Windows 10: Multiple displays not working with a docking station

Discus and support Multiple displays not working with a docking station in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JmanJarquise, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?

:)

JmanJarquise, Jun 10, 2021
  2. jackin Win User

I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.

1. I cannot connect to home Wi-Fi off the docking station but not on docking station.
    2. When i'm on docking station system says i'm connected to home Wi-Fi, but when i browse says not connected.
    3. Other devices connected to home Wi-Fi has no issue.
    4. What steps can i take to resolve the issue other than updating Wi-Fi adapter driver?

jackin, Jun 10, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 10, 2021
  4. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

display problem with docking station

The display on docking station is not working since i upgraded to windows 10.

I have a kensington USB dock with that i am using with my ThinkPad.

I was using win 7 Pro, and the docking station was working perfectly fine.

After i upgraded to Win 10, the display on the dock has stopped working. All other devices/functions (keyboard, mouse, LAN, other usb devices) attached to the dock are working. Win 10 is not detecting the 2nd screen/display device.

Anyone else facing similar problem? Have you found any solution to this?

As a temporary arrangement, i have connected the 2nd monitor to the laptop video out.

Have also written to kensington, about the issue.

ShirishHPatil, Jun 10, 2021
Thema:

Multiple displays not working with a docking station

1. Multiple displays not working with a docking station - Similar Threads - Multiple displays working

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Class ID with Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class ID with Multiple Docking Stations: Hi, We use the class ID so we can assign various options on our dhcp scopes. The desktops are fine as they dont move about. The laptops are obviously mobile and they attach to different docking stations a people move about. When you set the class id on the laptop initially...
  6. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station: I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work...
  7. docking station for extended display is not working.

docking station for extended display is not working.: I went to Display but there's no option for me to choose to extend display. I even did Win+P but monitor won't extend. PLease help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-for-extended-display-is-not/102d1335-019e-4b1c-94c9-e1c4de47f73c
  8. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  9. Display Settings on Docking Stations

Display Settings on Docking Stations: Hi all, My organisation has recently used to Windows 10 and our estate is largely made up of Surface pro 4's, 6's and surface laptop 2's. we use these with the surface docking station with mini display ports to connect to 2 monitors. i have set most of the display...
  10. Multiple Docking Stations

Multiple Docking Stations: I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc......