Windows 10: Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

Discus and support Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone, As I mentioned in the title, I have been experiencing the BSOD multiple times with a different error each time. This seems to occur... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by naturalnovice, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

Hi everyone,

As I mentioned in the title, I have been experiencing the BSOD multiple times with a different error each time. This seems to occur only when I am playing a PC game. The issue first occurred after playing Fallout 4 for about a week. Since then, the crashes have continued to occur even with less GPU intensive games. This PC was built within the past couple months so all the components are relatively new. I initially thought that the problem was with the graphics card but after having a friend look at it and put it through the FurMark Stress Test, he believed it was fine. That being said, I'm not sure what the issue is but I will include the minidump files below so that someone with more experience can analyze the issues and maybe determine a cause/solution.

Thanks everyone for your help. (This is my first time posting on here so if I need to include any more information or details feel free to let me know)

:)

naturalnovice, Jul 29, 2016

2. Help with Fixing error 0x000000f7.

Hi,

I have been having many problems with my PC, I have been crashing, getting BSOD's and my PC just rebooting on its own when I am playing games I have received many different bluescreen errors however they all lead back to the error code of 0x000000f7 and
    they have all related to the ntoskrnl.exe driver.

I would like to note that I took my PC to a store and they did multiple tests on it to see if anything was wrong and they said nothing was wrong with it, so I thought that it would be a hardware issue and I don't know how to test that properly because the
    PC has only been crashing on games apart from one time after booting up from a BSOD I received one then.

Bluescreen errors I have received:

DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER ( Error was received while playing a game)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (This error was received just after a reboot from DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER BSOD.)

UNEXPECTED_KERNAL_MODE_TRAP (Error was received while playing a game)

This is some information that you may find useful:

msinfo32

minidump(Could only grab this minidump as I reinstalled Windows to see if that fixed the problem)

Thanks, If you need any more information let me know!

Arlo Farncombe, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Zyplox Win User
    Repeated BSOD with multiple different errors + Rapid turn on and shut down

it seems like an abrupt issue

how do i set a system restore point?

sometimes, auto shutdowns occur even when the computer is not running a game

I get different error messages each time, but the relevant event ids are the same, "Kernel-power" (ID 41)

Here's the details:

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

Date: 31/5/2016 1:20:03 PM

Event ID: 41

Task Category: (63)

Level: Critical

Keywords: (70368744177664),(2)

User: SYSTEM

Computer: Alienware

Description:

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>3</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-05-31T05:20:03.960266800Z" />

<EventRecordID>18287</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>Alienware</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Zyplox, Jul 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

The latest dump I see in the zip file you uploaded is from 7/11 which is quite awhile ago.
    Are you not having BSODs now? If you are, are you running any disk cleanup software like CCleaner? If you are, please don't use it until this is resolved as it may be deleting the newer dump files we need to investigate this problem.

I'll look at some of the older ones but would like to see the most recent if possible.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Several of the dumps indicate a single bit memory corruption:

Code: BugCheck 1A, {41792, fffff6bffca3b108, 2, 0} Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( ONE_BIT )[/quote] Time to test your RAM.

===================================================
    RAM:

Follow this tutorial: MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming [​IMG]
    Information

MemTest86+
    is a diagnostic tool designed to test Random Access Memory (RAM) for faults. MemTest86+ will verify that:

• RAM will accept and keep random patterns of data sent to it
    • There are no errors when different parts of memory try to interact
    • There are no conflicts between memory addresses

Memtest86+ runs from bootable media to isolate the RAM from the system, no other components are taken into account during the test.

Warning
    MemTest86+ needs to run for at least 8 passes to be anywhere near conclusive, anything less will not give a complete analysis of the RAM.

If you are asked to run MemTest86+ by a Ten Forums member make sure you run the full 8 passes for conclusive results. If you run less than 8 passes you will be asked to run it again.

Note
    MemTest86+ has been known to discover errors in RAM in later passes than the eighth pass. This is for information only; if you feel there is a definite problem with the RAM and 8 passes have shown no errors feel free to continue for longer.

Running 8 passes of MemTest86+ is a long and drawn out exercise and the more RAM you have the longer it will take. It's recommended to run MemTest86+ just before you go to bed and leave it overnight.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  6. Ztruker,

Thanks for your response. The minidump files that I included are the most recent that have occurred. The BSOD issue has been ongoing for some time now, but I also have a laptop that I have been using primarily until the issues are resolved with my desktop PC. That is the reason for not having more recent dump files. There were several more from even longer ago but I believe they are no longer available because at one point I did a fresh install of everything on the hard drive including the OS. I will run the MemTest86+ overnight as you have suggested and see what results are produced from that.

naturalnovice, Jul 30, 2016
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Okay, I hope something shows up so this can be fixed.

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2016
  8. Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

Ztruker,

I ran the MemTest86+ for 13 passes overnight. However, it found no errors. Do you have any other suggestions about what might be causing the issues? Since it seems to be occurring only while running a PC game, my first thought was the GPU. Also, some additional information: I have an SSD that all the major system functions are installed on (operating system, graphics card, etc.). However, I have a 1TB harddrive that the PC games are downloaded on. Is it possible that a bad 1TB hard drive with the games on it would cause the crashes while other operations would not cause a crash since it is accessing the SSD instead of the 1 TB Hard drive? If I remember correctly, I have a 430W power supply (I'm not sure if that piece of info matters for our purposes but I thought I would include that as well).

I appreciate you taking the time to help!

naturalnovice, Jul 30, 2016
  9. It appears that my BIOS may need updating. In the BIOS it currently says, UEFI Version: H170M-ITX/ac P1.10 (date is 8/6/15). However, I think there may be a version 1.90 released 7/20/16. Do I need to update to 1.90 and if so, should I select the option to update BIOS under Instant Flash, DOS, or Windows? Below is a link to the Motherboard manufacturer BIOS update page.

ASRock > H170M-ITX/ac

naturalnovice, Jul 31, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    I would do the update under Windows. In many cases, the update process stages the update then reboots to apply it, others do the update directly under Windows, usually backing up the current BIOS before doing the update.

Your msinfo32 data only shows one drive, the Adata Premier SP550 SSD. No indication of a 2nd 1TB HDD.

Do you have the Adata SSD ToolBox installed? If so, run it and check to see if a firmware update for the SSD is available.

Can you post a screen capture of a full screen Disk Management window with columns expanded so everything can be read.

Ztruker, Jul 31, 2016
  11. I successfully updated the BIOS using the Instant Flash method. Apparently only Instant Flash and Internet Flash methods are available for Windows 10.

I also installed the Adata SSD Toolbox and checked the firmware which was already up to date.

The reason you didn't see the 1TB HDD is because I temporarily disconnected it because I thought that it might be causing some of the issues. However, I have now reconnected it so you should be able to see it connected in the Disk Management Screenshot below.

Is it possible that updating the BIOS would correct the issues? Or does an older BIOS version not cause BSOD and crashes?

naturalnovice, Jul 31, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    BIOS can definitely cause BSOD problems. Keep fingers crossed and hope it fixed this one.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming

1. Multiple Different BSOD Errors while gaming - Similar Threads - Multiple Different BSOD

2. Multiple BSOD different errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD different errors: I keep getting multiple Blue Screen of Deaths with alot of different errors. Though I get the following one fairly frequently, maybe 1 in 5. DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION Is anyone able to take a look at my files below: Minidump files System Information msinfo32 Desktop...
  3. BSODs with different error codes while gaming

BSODs with different error codes while gaming: Hi Everyone. Lately, I've been suffering quite a few Stop errors BSODs while playing games on the Unity Engine. I have had the following stop codes: WHEA uncorrectable error Machine check exception I have ruled out the following causes: Failing hard drives Moved games...
  4. Multiple BSODs while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs while gaming: Hi guys I mainly play Rainbow Six Siege on an Alienware m15 i7-8750H, RTX 2060 6GB, 16GB, 144Hz [laptop], and I've had this problem since I got this laptop. Also, this following issue is present across all games, not just Siege; while playing, the screen will freeze and...
  5. Multiple BSOD different errors.

Multiple BSOD different errors.: In order the errors have been: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION The system is a new system and I'm at a loss at what is causing this. Here are the DMP files. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah_alY6GX0UBpFumlfc2izCKiTmI?e=TtcBbj...
  6. Multiple BSODs while doing different activities (browsing, gaming)

Multiple BSODs while doing different activities (browsing, gaming): Hello, i have had 10+ bsods in last 2 days. First ones were while gaming (WoW) then BSODs started happening at random times (while working, watching videos). I tried to use BSOD viewer, but information is very scarce there. Then i decided to do driver signature confirmation...
  7. Multiple BSOD with different Errors

Multiple BSOD with different Errors: Hello everyone I've been experiencing multiple BSOD Errors in the last few month. BSOD Errors I'm getting: - Kernel Security Check Failure - Driver irql not less or equal - Driver corrupted expool I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch to no avail. The...
  8. Multiple BSOD while gaming

Multiple BSOD while gaming: I have a 2 month old PC that I built myself and have been having problems with recently. I usually get a BSOD when gaming and this can be anywhere from 10 minutes into the game or 1 hour into the game. My last two instances the screen actually turned totally red and...
  9. BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.

BSOD while playing multiple games, different errors.: Over the course of using windows 10 I have came across multiple BSOD errors, at least 5 different ones while I play some games. Most games I have noticed or remember are games like World of Warcraft, No Man's Sky, Overwatch. But there are many other games that I have not...
  10. Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games

Multiple differernt BSODS while gaming on multiple games: Hey really lost on this one as I have not really dealt with BSODS before. I build my computer a couple months ago. Recently while gaming I have had roughly 5 BSODS. They are all for different things it seems like and I have no clue how to fix it. It wont do it while sitting...