Windows 10: Multiple display brightness on the one screen

Discus and support Multiple display brightness on the one screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this bizarre issue where my display is either dark or bright for different windows and programs. For example, I could have tabs open on chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cassandra Warner, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Multiple display brightness on the one screen

I have this bizarre issue where my display is either dark or bright for different windows and programs. For example, I could have tabs open on chrome and one tab is completely dark and the other is normal brightness. Or my desktop is dark and then my program window is bright. Sometimes if I'm scrolling it will go dark and then I scroll back up its back to normal. It's completely randomized and I don't know how to turn it off. Any time I change any single setting in the display settings it will rest everything back to bright but eventually will start doing it again.

:)

Cassandra Warner, Jun 1, 2021

2. screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Display Brightness

To address your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps on updating your display driver, provided in the note found on this

link

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jun 1, 2021
  4. Multiple display brightness on the one screen

Screen brightness low & critical Error

Hi Roopesh,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

• What is the complete error message are you getting?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

Method 2: I suggest you to update the display drivers and check if the issue persists.

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on Update.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

Multiple display brightness on the one screen

1. Multiple display brightness on the one screen - Similar Threads - Multiple display brightness

2. Display and brightness

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display and brightness: Hello, I apologize right off the bat for my poor level of computer understanding. Here is my issue: I am running Windows 10, yesterday i was using my portable computer, then i needed to heighten the brightness of my screen, i did using fn+ f5 all good. After few minutes i...
  3. Screen display brightness lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen display brightness lost: why have I lost control of screen brightness after the last update. I cannot control or see my screen in a brighter mode. I can only just see my screen....
  4. multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS: I am trying to connect my Ideapad 110 via HDMI to a Toshiba TV. When I connect the two, Settings shows a single box with "12" in it, rather that two boxes with 1 and 2 in them respectively. The TV shows no video input. All of the research I have done requires that there...
  5. Multiple screen displays

Multiple screen displays: My setup has three 17in monitors. In the past for the screen saver picture, I would right click and go to personalize at the bottom on any monitor. I then had the option to pick any picture and then put it on any one of the 3 monitors. That option disappeared and now...
  6. Screen brightness, one login only

Screen brightness, one login only: After a recent update, the screen is too bright *only on my login*. Windows 10, Dell laptop, external LG monitor. I have been unable to find an adjustment to lower screen brightness without reducing contrast. Any ideas? Thanks....
  7. Multiple Display Screens

Multiple Display Screens: I have added an additional monitor and want that to be my primary screen. Followed the instructions on Windows 10 but have to keep the laptop ajar otherwise the laptop shuts down. Any suggestions?...
  8. display and brightness

display and brightness: Anyone can help. I have been trying to bring down my screen brightness but in settings I cannot find the bar to lower down the brightness. please tell me a way to solve this problem...
  9. DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DISPLAY BRIGHTNESS: Why can't I change my laptop's brightness? It seems off after updating. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness/9ea5c9f8-2faf-4128-ae49-a49c27c3cc1b
  10. Display Brightness

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness: after the recent Windows 10 update, I cannot control the brightness of my display screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/display-brightness/9d6da9aa-5c09-4279-884b-6be4fa112227