Windows 10: Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between?

Discus and support Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey all, I just set up a second display for Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there's any way I can stop the mouse from moving between the two displays?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hishighness420, May 3, 2019.

1. Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between?

Hey all, I just set up a second display for Windows 10 and I'm wondering if there's any way I can stop the mouse from moving between the two displays? Basically my ideal scenario would either be a toggle that enables and disables moving to my second display or maybe just make it so I have to press a button like Control or Alt or something for it to be able to move back and forth.

Thanks for your time.

:)

hishighness420, May 3, 2019
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

How to save a multiple displays settings?

Hi VAinc,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums

You may want to answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. May I know the make and model of the PC?
    2. Did you try updating your display driver?
    3. Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Steps 1:

1. Go to settings
    2. Click on “System"
    3. Then click on Display
    4. Move your mouse to the monitor that needs to be set as primary and check the box
      "Make this my main display"
    5. Under "Multiple displays" select "Duplicate these displays"
    6. Then select “Keep this display settings
    Once you make these changes, you may restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps,

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community- Moderator

Mithin_EJ, May 3, 2019
  3. Multiple display taskbar

Hi Justin,

Let me guide you now on how to set up multiple displays on a Windows 10 computer. You may follow the steps below to configure the correct display settings for your device.

Here are the steps:

• Right-click on your desktop.
    • Select Display settings, then different options will be displayed.
    • You can either choose Duplicate these displays to sync your activities from the original monitor with the second one or
      Extend these displays to be able to do multiple activities using separate displays.
    • After choosing your preferred option, click on Apply.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Engelsen Fad, May 3, 2019
  4. Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between?

how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 3, 2019
Thema:

Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between?

1. Multiple displays, stop mouse from moving between? - Similar Threads - Multiple displays stop

2. Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?: I have an HP Zbook Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I have two additional displays, so in total I have three monitors. When I take any window... Outlook, Web Browser, Win Explorer... doesn't matter which application... when I grab an application and drag it to another...
  3. Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?: I have an HP Zbook Laptop running Windows 10 Enterprise. I have two additional displays, so in total I have three monitors. When I take any window... Outlook, Web Browser, Win Explorer... doesn't matter which application... when I grab an application and drag it to another...
  4. Possible to keep windows maximized when moving between multiple displays?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't close gaps between multiple displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't close gaps between multiple displays: When using my 3 monitor set up as seen in the attached screenshot, I always have a gap between screen 2 & 3. What's weird is that if I slowly try to move my curser between that larger gap, it gets stuck on the edge, but if I "rush"(?) the cursor, meaning I move it really...
  6. Virtual Desktops between multiple displays

Virtual Desktops between multiple displays: When are you going to incorporate the option for multiple desktops between multiple displays, instead of just an extended display? This would be really useful. Thank you....
  7. Move mouse between non-touching monitors?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Move mouse between non-touching monitors?: This is my current setup. I can move the mouse between 1 and 3 or 2 and 3, but not between 1 and 2. How can I make it move between 1 and 2? submitted by /u/Electro-Ninja [link] [comments]...
  8. moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard

moving cursor between multiple creens with keyboard: HI, I use two screens and would like to be able to switch the cursor's position between screens using the keyboard instead of my mouse. Are there any key shortcuts for this? at the moment I have to do a lot of manual dragging of the cursor with mouse. I'd like to be able to...
  9. Moving between pages without a mouse

Moving between pages without a mouse: I cannot figure out how to return to the previous page without a mouse. I use a laptop running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/moving-between-pages-without-a-mouse/b439515a-ba07-4d09-92c3-6b72ca6b0449
  10. problems moving mouse between vertical monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    problems moving mouse between vertical monitors: I recently received my Alienware Aurora and set it up in my home office. I have a triple screen setup with two monitors mounted vertically above and below one another,and the third monitor on the left of these two in portrait mode. The two vertical monitors are both in...