Windows 10: Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

Discus and support Multiple email accounts, single .ost file in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap. I have multiple pop accounts from... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rosede, Mar 19, 2019.

1. rosede Win User

Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap.

I have multiple pop accounts from different sources and they all use a single .pst data file. I started testing moving a couple of those accounts to imap and discovered that they both have their own .ost file. Outlook allows me to change data files for pop, but doesn't give me that ability for imap. Is there a way to change that? Once I have an account created, to change the data file that it's pointed to?

Thanks

Daryl

:)

rosede, Mar 19, 2019
  2. scopio Win User

Outlook does not create new OST file in folder in ForceOSTPath.

Hi JJG10
    I did managed to move the .ost data file from C:\users\****\Appdata\local\Microsoft\Outlook to G:\Users\***\Documents\Outlook Files for an IMAP account following the next steps;

1. Removed the email account from Outlook, (the Data File will be removed by default). The email account and Data File MUST be removed before you create the ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath!
    2. Close Outlook
    3. Deleted the file in C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\email address.ost file.
    4. Opened the Registry, navigated to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook
    5. I created both the String Value:ForcePSTPath key AND the ForceOSTPath and the Value data to read D:\Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    6. Powered off the pc.
    7. Powered on the pc
    8. Opened Control Panel > Mail > E-mail accounts > Account settings > New and added the IMAP account Manually (Do not use Add new mail account from within Outlook!)
    9. When the account was added the Data File was created in the D\:Users\Username\Documents\Outlook Files
    10. Open Outlook and it will update the account.

Multiple email accounts, single .ost file [​IMG]

Hope this is helpful.

scopio, Mar 19, 2019
  3. Than can I convert OST files to PST.

How do I convert OST to PST and why a regular email with a regular account was suddenly stored in OST format if as it is said You have this Exchange account extension. Good day! Does anyone have a Converter from ost file to pst ?

LawrenceEdmunds, Mar 19, 2019
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Multiple email accounts, single .ost file - Similar Threads - Multiple email accounts

2. Multiple emails received

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple emails received: Over past couple of days I receive the same emails many times. I delete them and then receive the same lot again. How do I stop this happening please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-emails-received/872ccf7c-0360-4d82-81b1-656657643fcd
  3. WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WindowsImageBackup does not backup .ost file?: Dear all, I tried to restore my Windows 10 with Office 2010 from the WindowsImageBackup yesterday. I found that the Outlook needed to download my emails from the very beginning. My email size was 25G and all sat in my system drive. It would take 3 days to download...
  4. Multiple email accounts, single .ost file

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple email accounts, single .ost file: I use Outlook 2016 and I've been using pop since the dawn of time, but now I feel that it's time to switch to imap. I have multiple pop accounts from different sources and they all use a single .pst data file. I started testing moving a couple of those accounts to imap and...
  5. Email to multiple addresses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email to multiple addresses: Hi Am trying to send an email to multiple addresses which I have in a file. I manage to load the file onto my email but it will only send to the name I put into recipient box. What am I not doing correctly ? Regards Pete...
  6. scan multiple pages into a single PDF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scan multiple pages into a single PDF: I have installed a HP 2545 printer scanner but cannot scan multiple pages into one PDF document https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scan-multiple-pages-into-a-single-pdf/4f94c490-9a49-4104-9ed9-8d053b8f98b1
  7. Multiple emails

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple emails: This is really tricky to explain.I am using Outlook,when I send an email to person A and he replies,I get his reply but also the email that I sent.If after a week or two I have sent 5 emails I then end up with the 10 emails all showing. The last email I recieved I needed to...
  8. Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outllook 2016 - signature selection on multiple email accounts: Hi I have set up 3 separate email accounts all with their own .pst file. My main Zen domain: L: xxx@zen.co.uk a Zen sub-domain: L: xxx@xxxxxx.myzen.co.uk another domain unrelated to Zen: L: xxxx@xxxxx.bbmax.co.uk I have edited the registry in order to force outlook to...
  9. Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 365 forcing email account selection from multiple accounts: Hi I have found some information with regards to Office 2016 (and others) which points to registry entries that do not seem to exist for me so wondering if the registry keys are in a different location for Office 365...? Basically I will be taking on a job and have set...
  10. Why are OST files not to be shadowed

in Windows 10 Support
    Why are OST files not to be shadowed: This registry key -- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\BackupRestore\FilesNotToSnapshot -- includes Microsoft Office .ost file. This causes my Veritas software not to include this important file. What is the logic for excluding this file? What would be the...