Windows 10: Multiple different BSOD messages. Mostly when using Steam / Battle.net

Discus and support Multiple different BSOD messages. Mostly when using Steam / Battle.net in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I just had an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash so I have performed the BIOS update. I'm running 3606 now. I'll keep you posted. Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by timlovell, Apr 5, 2018.

1. timlovell Win User

Multiple different BSOD messages. Mostly when using Steam / Battle.net

Hi all,

I just had an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL crash so I have performed the BIOS update. I'm running 3606 now.

I'll keep you posted.

timlovell, Apr 5, 2018
  2. timlovell Win User

Hi everyone,
    I've been dealing with a number of BSOD faults for a little while now, I'm not sure where the problem lies, and I need further assistance to resolve the problem.
    The BSOD messages I've been getting at one point or another are (not limited to):

• Memory Management
    • Page fault in nonpaged area
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • Whea Uncorrectable Error
    I've gone through and updated as best I can drivers for these components:

• BIOS
    • Chipset
    • Audio
    • Network
    • Graphics
    I had this problem pre Windows 10 1709 update release and hadn't used the computer at the end of 2017 much because it would constantly crash. When it crashed during the 1709 update and wasn't stable enough to use at all, I decided to reinstall Windows.
    I've reinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 through the Windows 10 system recovery process, not yet through formatting the drive and installing software from scratch.
    There doesn't seem to be any rhyme to when it crashes. Some times it will boot up and it will crash almost immediately from starting. Other times I can be using it heavily and for hours, or really weeks on end, and then crash.
    Something that I have noticed, is that it would appear to crash when using games (mostly Steam and Battle.net) more than Adobe or web browser related things (Netflix, internet browsing, etc)
    I had 16 Gb RAM in the computer 2 x 8G KVR21N15D8/8 sticks. I tested without one and it ran for a few weeks without issue. Then it blue screened. I swapped the sticks over, changed DIMM channels and it ran fine for another couple of weeks before a BSOD.
    Currently it is running with only one of the RAM sticks.
    I've checked the ASUS motherboard drivers and updates consistently for the last few months and updated things that needed to be updated. There was a lot out of date. But again, it seems to run fine for a little bit and then crash very often in a short amount of time (3 -4 times a day for a few days) and then sort itself out.
    When it does crash, the BSOD error code is almost always not the same as it was in the previous crash. I've listed what I have remembered the codes are above.
    I've reviewed the dump files with WinDbg, which lead me to updating some of the drivers above. But I'm not really sure how to analyse these properly. I've reviewed about 8 or 9 dumps and all of them reference WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT. So I don't know if there is an older conflicting driver here, or if I'm barking up the wrong tree.
    When the multiple drivers updates not seeming to resolve the issue, I've looked at memory and drive faults. I've run Windows memory checks and the Memtest86 Diagnostic tool a few times each.
    I have run testing on the Drive through chkdsk and also through sfc /scannow. The OS drive is an Intel 330 SSD 240Gb drive. I've run a number of tests and checks on this. The drivers are the latest on offer. And with any diagnostics tool, both the drive and the RAM have come back with no faults found, and are reporting in good health.
    The motherboard, chip, ram and graphics card and power supply were all purchased around the same time. With the SSD drive being a bit older. This is one of the other factors I took into account when I chose to reinstall Windows. However the computer still blue screens months after the reinstall.
    I have run through the process outlined here to collect the information required. This file is attached.
    Appreciate any assistance anyone can provide.
    Thanks and regards,
    Tim

:)

timlovell, Apr 8, 2018
  3. I constantly get the blue screen of death!

Here is a copy of my dmp file from a recent crash. I get multiple different messages. Mostly I get IRQL Lesser or not Equal or something along those lines. My computer only seems to BSOD when I am loading things on the internet. My graphics adapter often
    crashes before the BSOD. I have updated all drivers numerous times. Reinstalled Windows 10 twice. Once, it worked for 2 days then started BSOD again. My specs are :

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz 3.00GHz

4.00 GB RAM

64 bit Windows 10

What should I do?! Thanks!

JMartin51WE, Apr 8, 2018
  4. Meatex Win User

Windows 10 vcredist 2012, 2015 won't run

I cannot for the love of me find anything at all anywhere on the internet that can solve this problem so this is my last resort.

I need install later versions of the visual cpp package but only the 2010 version will work.

Later versions won't give me an error, won't even come up with UAC prompt they simply do not run at all.

Have tried redownloading multiple times, have tried different sources, have tried all compatibility options just in case - nothing works

I have no non default apps security or otherwise apart from steam and battle.net apps

Why is it refusing to run?

Meatex, Apr 8, 2018
  5. philc43 Win User
    Hello TimLovell,

Welcome to TenForums!

There is a newer BIOS you can use released in March this year for improved system security and stability. Ver 3606

philc43, Apr 9, 2018
  6. timlovell Win User
    Thank you for the update! I'll give this a go this week. I might not have much in the way of results for a while.

timlovell, Apr 10, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple different BSOD messages. Mostly when using Steam / Battle.net - Similar Threads - Multiple different BSOD

2. Multiple BSODs, mostly KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSODs, mostly KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Most BSODs have been KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDSteps I've tried:- sfc /scan now, first passed fixed errors, second pass detected no errors.- Display drivers removed with DDU and reinstalled.- chkdsk /f- HCI Memtest passed with slight XMPAll these BSODs have happened during...
  3. Multiple BSODs, mostly KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSODs, mostly KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Most BSODs have been KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLEDSteps I've tried:- sfc /scan now, first passed fixed errors, second pass detected no errors.- Display drivers removed with DDU and reinstalled.- chkdsk /f- HCI Memtest passed with slight XMPAll these BSODs have happened during...
  4. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  5. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD with different error messages: For a while I'm having trouble with constant BSODs in my computer. The most common is: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dxgkrnl.sys; IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL; KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED USBXHCI.SYS; DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL pacer.sys -- it's some of documented in past days, but...
  6. Multiple BSOD with different error messages

7. BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages

BSODs with multiple different scenarios and error messages: I recently built a new computer and have been getting quite a few blue screens lately. The first one I got was after booting up my computer after it had been off for a few days. I got that one a couple more times and it tends to happen if I try to hibernate my computer...
  8. Random BSODs with multiple different error messages

Random BSODs with multiple different error messages: Hey lovely people, have this problem for quite a while now and can't seem to pinpoint it: My PC works fine for a day or two and then on the second or third day just crashes randomly, sometimes only once, sometimes multiple times after each other until its tuck in a loop of...
  9. Multiple BSODs with different error messages

Multiple BSODs with different error messages: Hi twice while playing video games and once while not I've encountered 3 blue screens with different error messages. The first was memory_management, the second irql_not_less_or_equal and the last was page fault in nonpaged area. After the first two I updated my graphics...
  10. Multiple different BSODs

Multiple different BSODs: Hello, I have had this self built desktop for about half a year so far and I am running dual monitors off the NVIDIA GeForce 1050 TI graphics card. The issue is only occurring when I am running youtube on one monitor and playing a game on the other monitor (runescape). I have...