Windows 10: Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger

Discus and support Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! So, basically, I have this problem where there are two separate mice in the device manager even though I only have 1 connected. I have made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JG_66, Sep 12, 2020.

1. JG_66 Win User

Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger

Hello!

So, basically, I have this problem where there are two separate mice in the device manager even though I only have 1 connected.

I have made sure there are no bluetooth mice. 1 of the mice shows as the normal HID-Compliant mouse, while the other shows as Logitech HID-compliant cordless mouse. I do use a laptop, Asus Vivobook x510qa, and I have the Logitech m310 mouse, which is pretty old.

Why is it showing the 2 mice entries in the decice manager and how do I get rid of one?

BTW, I only found out this after wanting to go into the registry and change the scroll direction.

:)

JG_66, Sep 12, 2020

2. [BUG REPORT] Multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device

Hello,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with multiple entries in privacy settings for same mobile device in Windows 10.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

Step 1:

I would suggest you to restart the phone and check if that helps.

If that doesn’t work, follow step 2

Step 2:

I would suggest you to soft reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• Press and hold the power button and
      volume down button simultaneously for about 10 seconds

• The phone should vibrate and reboot
    If that doesn’t work, follow step 3

Step 3:

I would suggest you to hard reset the phone and check if that helps. Please follow the steps given below.

• At the beginning power off device.

• Then press Power key once.

• After that press and hold
      Volume Down
      key.

• After exclamation point appears on the screen release all keys.

• Press the following options in exact chronological order:
      Volume Up, Volume Down, Power,
      and Volume Down.

• Done
    There is an alternative method to perform hard reset. Please follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Turn on Microsoft Lumia.

• Go to Windows Phone Settings.

• Tap About.

• Confirm the operations by selecting Reset Your Phone.
    Note: All the user data will be lost.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Sep 12, 2020
  3. multiple entries of modem in settings

In settings-devices I have over 70 entries for my Archer_VR1600v modem all saying "not connected" and only one entry with nothing listed next to it. I need to reset my network settings daily to get any connection to the internet. Would these multiple listings
    be the cause of this resetting problem?

*** Merge thread due to similar issue ***

robertthomas54, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse: No Device Detected

Hi Pard,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. Follow the Methods below and check.

Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Also perform the steps suggested in the link below and check.

Troubleshooting: Mice

Steps applicable to Windows 10.

Do let us know if you are able to use Microsoft 3500 Wireless Mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger - Similar Threads - Multiple entries mouse

2. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  3. Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers: I am uncertain if this is by design, and if so, I understand. I support a traveling comms team that supports a VIP user. Part of their travel procedure involves setting up a comms room at the various hotels they stay at, and as part of that they connect various printers via...
  4. Hid Compilant Mouse not in Device Mananger

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hid Compilant Mouse not in Device Mananger: The HID Compilant Mouse Driver randomly disappeared from device manager and since then my mouse hasn't be working i would rlly like a answer of help because this puts a hold on things i need to do....
  5. Change multiple Date Modified entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Change multiple Date Modified entries: Is it possible to achieve the following by either command prompt, PowerShell, batch file, VBS script or any other tool please? I have folders containing subfolders, and in each subfolder there is a single file with extension '.ino', with the same filename as the subfolder....
  6. Mouse & Keyboard center - multiple devices.

Mouse & Keyboard center - multiple devices.: Hi, I have two devices MS Surface laptop 3 & a W10 desktop and I would like to use only one mouse and one keyboard for bought devices. In this respect, I bought a Microsoft Precision Mouse and I installed the app "Mouse and Keyboard Center" : it works fine, I can use the...
  7. 21 Device Manager entries for 1 mouse and 1 keyboard!

21 Device Manager entries for 1 mouse and 1 keyboard!: Windows 10 2004. I have 1 Logitech keyboard and 1 Logitech mouse. As per attached image, I have 21 entries in Device Manager for those 2 devices. Any help on tidying this up? I've tried disabling/uninstalling etc., but they just come back! 161833
  8. Deleting multiple entries using regedit

in Windows 10 Customization
    Deleting multiple entries using regedit: Hi, having massive problems with iTunes on my desktop. Have uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but still having problems. Have uninstalled all Apple related software, but still having issues. As a last resort, I want to delete all occurrences of iTunes in the...
  9. Multiple entries in Device Manager

Multiple entries in Device Manager: Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources). [img] Any ideas on how to fix this? Tried looking for a BIOS...
  10. Multiple entries in Application Log

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple entries in Application Log: I have literally hundreds of these, repeating every five minutes; "The description for Event ID 1903 from source HHCTRL cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or...