Windows 10: Multiple Docking Stations

Discus and support Multiple Docking Stations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by legalstu, Sep 24, 2018.

1. legalstu Win User

Multiple Docking Stations

I have surface pro, like it, I have docking station, if I travel to another office and use another different docking station, will it disturb my 1st docking station settings ( 2 monitors, one portrait, one landscape) etc...

:)

legalstu, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

DVI not working on extended monitor with Surface Book docking station

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Make sure the power light for the docking station is on

• Make sure the monitor is getting power

• Make sure the cable is connected properly to the monitor

• Unplug and reconnect the Mini-DVI adapter on the back of your docking station

• Try flipping the connector for the adapter over (turns out some adapters can go in upside-down)

• Take the Surface out of the docking station then put it back in

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Windows Powershell- Detect Docking Stations and attached monitors

I am trying to write a script to detect all docking stations and monitors attached to those docking station for Lenovo Thinkpad t540p laptops on a domain network. Most of the monitors are Asus. Any suggestions or is this even possible? Running powershell from DEV WIN 10

Trix Rahbit, Sep 24, 2018
  4. TimStone Win User

SP 3, Docking Station, HDMI Output, Windows 10

Ahh ...

But this is a Surface Pro 3, and I only have one, so there is no way to "try a different computer".

However, the docking station:

• Supplies power to the SP3
    • Supplies the connected ( line in ) internet to the SP3
    • The USB ports work properly on the docking station and can be viewed on the SP3
    So, by a process of elimination, the only thing that does not work is the video port on the SP3 since the cable works when plugged into the SP3, but not when plugged into the docking station. Everything else is as it should be.

Perhaps I might point out one other small contradiction to your response. If you look at this forum, although my specific problem is not referenced, there are several reports of problems using external monitors with the docking station ... so to say it
    has no problems may be quite inaccurate.

Perhaps someone else can provide suggestions for what I can check. And yes, it did work fine with Windows 8.1.

Tim

TimStone, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple Docking Stations - Similar Threads - Multiple Docking Stations

2. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  3. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Docking Station: I have a Laptop that connects to a docking station via USB. I have 2 monitors and the laptop. When I disconnect the laptop from the docking station, all the open windows goes onto my laptop. When I connect my laptop back to the docking station. The windows stay on my laptop....
  4. Docking Station

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Multiple displays not working with a docking station

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple displays not working with a docking station: I can always connect one monitor at a time, but once I connect a second, both displays go black #3 and #2, #1 and #4 are the laptop screens. What does it mean that #2 is grayed out?...
  6. Class ID with Multiple Docking Stations

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class ID with Multiple Docking Stations: Hi, We use the class ID so we can assign various options on our dhcp scopes. The desktops are fine as they dont move about. The laptops are obviously mobile and they attach to different docking stations a people move about. When you set the class id on the laptop initially...
  7. Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station

Connecting Multiple Monitors to My Laptop Docking Station: I'm attempting to connect my laptop docking station with 2 monitors. When I close the laptop lid, both monitors go black. Can anyone help me with the connection process? I'm a work from home employee and trying to connect so I can work...
  8. USB on docking station

USB on docking station: I have a Surface 3. The USB ports are not recognised when the Surface is docked and the power supply is turned off, though they work fine when the power supply is on. Can someone tell me how to change this so that they are still recognised when the Surface is docked, but no...
  9. docking station keyboad.

docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  10. Hp docking station

Hp docking station: Is there a way to change the docking station power button settings? When ita pushed now it turns off my computer, is there a way to turn that feature off or change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-docking-station/0705e5a2-bd57-459f-901e-1d5a97c2b4c1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows settings for multiple docking stations

2. multiple docking station are not