Windows 10: Multiple Display Background Issues

Discus and support Multiple Display Background Issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. I have two displays hooked up to my system that are not identical. I have each set to display a different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fisherworm, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Multiple Display Background Issues

I'm running Windows 10 Pro version 20H2. I have two displays hooked up to my system that are not identical. I have each set to display a different image for the desktop background. However after restarting or shutting down my PC Windows keeps switching the desktop background back to the image I have set for my main display in Windows. I have also noticed when trying to switch it back by right clicking the desktop and selecting the personalize option. The only option I have is set as desktop background. However other than the background image changing both displays seems to be working fine. I have to right click the desktop go under display settings and set the monitors to duplicate. After doing this I will have the option again to select what display I would like to set the background image for. I have updated all my drives and made sure Windows is not using any generic drives for my monitors. I have also tried messing with the TranscodedWallpaer file and that does not seem to correct this issue either. Not sure what else to do at this point besides live with it or re install Windows. Has anyone else ever experienced something like this before with Windows 10 ? Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

System Specs:

Processor: Intel i9-9900k

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WiFi

Storage: Inland Premium 2TB NVME M.2

RAM: Corsair Vengerance RGB Pro DDR4 3600

GPU:EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Super FTW3 ULTRA

submitted by /u/fisherworm
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fisherworm, Jan 16, 2021

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jan 16, 2021
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Multiple Display Background Issues

Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Display Background Issues

1. Multiple Display Background Issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Display Background

2. Multiple display issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display issues: I am having multiple issues with the way my computer interacts with my monitors, for one, I can't turn HDR on in the settings, as it automatically flips itself off, but windows is still displaying in HDR mode outside of games, meaning that if I'm playing a game and a...
  3. Multiple display issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple display issues: I am having multiple issues with the way my computer interacts with my monitors, for one, I can't turn HDR on in the settings, as it automatically flips itself off, but windows is still displaying in HDR mode outside of games, meaning that if I'm playing a game and a...
  4. Issues with multiple displays.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with multiple displays.: So, I have an issue with having my laptop hooked up to a monitor. I'm using them as extended displays, have a couple programs open on the laptop screen, and a fullscreen game on the monitor. The issue I'm having is, when I go fullscreen on my game, anything on the laptops...
  5. Background settings for multiple display setup.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background settings for multiple display setup.: Hey! I have a very specific situation that I could not find the solution to online! I have two monitors and each has a different image, however, in order to display how I would like them they need different fit options (one tile, one center. For example) Is there any way to...
  6. Multiple Display Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Display Issues: After the update yesterday 5/10/20 my 2 displays are flipped in terms of the one on the left is acting like the one on the right. Both show the correct display number, are arranged properly under the display settings, and 1 has the checkmark as being the main display. The...
  7. Multiple displays issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple displays issue: OK, I have a HP Laptop connected to 2 monitors via a (HP) docking station. I have set the display up as an extended display across the 3 displays. The laptop display is display one and the primary display is display 2 and it works perfectly except for two issues. Issue 1: On...
  8. Multiple display issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple display issues: HI I've had this problem for a very long time now and it never seems to go away even after countless windows or nvidia driver updates I have a nvidia geforce 1080ti card and I have my main display samsung monitor connected through display port, second display samsung 4k...
  9. Issue with Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Issue with Multiple Displays: Trying to add a second monitor to my setup. Currently have a monitor using a display cable. I tried to add a second monitor to the video card via the DVI cable and windows 10 sees it okay and identifies it just right. However unless I am actually dragging something my mouse...
  10. Issue with Multiple Displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with Multiple Displays: Trying to add a second monitor to my setup. Currently have a monitor using a display cable. I tried to add a second monitor to the video card via the DVI cable and windows 10 sees it okay and identifies it just right. However unless I am actually dragging something my mouse...