Windows 10: Multiple entries in Device Manager

Discus and support Multiple entries in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this. There are multiple instances in Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eLPuSHeR, May 17, 2017.

1. eLPuSHeR Win User

Multiple entries in Device Manager

Hello.

I have installed Win10 on an old Toshiba Satellite laptop (model A100-497) and I've got this.

There are multiple instances in Device Manager mostly with error 12 (not enough resources).

Multiple entries in Device Manager [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Tried looking for a BIOS update but there is none available. Disabled 2nd core and most peripherals on BIOS. Same results. *Mad*Mad*Mad

:)

eLPuSHeR, May 17, 2017

2. Windows Phone 7 via USB, no device connection on Zune

This worked for me when Zune reported " no device connected":

Plug your phone into your computer.

Please go to

Control Panel-.System->Device Manager

You will need Administrative Permissions

Delete the Windows Phone 7 Entries under portable devices.

Please only delete Phone 7 entries.

Plug your device in again.

Zune should connect.

What happens with phones is that multiple connections at times install multiple devices. After a while Windows has 10 entries for 1 device. Sotware soon refuses to recognize the device because of all the entries.

This can also help with USB Modems and Connection Manager Programs.

Voganville, May 17, 2017
  3. Multiple entries for Windows Boot Manager in UEFI BIOS

Hi,

We understand that you have no issues facing with Windows.

As we see in the screen shots you have provided, the concern is regarding BIOS and UEFI.

So, we recommend you to update the BIOS and check if it helps:

For more information and better assistance regarding BIOS setup, please contact the motherboard manufacturer or the computer manufacturer.

Let us know if you need further assistance regarding Windows. We'll be glad to assist you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, May 17, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

UPDATE:

Windows 7 works properly, but I would like to use 10.

eLPuSHeR, May 17, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you have a solid Windows 7 with no device manager errors, have you tried upgrading that to Windows 10 instead of doing a clean install of Windows 10?

And, if you have upgraded Windows 7 to Windows 10 and this is the problem, have you tried a clean install of Windows 10?

NavyLCDR, May 17, 2017
  6. eLPuSHeR Win User
    Hmm. Thanks for the suggestion NavyLCDR. I have only tried installing from scratch. Windows 7 is working 100% fine. As soon as I get the system patched up and with everything installed I will do a backup copy with Macrium Reflect and I will try upgrading it to Windows 10 to see what happens.

eLPuSHeR, May 17, 2017
  7. eLPuSHeR Win User
    UPDATE:

In the process of installing w10 from w7 the installer made the laptop hardlock at 32%. Not a good sign.

I have also noticed the laptop is running quite hot but Win7 seems to work without issues.

Any other ideas? I think this must be the case of bad mps/acpi tables bios implementation or any other obscure issue. It seems to hate w10 with a passion.

eLPuSHeR, May 17, 2017
  8. eLPuSHeR Win User

LAST UPDATE:

I give up on trying to install w10 on this laptop. At least w7 works fine.

Too bad for MS and its masterplan about everyone adopting w10... *Cool

eLPuSHeR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple entries in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Multiple entries Device

2. Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple keyboards in Device Manager.: I currently have 8 HID Keyboard Devices under the keyboards tab in Device Manager on my Gateway Laptop and recently when I press 1, it comes out as 12, press 2 comes out 12, press S comes out AS, press A comes out AS etc. Today the A and S where just being pressed without...
  3. Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Entries for Multiple Printers: I am uncertain if this is by design, and if so, I understand. I support a traveling comms team that supports a VIP user. Part of their travel procedure involves setting up a comms room at the various hotels they stay at, and as part of that they connect various printers via...
  4. Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger

Multiple entries for mouse in device mananger: Hello! So, basically, I have this problem where there are two separate mice in the device manager even though I only have 1 connected. I have made sure there are no bluetooth mice. 1 of the mice shows as the normal HID-Compliant mouse, while the other shows as Logitech...
  5. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Jeff here... I run a new PC computer with Windows 10 Pro. Under Device Manager there are many devices that have duplicate entries. The duplicates use different usb designation number ie "usb 1" "usb 2" I have read multiple "QUESTIONS" previously asked here and none of...
  6. No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager

No Bluetooth Entry in Device Manager: Greetings, I recently built a new system (MSI B450 Tomahawk, Windows 10 from MS Store). In trying to run a bluetooth headset to connect to the new system so that I can listen to podcasts and what have you over the headset, there's no Bluetooth entry in the Device Manager,...
  7. Duplicate entries in Device Manager

Duplicate entries in Device Manager: Hello, I believe this is my first time posting. I have looked up this matter, and I have read a few things. A lot of them are from 2015, or earlier. And maybe from sites that I am not sure I can trust. So, I came here to try to get the most accurate and up to date info. I...
  8. New entries in Device Manager

New entries in Device Manager: I have never seen these entries before. Previous installation didn't have them. Only thing I can think of is my NAS box although that's in the other room. [img] 58539
  9. Device Manager "other" entries

Device Manager "other" entries: After a fresh W10 1703 fully updated install on a 3148 Inspiron laptop, four OTHER DEVICES appear in Device Manager: PCI Data Aqquisition and Signal Processing Controller and three 'unknown devices.' "Drivers not installed; no compatible driver can be found." Prior to this...
  10. Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager

Keyboard and multiple devices in device manager: Hello, everyone. I noticed a problem in my keyboard recently, but i'm not sure if it's really on the keyboard, and might be in the windows or software related. The problem is that the keyboard randomly starts freezing, it's hard to explain with words, basically the keys do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bios satellite a100 497