Windows 10: Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...

Discus and support Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Updated a few weeks ago and Display one main screen was on my right monitor. It's usually on the left. I went into settings and dragged Monitor One... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by eegy, Apr 4, 2021.

1. eegy Win User

Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...

Updated a few weeks ago and Display one main screen was on my right monitor. It's usually on the left.

I went into settings and dragged Monitor One icon from the right back to the left.

The displays looked fine, but the mouse wouldn't go from the left monitor to the right. I had to drag it out the left of the left monitor to come in the right side of the right monitor.

Kept tweaking things, and eventually just swapped plugs. Fixed.

Now Windows updated again, and the problem is back. I can swap plugs again, but I'd like to know how to stop this from happening every damn time.

TIA

:)

eegy, Apr 4, 2021

2. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Apr 4, 2021
  3. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...

dual displays rearrange every time monitors go to sleep

Hi,

You may need to reconfigure your display's settings. Follow these steps to make your display settings permanent:

• Close or minimize all open programs.
    • Right click an empty area.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Under Multiple displays, select your desired settings.
    • Click Identify to verify which monitor is number 1 and number 2.
    • Click Apply.
    • Click Keep changes to save the settings.

Let us know the outcome.

Dennis Mop, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays...

1. Multiple displays - after update, Monitor One and Two keep switching. Rearranging Displays... - Similar Threads - Multiple displays update

2. Microsoft wireless display adapter to a Switch with multiple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft wireless display adapter to a Switch with multiple displays: Hi all,Currently my meeting room main projector has a microsoft display adapter where we can project our windows laptop wirelessly.However, my meeting room has 2 other displays 1 projector, 1 TV. I would like to display my laptop wirelessly to all 3 displays. Currently they...
  3. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  4. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sharing display to two monitors: I'm having a problem sharing my display between two monitors. My pc has DVI-D and VGA monitor outputs. When I connect the DVI via HDMI to one monitor all is well. When I connect the second monitor via VGA the DVI monitor becomes partially unresponsive while the VGA monitor is...
  5. Sharing display to two monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?

Keep Multiple Monitor Display Arrangement?: Hi all, Have a challenging one here. I have 2 NVIDIA 1080's with 8 monitors currently plugged invisual arrangement below used for business. Even through there are 10 ports on the back of the cards combined, it appears I can only run 8. On occasion, I want to game on 1...
  7. Rearranging displays...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rearranging displays...: First things first: Dell Optiplex, Windows 10 up to date, and two monitors attached via display port. Okay, now the question. Why can't I rearrange the monitors?! Windows has monitor #1 left as secondary and monitor #2 right as the main monitor. I want them switched. I...
  8. multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS

multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS: I am trying to connect my Ideapad 110 via HDMI to a Toshiba TV. When I connect the two, Settings shows a single box with "12" in it, rather that two boxes with 1 and 2 in them respectively. The TV shows no video input. All of the research I have done requires that there...
  9. Multiple displays rearrange windows every time the displays turn off

Multiple displays rearrange windows every time the displays turn off: I have three monitors, of which two are the same model and the third is different. Every time the displays turn off due to the display sleep setting or the computer being locked, the windows are rearranged in at least two different ways. All windows on the monitor that is...
  10. Two monitors but only one display works

Two monitors but only one display works: I have two monitors displaying the Windows 10 screen and all of my shortcut buttons. I have gone through display settings and extending the displays. I have them set up in the right sequence. When I click on the 2nd monitor, everything appears on the 1st monitor. I...