Windows 10: Multiple drives clean up

Discus and support Multiple drives clean up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I recently changed my pc and kept the old hard drive from it for extra storage. I have; Local disc c: 8gb free of 218gb ssd System reserved... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jamesbil, Mar 3, 2020.

1. jamesbil Win User

Multiple drives clean up

Hi,

I recently changed my pc and kept the old hard drive from it for extra storage.

I have;

Local disc c: 8gb free of 218gb ssd

System reserved D: 456mb free of 496mb all that is on this is a file $winre backup partition marker 0kb, can i delete this drive?

Windows recovery partition E: 979mb free of 4.78gb

OS H: 356gb free of 586gb this is the drive from the old pc

Recovery I: 4.6gb free of 9.9gb recovery from the old pc maybe? can I delete it?

Also if I do a disc cleanup there is 35gb of previous windows installation files, can I delete these?

Thanks

James

:)

jamesbil, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    clean possibly infected flash drives and CD-RWs

Your steps in post #1 should work for 99% of viruses that may be on a usb flash drive. However, there are a very few viruses that can infect the MBR of a drive. I would use Diskpart from a command prompt (Admin) to clean them. In the command prompt type DISKPART then, at the Diskpart prompt use the commands:

LIST DISKnote the disk number of the usb and use it in place of # in the command:SELECT DISK #
    CLEAN
    CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY

After this you will have cleaned the partition table from the usb and created a partition using the whole of the the available space. You can then format this partition in File Explorer.

For a CD-RW, if you right-click on it in File Explorer there is an Erase option.

Bree, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Multiple drives clean up

little cat, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Multiple drives clean up

1. Multiple drives clean up - Similar Threads - Multiple drives clean

2. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  3. How to clean up my C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean up my C drive: Hi... i own a asus laptop with 256GB HDD and a later installed 1 TB HDD...my C drive now shows only 9.76 GB out of 129 GB free...and its marked in red.how can i clean this C drive.im on windows 11 now....
  4. secondary hard drive clean up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    secondary hard drive clean up: Hello. dell g7 laptop 120g ssd 1tb hd. 3 years. cant count all the games/launchers that came & went. Did clean win10 install, Saved nothing wrongfully assumed it would wipe both hard drives.. Uninstalled all xbox/steam games before clean install. just to speed up process....
  5. How to clean up drive.

How to clean up drive.: i onyl have one drive on my pc and i want to delete evrything on it meaning clean it up so it doesnt have any data on it . *override it with 0* And i dont have a flash drive or a dvd to use a 3rd party application to do that. And i want to reinstall windows 10 manually and...
  6. Setting up multiple desktops for different drives

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting up multiple desktops for different drives: I have recently gotten a second monitor, and would like to have my hard drive's files displayed on the second. Currently, i have 2 drives, a 1TB SSD and a 2TB HDD, my desktop is currently using my SSD's files, but I'd like my second monitor to have the files of my HDD without...
  7. Hard Drive Clean-up

Hard Drive Clean-up: My Hard drive is 'full'. 800 GB of 900 GB is in 'Other files' I cannot see. How can I see them and delete the unwanted ones safely? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-clean-up/b70389b8-c1b8-4b67-b26e-c604a67103b3
  8. Backing up from multiple drives in PC

Backing up from multiple drives in PC: I have three drives in my PC: two SSD and one hard. OneDrive, of which I am a new user, is backing up only from the first and smallest of these. How do I configure it to make copies of the files on the other two drives?...
  9. Clean install of Windows 10 on a desktop with multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean install of Windows 10 on a desktop with multiple drives: I have a Desktop PC with four internal drives Two SSD and two HDD. I am going to be replacing the SSD that runs Windows because it is no longer large enough for what I need. I want to do a clean install of Windows on it because it is getting slow. But this poses a basic...
  10. Clean Install - Multiple drives

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean Install - Multiple drives: I have a Gateway ZX6800 AIO - previously W7 to W10 upgrades failed but I was able to do clean install. I did this on using a new Samsung SSD with other HD disconnected. I upgrade storage drive from 1TB to 2TB and copied all my data files to the new drive (D*Smile. I have W10...