Windows 10: Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image

Discus and support Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I recently installed an image of my laptop running windows 10 home into a SSD and installed it in my PC with Dual monitors. The Dual monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeStateFarm, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image

Hello,
    I recently installed an image of my laptop running windows 10 home into a SSD and installed it in my PC with Dual monitors.
    The Dual monitors are connected to my PC via Targus DisplayLink hub.

In my Settings for Display I am able to see the dual monitors as well as a 3rd smaller monitor which actually does not exist. I have clicked Detect but it still does not get rid of the unknown monitors.

Since I am not able to get rid of the 3rd phantom display some times I am facing issues with open browsers getting opened in my non-existent display.

Then as a work around I disabled the driver of the non-existent display.

Although occasionally I am still getting unusual behavior from my PC related to display.

Please suggest a permanent fix to get rid of this Phantom display. Pls see the attachment.

:)

JakeStateFarm, Jan 8, 2021
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, Jan 8, 2021
  3. Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

In regards to your concern, since the second screen can't detect the display settings of your other laptop, we suggest that you perform the steps below and see if it helps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on System.
    • Under System, choose Display.
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply.
    Let us know the details so we could further help.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Mithin_EJ Win User

Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image

1. Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image - Similar Threads - Multiple Display phantom

2. Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing: Help! I was playing Roblox phantom forces, suddenly it crash and went black screen and forced restart, after restarting there is no display, please help!Specs:CPU: Intel core i7 13700KFGPU: Nvidia RTX 4070TIPSU: Antec CSK 750WCase: Cooler master MB320L CaseRAM: 4 DDR5 Corsair...
  3. Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phantom forces crashing and pc won't show display after crashing: Help! I was playing Roblox phantom forces, suddenly it crash and went black screen and forced restart, after restarting there is no display, please help!Specs:CPU: Intel core i7 13700KFGPU: Nvidia RTX 4070TIPSU: Antec CSK 750WCase: Cooler master MB320L CaseRAM: 4 DDR5 Corsair...
  4. Multiple Displays on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Displays on my PC: I have 2 extended displays connected to my laptop. The laptop is #1, a Dell is #2 and an AOC is #3. All are in the correct order, BUT #2 shows up as the AOC and #3 shows up as the Dell. How do I show that #2 is indeed the Dell and same to #3?...
  5. Multiple Displays on my PC

Multiple Displays on my PC: I have 2 extended displays connected to my laptop. The laptop is #1, a Dell is #2 and an AOC is #3. All are in the correct order, BUT #2 shows up as the AOC and #3 shows up as the Dell. How do I show that #2 is indeed the Dell and same to #3?...
  6. Multiple Displays on my PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Applications opening on phantom display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications opening on phantom display: I recently got a new used graphics card and one of the ports doesn't work so I'm stuck with one display. When I try to open certain applications notepad, hardware info, ect they open on what used to be my second display and I can't get them to go to my main display....
  8. Applications opening on phantom display

Applications opening on phantom display: I recently got a new used graphics card and one of the ports doesn't work so I'm stuck with one display. When I try to open certain applications notepad, hardware info, ect they open on what used to be my second display and I can't get them to go to my main display....
  9. Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Display - phantom display after PC restored from laptop Image: Hello, I recently installed an image of my laptop running windows 10 home into a SSD and installed it in my PC with Dual monitors. The Dual monitors are connected to my PC via Targus DisplayLink hub. In my Settings for Display I am able to see the dual monitors as well as a...
  10. Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot remove phantom displays in Display Settings: It seems that I have somehow mucked up with multiple screens and using the intel graphics driver tool, and caused windows to get confused about the order of screens. In Display Settings I now see three screens, when no other screens are available (plugged in). The 1 is...