Windows 10: Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

Discus and support Multiple email accounts, single .ost file in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap. I have multiple pop accounts from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rosede, Mar 19, 2019.

1. rosede Win User

Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap.

I have multiple pop accounts from different sources and they all use a single .pst data file. I started testing moving a couple of those accounts to imap and discovered that they both have their own .ost file. Outlook allows me to change data files for pop, but doesn't give me that ability for imap. Is there a way to change that? Once I have an account created, to change the data file that it's pointed to?

Thanks

Daryl

:)

rosede, Mar 19, 2019
  2. scopio Win User

Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

Hi JJG10
    I did managed to move the .ost data file from C:\users\****\Appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook to G:\Users\***\Documents\Outlook Files for an IMAP account following the next steps;

1. Removed the email account from Outlook, (the Data File will be removed by default). The email account and Data File MUST be removed before you create the ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath!
    2. Close Outlook
    3. Deleted the file in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\email address.ost file.
    4. Opened the Registry, navigated to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook
    5. I created both the String Value:ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath and the Value data to read D:\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    6. Powered off the pc.
    7. Powered on the pc
    8. Opened Control Panel > Mail > E-mail accounts > Account settings > New and added the IMAP account Manually (Do not use Add new mail account from within Outlook!)
    9. When the account was added the Data File was created in the D\:Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    10. Open Outlook and it will update the account.

Multiple email accounts, single .ost file [​IMG]

Hope this is helpful.

scopio, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Than can I convert OST files to PST.

How do I convert OST to PST and why a regular email with a regular account was suddenly stored in OST format if as it is said You have this Exchange account extension. Good day! Does anyone have a Converter from ost file to pst ?

LawrenceEdmunds, Mar 19, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple email accounts, single .ost file - Similar Threads - Multiple email accounts

2. Multiple machines linked to single MS account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple machines linked to single MS account: Hello, Can someone confirm if it's possible to use one Microsoft account to purchase multiple licenses for different devices?Thanks,Sebastian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-machines-linked-to-single-ms-account/89185398-78df-44aa-b5d6-edeb73093d90
  3. Multiple machines linked to single MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple machines linked to single MS account: Hello, Can someone confirm if it's possible to use one Microsoft account to purchase multiple licenses for different devices?Thanks,Sebastian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-machines-linked-to-single-ms-account/89185398-78df-44aa-b5d6-edeb73093d90
  4. Multiple machines linked to single MS account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OST to PST Converter Software to Convert OST to PST File: Toady am represent a wonderful Software for the conversion of inaccessible and disconnected OST files into Outlook PST files. keep your eyes in the post, i am revealing the name of Superlative Software- PDS OST to PST Converter. It's very reliable for non tech users because...
  6. recover a .ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover a .ost file: Earlier today i deleted my .ost file from Appdata microsoft outlook on my c drive . I was having problems with sync issues in outlook 800cccd2-0-0-733 terminated in error . i went to troubleshoot and help and it suggested deleting the .ost file for my email address and...
  7. change location of ost file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change location of ost file: How do I change the location of my outlook 365 OST file from the default C: to D:\myOST I do not have room on my W10 SSD on C: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-location-of-ost-file/dceed523-0582-4326-be3b-684cc3023344"
  8. Another single account multiple pc's with a twist

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Another single account multiple pc's with a twist: I have a main pc a HP (version 1903) and a dell (version 1909) I want to set up a single user multiple login on the two. Here's the thing throwing me off. The Dell already has another user account on it that my wife uses occasionally. All the instructions I've found is for...
  9. Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple email accounts, single .ost file: I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap. I have multiple pop accounts from different sources and they all use a single .pst data file. I started testing moving a couple of those accounts to imap and...
  10. Why are OST files not to be shadowed

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are OST files not to be shadowed: This registry key -- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot -- includes Microsoft Office .ost file. This causes my Veritas software not to include this important file. What is the logic for excluding this file? What would be the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. multiple users on single ost file