Windows 10: Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10

Discus and support Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, I really hope someone can help me with this, because its frustrating and I am getting disappointed at every turn... I have a Lenovo Yoga... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SheenaW1, Feb 5, 2019.

1. SheenaW1 Win User

Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10

Hello there,

I really hope someone can help me with this, because its frustrating and I am getting disappointed at every turn... I have a Lenovo Yoga Thinkpad, and the video output is the Mini-HDMI. I have an adapter that makes it possible to use a regular HDMI cable to connect it to a TV. I have NEVER had a problem hooking it up anywhere, it has always recognized the second display, etc. Well, the TV that I have in my bedroom is much older, and only has RCA input. So, I ordered a cord of Amazon that says HDMI (Male) to RCA (3). The description said it con convert the signal that way, but is not capable of going from RCA to HDMI. Perfect for what I need.....

Except it doesn't work. Nothing shows up on the TV when I plug it in, and the computer does not act like anything is plugged into the HDMI port.

I am going to try the cable on some other devices to see if maybe it is defective or something, but I wont have a chance to do that for a little while, so I was hoping someone else may have had this issue and can give me some pointers. Or maybe someone would feel bad for me and donate a TV with HDMI input.... =)

:)

SheenaW1, Feb 5, 2019

2. Lumia Display Dock and HDMI to VGA adapter

just to understand some constraints:

• HDMI is electrically compatible with DVI
    • DP outputs from most PCs have an HDMI compatibility mode that allows for:
      • DP-to-HDMI passive adapters [passive means it just uses wiring (no ICs) between the connectors]
      • DP-to-DVI passive adapters
    • In contrast, the USB Type-C output on the Lumia 950XL/950 phone and the DP output on the Display Dock do not have HDMI compatibility mode. To drive HDMI, DVI (or VGA), they require active adapters incorporating bridge ICs. The tipoff is usually that such
      an adapter costs $20-$40 instead of ~$10 for a passive adapter. There’s no good way to tell active versus passive other than by part # and spec.

Jesse Vaught, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Multiple screens via HDMI in Windows 10 blocked

Hi Marion,

Thank you for getting back to us.

I would suggest you to connect with another HDMI cable and check if the issue persists. This is to confirm if the issue is with the system or with the HDMI cable.

If the issue is not with the cable then, suggest you to install the driver for the display in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

• Download the setup files for the driver and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Also, refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

(Also applies to Windows 10)

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 5, 2019
  4. bartojc Win User

Wireless Display Adapter and DPI-HDMI adapter

I have a monitor without an HDMI port. Will using an HDMI to Display Port adapter allow the Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter to work?

bartojc, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple Display through HDMI adapter, Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Multiple Display through

2. Multiple display adapter sign in / adapter priority

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple display adapter sign in / adapter priority: Hi, I'm building a gaming PC with multiple displays and I can't choose which adapter to prioritize, even when I switch slots in the case. So I simply changed the main monitor in display settings for a work around, but now when I power on the PC and don't need the PC for...
  3. Multiple display adapter sign in / adapter priority

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple display adapter sign in / adapter priority: Hi, I'm building a gaming PC with multiple displays and I can't choose which adapter to prioritize, even when I switch slots in the case. So I simply changed the main monitor in display settings for a work around, but now when I power on the PC and don't need the PC for...
  4. Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter: So I've had my Lenovo Yoga 920 13 for a while now and I've had the same adapter for just as long - Green Cell. I've never managed to display HDMI via it even though it clearly has the port for it. There's just no screen recognized, no matter which one I connect to. Do you...
  5. Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter

Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter: So I've had my Lenovo Yoga 920 13 for a while now and I've had the same adapter for just as long - Green Cell. I've never managed to display HDMI via it even though it clearly has the port for it. There's just no screen recognized, no matter which one I connect to. Do you...
  6. Lenovo Yoga 920-13ikb not displaying screen through hdmi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  8. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to HDMI adapter and display issue: I have two LG monitors and the display was at 2560x1080 on both of them. One is connected to my HP laptop's HDMI port and the display setting for it is the correct 2560x1080 setting. The other is connected through an Insignia USB> HDMI adapter and was also displaying the...
  9. USB to HDMI adapter and display issue

10. ste up USB3.0 HDMI Display Adapter for windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ste up USB3.0 HDMI Display Adapter for windows 10: I am willing to install USB3.0 HDMI Display Adapter for windows 10 in my Surface Pro 4 , then I could display two screen , Unfortunately I could not did that because the system did not accepted . Are their any available driver for USB3.0 HDMI Display Adapter for windows 10...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft basic display adapter not outputting hdmi

2. multi hdmi adapter

3. multiple hdmi adapter

4. Win 10 Multiple displays via HDMI,
  5. basic display adapter windows 10 HDMI,
  6. hdmi input windows 10 intel display adaptor ,
  7. windows 10 display to hdmi,
  8. multi display adapter to hdmi,
  9. hdmi to multiple display adapter,
  10. windows 10 multiple display adapters