Windows 10: multiple display settings changing themselves

Discus and support multiple display settings changing themselves in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an asus zenbook dou with a Samsung tv as my 2nd screen. The issue I'm having is windows keeps for some reason sometimes changing my display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shotgunfire1, Jul 25, 2020.

1. multiple display settings changing themselves

I have an asus zenbook dou with a Samsung tv as my 2nd screen. The issue I'm having is windows keeps for some reason sometimes changing my display settings on its own. Like sometimes the monitor will rearrange themselves, or which monitor is primary will switch, or they'll go from having different background pics to the same background pics. It's a new computer so its not a virus or anything, I dont know if there's some setting for windows to try to set what it thinks should be display settings or something. I cant thing of why these three different display settings change individually ,only one setting would change at a time, never two yet, but all changes have repeated from time to time.

submitted by /u/Shotgunfire1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Shotgunfire1, Jul 25, 2020

2. Saving Multiple Display Settings

Hello Mike,

You can change the default display settings from Display
    settings
    . Make sure that you're on the main screen before following the steps below.

• Click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings > System > Display.
    • Set Multiple displays to Duplicate these displays.
    • Click Keep changes to save the changes.
    Keep us posted.

Devlin Sco, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Jul 25, 2020
  4. multiple display settings changing themselves

Display Settings - Multiple Displays

Hi Sarah,

Changing certain settings on your computer may resolve the issue. Let's try change some display settings using the Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Display in the left pane.
    • Select the monitor you want to make as the main display.
    • Click the box for Make this my main display.

multiple display settings changing themselves 3dd79b99-beac-4c6b-b36e-313fa03497a2.png

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

multiple display settings changing themselves

1. multiple display settings changing themselves - Similar Threads - multiple display settings

2. How to change "multiple displays" setting while not connected to another display?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change "multiple displays" setting while not connected to another display?: So my monitor is having problems and in order to fix it, my laptop needs to be plugged into to it. However, it's current setting with the monitor is to only display on it. That makes it so when I plug in my laptop into the monitor, the laptop goes black and since the monitor...
  3. How to change "multiple displays" setting while not connected to another display?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change "multiple displays" setting while not connected to another display?: So my monitor is having problems and in order to fix it, my laptop needs to be plugged into to it. However, it's current setting with the monitor is to only display on it. That makes it so when I plug in my laptop into the monitor, the laptop goes black and since the monitor...
  4. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple display settings change after windows reboot: Hi,Asus Zenbook. Has inbuilt 2nd screen AKA screenpad. I don't need the screenpad so turned display settings / multiple displays to "show only on 1". This has worked for the last 18 months.Two days ago the screenpad came on. Display settings / multiple displays showed,...
  5. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    multiple display settings change after windows reboot: Hi,Asus Zenbook. Has inbuilt 2nd screen AKA screenpad. I don't need the screenpad so turned display settings / multiple displays to "show only on 1". This has worked for the last 18 months.Two days ago the screenpad came on. Display settings / multiple displays showed,...
  6. multiple display settings change after windows reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluelight settings constantly changing by themselves: Hi, I'm using my laptop sometimes by itself and sometimes with an external monitor. I have defined a custom color profile for the external monitor (though it is pretty much the same as the laptop color profile and I don't really care which one is active). I also have the...
  8. Display settings not allowing multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings not allowing multiple displays: Since the update yesterday in windows 10 insider, my settings in multiple displays is not functioning correctly. most boxes are blank, and with not allow me to extend display to all monitors? Brian...
  9. Display settings not allowing multiple displays

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display settings not allowing multiple displays: Since the update yesterday in windows 10 insider, my settings in multiple displays is not functioning correctly. most boxes are blank, and with not allow me to extend display to all monitors? Brian...
  10. Multiple Displays - Change Settings and Layout in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Multiple Displays - Change Settings and Layout in Windows 10: How to: Multiple Displays - Change Settings and Layout in Windows 10 How to Change Settings and Layout for Multiple Displays in Windows 10 [img] Information Quite a many of us have multiple displays connected to our computers, I for instance always have a browser full...