Windows 10: Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

Discus and support Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by robo731, Feb 8, 2019.

1. robo731 Win User

Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

I currently have one 100MB EFI partition and I use grub to boot Windows 10, Manjaro, and Arch. I'm going to be installing macOS which requires a 200MB EFI partition. I have read though, that Windows may have issues with there being more than one EFI partition on a given disk, but I couldn't find anything specific on it.

Can anyone substantiate or refute that claim?

:)

robo731, Feb 8, 2019
  2. trog100 Win User

Move EFI partition

its to enable win 10 to update to its anniversary edition.. it cant do this due to lack of C drive space i have had a quick try with the trial version of easus.. it didnt seem to be able to do what i want..

i am assuming i cant just delete the efi partition but maybe i could.. as yet i havnt even figured out how to get into the bios of the thing.. maybe that should be my next step.. *Smile Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive :)

diskpart could probably do it but figuring out how (it aint that user friendly) might be difficult without step by step instructions..

trog

trog100, Feb 8, 2019
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Partition or multiple hard drives?

As the title suggests. Is it worth installing say a 36GB drive for the OS soley or partitioning an existing larger drive with either 2 or more partitions? I am currently running Vista 32bit and want to try out 64bit and am sick of reformatting the whole drive. Any suggestions?

Dia01, Feb 8, 2019
  4. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

Multiple drive o recovery and EFI partitions

On my drive 0, I have multiple (6) recovery and EFI partitions (12 in all). Why do I have so many? Do I need them? How do I get rid of the ones I do not need? I am using Windows 10. Does Windows Updates create new recovery partitions?

John

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

joiseyjohn, Feb 8, 2019
Thema:

Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive

1. Multiple EFI partitions on the same drive - Similar Threads - Multiple EFI partitions

2. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  3. Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple EFI system partitions on C drive: Been trying to do a dual boot with windows 11 & 10 on my c drive by running a windows 10 usb boot drive to install.It didnt work, windows 10 failing to create a boot setup and i`m left with lots of small 100MB partitions on my c drive. Any idea which i can remove, i`m trying...
  4. EFI Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EFI Partition: Attached below is a screenshot of my disk managerI would like to make my C drive adjacent to the unallocated space so that I can expand the C drive into the 97 free gb. Is there a way I can move the EFI partition so that the C drive is adjacent to the unallocated space.Also...
  5. Multiple EFI Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple EFI Partitions: Checked computer management and found 2 EFI partitions and also checked with a partition manager which displays 3 EFI partitions.Why so many?How do I know which one is being used?James...
  6. Multiple EFI Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple EFI Partitions: Checked computer management and found 2 EFI partitions and also checked with a partition manager which displays 3 EFI partitions.Why so many?How do I know which one is being used?James...
  7. Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Assigned Drive letters for EFI partitions.: Basically, I've tried cloning my windows to a bigger drive with AOMEI Partition Assistant following jayz2cents' video but I think I messed it up because my EFI partitions showed up in File Explorer. I've tried a couple of solutions online like command prompt to remove...
  8. EFI partition on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    EFI partition on wrong drive: I have an SSD and an HDD. Windows is on the SSD but as you can see EFI and recovery partitions (there are two for some reason) are on the other drive. I'm not sure if it's always been like that but after dual booting with ubuntu probably had something to do with it. I've...
  9. Drive letter for EFI system partition?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Drive letter for EFI system partition?: In Macrium Reflect (free), a Dell Optiplex 3046 running 6.3.1835 on Win 10 64 Pro, returns a Cluster run error Cluster run short error 21 when performing a backup that includes the EFI system partition. Macrium's suggested solution is to assign a drive letter to that...
  10. EFI Partitions on wrong drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    EFI Partitions on wrong drive: Hi, After removing an SSD (W*Smile from my rig I discovered that my system would no longer boot and gave the error: NTDLL not found. Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. I put the drive back and was able to boot. Attached is my disk management. I recently installed plugged...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple efi partitions

2. drive has multiple recovery and efi partitions

3. multiple efi drive

4. windows multiple efi