Windows 10: Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away!

Discus and support Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Normally there should only be 2 dllhosts running in the background but they should close after a few seconds. But since installing Windows 10 last week... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away!

Normally there should only be 2 dllhosts running in the background but they should close after a few seconds. But since installing Windows 10 last week for the first time. I've noticed 1-3 dllhosts often get triggered when I go to either settings/control panel and other system settings. Suddenly extra dllhosts pop-up and they won't disappear after that from my task manager.

These are legit files. I only installed Windows 10 last week. But I can't seem to fix this problem. Normally they should disappear. Can anyone tell me if this is normal, and if not how can I fix this?
    I tried re-registering Com Surrogate but it doesn't solve the issue.

Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away! [​IMG]

I know these DLLhosts are taking very little memory, but I want to know why they get triggered and then won't go away. In Windows 7 and 8.1 I never noticed this sort of behaviour. Only in Windows 8.1 I noticed a single dllhost after launching one of the store apps such as weather app but closing it made it disappear.

But in Windows 10 I have tried closing every single thing in my task manager separately and none of them are associated with any of these dllhosts that are being triggered.

:)

BLaZiNgSPEED, Apr 17, 2019
  2. z10556 Win User

Task Manager not running

I have added a new task to the ones already populated which I suppose were in Win7
    The new task or the present tasks are not running as there is no entry in the history or
    recently run file
    are there other steps necessary to get the new task manager to start up ?

z10556, Apr 17, 2019
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

4. DaveM121 Win User

Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away!

OVER 160 RunDll32.exe in TASK MANAGER !

Have you got lots of Rundll32.exe or svchost.exe processes running, or both?

On a normal Windows 10 system, you should not have any Rundll32.exe processes running at all. Check your startup apps the see what is causing this:

• Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc together to open Task Manager, click on the Startup Tab and see if there are any entries that are starting under rundll32, if there are, disable them
    • Press WIndows + R keys together to open the run dialog, type msconfig and hit enter. Click on the services tab and check the box marked 'Hide all Microsoft Services'. Then scroll through the list of services looking for rundll32 entries, if you find any,
      uncheck them and reboot

With regards to svchost, i have noticed a huge increase in the number of these processes since the Creators Upgrade - I have 77 currently running on my system. They all are using 0% processor and HDD and on average about 1MB - 2MB, though this number does
    seem excessive . . .

DaveM121, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away!

1. Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away! - Similar Threads - Multiple dllhost exe

2. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  3. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  4. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  5. Task manager not going away when I alt tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task manager not going away when I alt tab: HeySo whenever I alt-tab out of task manager the other app opens Because I see its highlited in the taskbar and task manager kind of greys out But task manager is still there and it doesnt disappear. This only happens in task manager other apps work fine when I alt tab....
  6. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  7. Multiple apps running in task manager

Multiple apps running in task manager: I have a browser that I use called OperaGX and when I opened task manager it was taking up almost all of my memory. Here's a screenshot of what I'm talking about: [ATTACH]...
  8. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  9. Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away since Windows 10!

Multiple dllhost.exe keep running in task manager and won't go away since Windows 10!: [ATTACH] Normally there should only be 2 dllhosts running in the background but they should close after a few seconds. But in Windows 10 these 2 dllhosts often get triggered when I go to either settings/control panel and other system settings. Suddenly extra dllhosts pop-up...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dllsurogate dllhost can work for multiple threads?