to all my devices because they are attached to same MS account, or is MS giving same Product Key/ ID to all who are upgrading from a specific type of Source Windows Version and Edition?
    • Say same Product Key/ ID is only because of same MS account to all 3 devices, suppose I upgrade a fourth device, but before upgrade switch to Local Account, will MS still give me same Product Key/ ID?
    • I install fresh Windows quite a lot of times, like to play around and mess around a lot, when I have time. Sometimes even change (experiment with) RAM, HDD, SSD, and even processor. My concern is that I might lose Windows 10 validity. Am I being paranoid or am I right to be concerned?
    • If something as such happens, what are my options/ possibilities?

:)

Fahid, Aug 4, 2015
  2. Agnister Win User

Should all computers in a Homegroup have the same microsoft account

I have 3 computers. Two have the same login MS account and connect perfectly in the HomeGroup. One on win 10 pro, the other on win 10 home. The third PC has a different MS account and is on win 10 home. This PC will not join the Homegroup after I have
    entered the password. Why

Agnister, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Problem of no price.

Because Home & Pro are different versions of the same OS. The only way you can upgrade from Home to Pro is either purchasing a key/license from MS or using a Windows 8/8.1 pro key.

Only MS know why they offered Win 7 & 8/8.1 users a free upgrade to Win 10. If you had Win 7/8/8.1 pro installed you received Win 10 pro.

I had a Win 8 pro key & used that to upgrade my Win 10 home.

Time Lady, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

All the upgrades use the same generic key. My product key is the same as yours. Totally normal, totally OK.

You can clean install on all your three devices, without issues.

You get the same product key and slightly different product ID because of what I mentioned above; Windows is using a generic key for all upgrade installs.

You can upgrade also using a local account, Windows 10 would still use the same generic key. Only difference would be that because staying as an Insider and receiving new builds in the future requires an MS Account, you would no longer be an Insider on that machine nor would you receive receive future build upgrades.

Your Windows 10 on all your devices is an OEM version. It cannot be transferred to another hardware setup. If you change let's say the motherboard, you would need to buy a product key to activate it.

As long as you do not change hardware components, all your Windows 10 devices are activated for their lifetime. You can reinstall clean when you want to.

Kari, Aug 4, 2015
Thema:

1. Multiple Devices upgraded to Win 10 Home with same MS account - Similar Threads - Multiple Devices upgraded

2. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed: Hello,i purchased a new Notebook with Win 10 Home. Needed Pro, so i went to Store und purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade.After successfull purchase however, i got an error code and was unable to activate the upgrade. When i checked my account, it said i had windows 10 Enterprise...
  3. Multiple Comps with the same account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Comps with the same account.: I have been using the same Microsoft 10 account on my Desktop Comp, and two Laptops. I have someone who wants to use my one laptop, but my question is, if this person deletes the account on the one like completely gets rid of my account on the one laptop, will it remain on...
  4. upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    upgrade win 10 home local account to win 10 pro, with local account.: I would like to know what options are available for upgrading my Win 10 Home, with local account, to Win 10 Pro, also with local account,. I'm looking for instructions that are suitable for the device remaining as a local account. Changing the device from a local account...
  5. Multiple users in same account

Multiple users in same account: [ATTACH] I have no idea what is this on earth. Can someone please help me make that only one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-users-in-same-account/6d3def8f-7d70-4238-b16a-8e994c9c6441
  6. Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account

Windows Multiple users snycing on same MS account: Hello, I searched for a while and didn't find any results .. So my question is: Is it somehow possible to snyc 2 devices seperately with OneDrive Desktop, Documents etc on the same Microsoft account ? My issue is that I don't want all of my settings, desktop etc from my...
  7. Multiple Win 10 devices not staying linked to Microsoft Account

Multiple Win 10 devices not staying linked to Microsoft Account: My workplace has 25 laptops with valid Win 7 keys. They were upgraded to Win 10 with a valid digital license for each. When it came to my attention they are required to be linked for reactivation i.e. in case of hardware change, I established a Microsoft Account for them....
  8. windows 10 home in multiple devices

windows 10 home in multiple devices: I have bought some years back a desktop (acer) with windows 8.1 (disk) now im upgrated to windows 10 home of course. im gonna buy a new desktop and i intend to keep the old one running as well can i have in both devices the same version of windows? from the same disk? or do i...
  9. multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    multiple computers with same MS account log in a problem?: Is it OK to have 2 or 3 computers with the same xxxx.outlook .com log in credentials? Would it confuse matters for example computer #1 runs on Windows 10 Home with Office 2013 Home and Business and computer #2 has Windows 10 Pro with Office 2013 Home and Student? Would it be...
  10. is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    is my win 10 password the same as my ms account password: Hi, My surface pro 3, which is running win 10, is unlocked. I am using it to make this query. But, I need to know my password for this machine to hook it into my pc. I never lock it, so I haven't needed to use my Surface log-in password. Is it the same as my MS Account...