Windows 10: Multiple devices

Discus and support Multiple devices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My issue is that I have multiple devices on my Microsoft account for my children and so on but, I dont know how to stop all my data from being shared... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AsmaraMunir, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Multiple devices

My issue is that I have multiple devices on my Microsoft account for my children and so on but, I dont know how to stop all my data from being shared on their laptop devices. Its got to the stage where their laptops have no space left. I'm so stuck and really need help dealing with this issue. Please

Thanks

Moved from: Microsoft 365 and Office Account, billing, and sign-in Other/unknown Microsoft 365 Family

:)

AsmaraMunir, Sep 15, 2020

2. [BUG REPORT] Multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to restart the phone and check if that helps.

If that doesn’t work, follow step 2

Step 2:

I would suggest you to soft reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• Press and hold the power button and
      volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds

• The phone should vibrate and reboot
    If that doesn’t work, follow step 3

Step 3:

I would suggest you to hard reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• At the beginning power off device.

• Then press Power key once.

• After that press and hold
      Volume Down
      key.

• After exclamation point appears on the screen release all keys.

• Press the following options in exact chronological order:
      Volume Up, Volume Down, Power,
      and Volume Down.

• Done
    There is an alternative method to perform hard reset. Please follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Turn on Microsoft Lumia.

• Go to Windows Phone Settings.

• Tap About.

• Confirm the operations by selecting Reset Your Phone.
    Note: All the user data will be lost.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Bluetooth multiple device instances/ Removal problem

Hi,

The issue might occur if there are outdated or incompatible drivers.

I suggest you to follow the methods below an check if it helps.

Method 1: Use the hardware troubleshooter to fix the issue

The Hardware Troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

If the issue persists, follow method 2.

Method 3: Update the Bluetooth drivers.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your Bluetooth devices.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.
    Restart the computer and check.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards to assist you further.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Multiple devices

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Multiple devices

1. Multiple devices - Similar Threads - Multiple devices

2. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...: My PC specs are as follows:CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU - RTX 4060RAM - G.Skill 2 8Gb sticksStorage - hp SSD EX900 M.2 500GbMotherboard - B450M DS3H My CPU and GPU are recently upgraded as of December of 2023, otherwise the RAM, storage, and motherboard are 5 years old.I have...
  3. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...: My PC specs are as follows:CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU - RTX 4060RAM - G.Skill 2 8Gb sticksStorage - hp SSD EX900 M.2 500GbMotherboard - B450M DS3H My CPU and GPU are recently upgraded as of December of 2023, otherwise the RAM, storage, and motherboard are 5 years old.I have...
  4. My pc will not boot and keeps giving me multiple Your PC/Device needs to be repaired along...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  6. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices: My company have >20 windows 10/11 users getting incorrect timezone CST instead of Pacific Time when connecting to wifi APs in a Los Angels building. They got the right timezone in a nearby building within 100 meter. Both good and bad building are sharing the same 4 public...
  7. Timezone changes to CST automatically even though I am geologically in PST for multiple devices

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....: Hi. I have an acer, windows 11 laptop. On both chrome and microsoft edge, there are two websites one for work and one for uni that have come up as ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on my laptop all day, but remain working on my phone. I have tried resetting ip address and dns and I have...
  9. ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET coming up for multiple sites on multiple browsers on the same device....: Hi. I have an acer, windows 11 laptop. On both chrome and microsoft edge, there are two websites one for work and one for uni that have come up as ERR_CONNECTION_RESET on my laptop all day, but remain working on my phone. I have tried resetting ip address and dns and I have...
  10. Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows showing multiple duplicate audio devices: I have a DELL laptop, I understand that it has a built-in speaker but outside of that I don't think anything, I also have headphones and a television that has a speaker. What surprises me is that duplicate audio devices will appear and sometimes they work and sometimes they...