Windows 10: Multiple Display Screens

Discus and support Multiple Display Screens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have added an additional monitor and want that to be my primary screen. Followed the instructions on Windows 10 but have to keep the laptop ajar... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NancySlack1, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Multiple Display Screens

I have added an additional monitor and want that to be my primary screen. Followed the instructions on Windows 10 but have to keep the laptop ajar otherwise the laptop shuts down. Any suggestions?

:)

NancySlack1, Oct 4, 2019

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 4, 2019
  3. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Oct 4, 2019
  4. Multiple Display Screens

Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Oct 4, 2019
Thema:

Multiple Display Screens

1. Multiple Display Screens - Similar Threads - Multiple Display Screens

2. Multiple display of two desktop screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display of two desktop screen: I have extended my screen into another screen and I am using two desktop in my laptop. How can I see one desktop screen in laptop and another desktop screen in another screen. At present I am only able to share one same desktop screen into another screen and whenever I change...
  3. Multiple touch screen displays issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple touch screen displays issue: Hi, I have recently purchased some cheap amazon 1080 touchscreen portable monitors. Going with a cheap option is important as they are in a harsh environment. Connecting one display hdmi and a usb c Works perfectly, The touchscreen works and perfect image, in device manager...
  4. Multiple touch screen displays issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple touch screen displays issue: Hi, I have recently purchased some cheap amazon 1080 touchscreen portable monitors. Going with a cheap option is important as they are in a harsh environment. Connecting one display hdmi and a usb c Works perfectly, The touchscreen works and perfect image, in device manager...
  5. Cannot click on screen with multiple displays

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot click on screen with multiple displays: Hello,I have a consistent problem when it comes to interacting with multiple displays. I currently use a Dell D3100 docking station connected to an Acer Aspire 7, Intel Core i7 9750H with GTX 1650. I currently connect to two external displays.At random times, either the...
  6. Cannot click on screen with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot click on screen with multiple displays: Hello,I have a consistent problem when it comes to interacting with multiple displays. I currently use a Dell D3100 docking station connected to an Acer Aspire 7, Intel Core i7 9750H with GTX 1650. I currently connect to two external displays.At random times, either the...
  7. Cannot click on screen with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Multiple Screens App Displaying Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Screens App Displaying Issue: Hello, Today I have updated my W10 to 2004 version. After update some apps has some sort of white frames that are being displayed on another screens I have connected 3 monitors. I have marked that white frame/ line with red rectangle. It appears on MS Team/GOG Galaxy and...
  9. Screen Saver extended to multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Saver extended to multiple displays: Hello! I am running a dual monitor setup and wasn’t seem to figure out how to make my screen saver appear on both monitors. When my screen saver is enabled it shows on one monitor and not the other. Is there anyway to have it be displayed on both monitors WITHOUT changing my...
  10. Multiple screen displays

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple screen displays: My setup has three 17in monitors. In the past for the screen saver picture, I would right click and go to personalize at the bottom on any monitor. I then had the option to pick any picture and then put it on any one of the 3 monitors. That option disappeared and now...