Windows 10: Multiple documents folders

Discus and support Multiple documents folders in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am so confused by the number of Documents folders on my computer. In the Users folder under my name are two, one that seems to have the files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AmyWellfleet, Nov 4, 2021.

1. Multiple documents folders

I am so confused by the number of Documents folders on my computer. In the Users folder under my name are two, one that seems to have the files compressed, the other doesn't. Then under My PC is another Documents folder. I never know where things go when I am saving to Documents because I don't know which one a file is going to. So I waste time sifting through these three different folders.And that doesn't even count the OneDrive documents folder. I have no idea which ones are going in there---all of the above or only the My PC ones?HELP! Why can't there be just ONE documents folder??

:)

AmyWellfleet, Nov 4, 2021

2. Multiple 'Documents' folders under 'This PC'

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

This may happen if one the “documents” folder has been stored on different target location.

Follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

I suggest that you check both the folders location where they are saved using the below method:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Restore Default, and then click Apply and OK.

• Check what happens, try these step on all the documents folder.
    Method 2

If the above step fails then try checking the target location of both the folders by using the find target option:

• Right-click on any one documents folder and then click Properties.

• Click the Location tab, click Find target.

• Check where the target location of both the folders is and check if any one goes to the user name location and later delete the one which goes to wrong location.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 4, 2021
  3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Nov 4, 2021
  4. SP1969 Win User

Multiple documents folders

Deleting multiple documents

That is simply more steps. What I want is for it to automatically select the next document in the list... so all I have to do is keep hitting delete. I know how to highlight sections or multiple documents... But I shouldn't have to select multiple at
    a time. As it is now, I have to physically select the next document in the list then hit delete.

For example, in Outlook, I can run down my list of emails for the day and just hit delete. Fast and simple.

I was once able to do that in Explorer.

SP1969, Nov 4, 2021
Thema:

Multiple documents folders

1. Multiple documents folders - Similar Threads - Multiple documents folders

2. Documents folder inside Documents folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder inside Documents folder: A question identical or similar to this was raised in 2021 on this forum but I don't quite understand the advice that was given then. I have this annoying setup on my system, which I seem to have had ever since Windows 7 came along: In the right pane of File Explorer the...
  3. Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders: I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. All seemed fine until today when the system asked me to log in to OneDrive. I did this and it asked if I wanted to backup my Documents, Desktop and Pictures which seemed like a good idea even though I don't use these folders....
  4. Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Multiple nested Documents and OneDrive folders: I recently updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10. All seemed fine until today when the system asked me to log in to OneDrive. I did this and it asked if I wanted to backup my Documents, Desktop and Pictures which seemed like a good idea even though I don't use these folders....
  5. Multiple documents folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple documents folders: I am so confused by the number of Documents folders on my computer. In the Users folder under my name are two, one that seems to have the files compressed, the other doesn't. Then under My PC is another Documents folder. I never know where things go when I am saving to...
  6. Multiple documents folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple documents folders: I am so confused by the number of Documents folders on my computer. In the Users folder under my name are two, one that seems to have the files compressed, the other doesn't. Then under My PC is another Documents folder. I never know where things go when I am saving to...
  7. Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD

Multiple My Document and My Pictures folders on HDD: It might seem that each time I updated Windows going back at least two decades, separate multiple My Document and separate multiple My Picture files were created. They are not always mirrors of each other. Sometimes there are My Docs folders w/files within the My Docs master...
  8. Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder

Multiple Documents, Pictures and Desktop Folder: I'm using Win10. In My Documents I've found I have 2 of each of Pictures, Documents and Desktop folders. Although one of the Desktop folders is empty the other Documents and Pictures folders each have items in them. I think that they are local storage and OneDrive storage...
  9. File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders

in Windows 10 Support
    File exploer - why multiple public and documents folders: [img] This is my file explorer tree. First question is, why is there a public folder under the PC name, and another one under Users. I think this was the same in Win 7. They are not the same folder. It's confusing to have multiple public folders. Can I just delete...
  10. Multiple Documents, etc folders

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Multiple Documents, etc folders: My Win7 had My Documents, My Downloads, etc setup on the D drive. The default for Win 10 after the upgrade has the C drive Users area as default. There is no location tab on the Win10 folders. How can I get the default to save to the D drive? 15663