Windows 10: Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the...

Discus and support Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, Is there a way to tell Windows 10 not to assign input focus to the window I tapped on, or to move cursor there? While playing a game, I'd love to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cheshirecrayon, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the...

Hi,

Is there a way to tell Windows 10 not to assign input focus to the window I tapped on, or to move cursor there?

While playing a game, I'd love to interact with the UI of some online game tools, without changing focus from the game. Tapping on the touch display unfortunately does seem to change the focus.

The alternative is, of course, to fire up another machine because all the tools happen to be online, but I'm still interested if this is something doable for other reasons. (Changing music without changing focus of the game, for instance.)

submitted by /u/cheshirecrayon
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/cheshirecrayon, Jul 14, 2020

2. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, Jul 14, 2020
  3. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the...

can I list multiple apps on one menu like in Windows 7?

Hi Tamara,

Currently, there is no option to organize multiple apps on one menu in Windows 10. We suggest changing some taskbar settings to help with your concern. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Select Taskbar on the left pane.
    • Choose the setting for Combine taskbar buttons option to
      When taskbar is full
    When taskbar is full option shows each window as an individual, labeled button. When the taskbar becomes crowded, apps with multiple open windows collapse into a single app button. Tap or click the button to see a list of the windows that
    are open. For more reference, click on this link.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Martin Bar, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the...

1. Multiple displays: Can I use the app on the touchscreen one without taking focus from the... - Similar Threads - Multiple displays app

2. One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11: This question wasn't quite answered by moderator Kirk -MSFT from Jay Bowen on June 6, 2022.The issue I'm having is the new touchscreen works as a touchscreen if it is set as the main default screen. I can use the touch functionality on that screen as it should be. However,...
  3. One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Touchscreen in Multiple Monitor setup on Windows 11: This question wasn't quite answered by moderator Kirk -MSFT from Jay Bowen on June 6, 2022.The issue I'm having is the new touchscreen works as a touchscreen if it is set as the main default screen. I can use the touch functionality on that screen as it should be. However,...
  4. How do I take a screenshot of only one display out of multiple displays with Snip & Sketch?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I take a screenshot of only one display out of multiple displays with Snip & Sketch?: I have 3 displays 2 monitors + my laptop screen. When I use the "Fullscreen Snip" option on Snip & Sketch, it captures a screenshot of ALL 3 displays. I need to capture a screenshot of ONLY ONE. How do I choose which display to be captured?...
  5. multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiple displays showing as one in DISPLAY SETTINGS: I am trying to connect my Ideapad 110 via HDMI to a Toshiba TV. When I connect the two, Settings shows a single box with "12" in it, rather that two boxes with 1 and 2 in them respectively. The TV shows no video input. All of the research I have done requires that there...
  6. Use of multiple displays

Use of multiple displays: Windows 10 Automatic Update Multiple monitors environment I have read various notes and I am just confused and frustrated. I have successfully connected a second monitor to my laptop and duly identified them as 1 and 2, and configured them so that 2 is on the left and 1...
  7. HELP! Can I hibernate one account and open second account without apps using RAM from first...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! Can I hibernate one account and open second account without apps using RAM from first...: I have 4 GB RAM and sometimes I need to hibernate the windows 10. When the second account is opened the apps that are opened in first account continues to use RAM when second account is opened. How can I stop it without losing the state of first account. submitted by...
  8. window taking focus??

window taking focus??: How do I stop the window the cursor is in from riseing to the top. I set it to do this when asked during installation but now it is a pain and I cannot find the setting to change it. Thank you in advance...
  9. Open windows on focused screen using multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Open windows on focused screen using multiple displays: Is there a way to make new windows open on the currently focused screen? By currently focused I mean the one with the mouse pointer. It's really annoying when I click on a taskbar icon and the window opens up on my other monitor. I checked the "Make this my primary display"...
  10. Can i Use one activation key from home to pro on multiple computers.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can i Use one activation key from home to pro on multiple computers.: Hi, i want to install a software which need to be run on windows 10 pro, i want to purchase an activation key, and use it on multiple computers. is it possible?...