Windows 10: Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

Discus and support Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by king53214, Aug 19, 2022.

1. king53214 Win User

Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that my laptop has a 12" screen therefore the size of the laptop in the arrangement diagram at the top would should two boxes of identical size and one that is 1/4 of that size. I could then align the landscape extension of the desktop with the bottom of all three screens aligned. Right now, if I cross from the monitor to th

:)

king53214, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

monitor display size

Hi Kathy,

This issue with monitor display can be caused by screen resolution problems.

As an initial troubleshooting step, try changing the screen resolution by following the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop screen.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click Display.
    • Under Resolution, click on the drop-down menu and change the screen resolution.

Note: You can select the most recommended resolution (1920 x 1080) if applicable and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Desktop Size exceeds Monitor Display Size

Hi Spud,

For us to better assist you with your monitor display size issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Which build and version of Windows are you running on your computer?
    To check, press Windows key + R > type winver
    > hit Enter.

• Is this the first time you've tried connecting your monitor to the Windows 10 computer?
    • If no, were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

Full screen with multiple monitors

Hi Adrian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you need to get Windows 10 full screen / maximize to span multiple monitors rather than just one monitor.

Please answer the below question to assist you better.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Press Windows Key + P Keyboard Shortcut

1. Close all open programs.

2. Hold down the Windows key and press the
    P key on your keyboard.

3. Select one of the following display style options

o PC Screen Only

o Duplicate

o Extend

o Second Screen Only

Method 2: Display Settings Menu

• Close all open programs.
    • Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and click Display Settings.
    • Click the Multiple Displays drop-down list, and select
      Duplicate these displays
      or Extend these displays or
      Show only on 1
      or Show only on 2.

If you cannot see the second monitor(s) listed, click Detect. If this does not work, try to reconnect the cables on your monitor, restart the computer and repeat steps 1 and 2.
    • Click Identify to see which monitor is number 1 (Primary Monitor) and number 2 (Secondary Monitor).

• Click Keep Changes if you are prompted to save the changes made to the display settings.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

1. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the... - Similar Threads - Multiple displays monitor

2. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  3. Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple displays monitor A/B are the same size but Windows thinks my laptop monitor is the...: I have two 24" ProDisplay P240va monitors that are connecting correctly to my laptop and the desk extension to the laptop screen is functioning correctly. However, in settings→Display all three monitors are showing the same size, when in the past, Windows has identified that...
  4. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  5. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.: Hello, i have a issue with windows where it thinks my second monitor is smaller than my main one, they are the same size, 32 inches I think this may be because my main monitor is 3840 x 2160 while my secondary one is 1920x1080, its getting annoying as I can only move over a...
  6. windows thinks second monitor is smaller, even though they are same size.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Monitor display sizing

Monitor display sizing: I use two monitors at 2 different % displays 125% & 100%; how can I get my display sizing choice to stick? Every time the machine goes to sleep or I lock it, I have to re-adjust the sizing on my main computer while the 2nd monitor remains correct....
  8. Windows thinks same size monitors are different?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows thinks same size monitors are different?: So I just got a 1440p monitor to compliment the 4k monitor I got when I built my PC. They both are 27” but obviously are different resolutions. When I go to arrange my screens, the 1440p monitor shows as smaller than the 4k monitor, despite them being the same size. Any idea...
  9. 1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    1080p monitor and 4K TV to the same display size?: Is it somehow possible to get both displays to the same size in the display settings despite different resolution ? Because it annoys me a lot when I go up sideways with the mouse that I end up at a different point on the TV than I am out of the monitor. [ATTACH]...
  10. display size on monitor

display size on monitor: I cannot get my display to fill up the monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-size-on-monitor/b6db0b92-5c81-48fd-9eb4-4d0d49381271