Windows 10: Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin...

Discus and support Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is what happens when I try to open disk management (and device manager). I just had reset my computer in order to put windows on my SSD, (was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Lisa Donovan, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin...

This is what happens when I try to open disk management (and device manager).

I just had reset my computer in order to put windows on my SSD, (was a pain in the ass with the amount of BSOD's and other complications) I had just reset my computer no less than 10 mins ago to see if my problem was resolved but, unfortunately it didn't fix itself.

I don't have the screenshot but, when I tried to delete a folder that asked for admin permissions it told me I need permission from my desktop (my account is a administrator)

It seems that windows also has locked my SSD before, I reset my computer it had told me my computer has formatted my SSD into NTFS. Not sure why that was but, it messed up my computer some good.

I'm getting really aggravated since I've been working on getting my system and SSD to work for over 36 hours.

:)

Lisa Donovan, Dec 16, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

CD drive error

1) Close all open programs
    2) Click on Start, Run, and type REGEDIT and press Enter
    3) Click on the plus signs (+) next to the following folders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SYSTEM
    CurrentControlSet
    Control
    Class
    {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    4) This folder is the DVD/CD-ROM Drive Class Description in the registry. Look for any of the following names in the right hand column.

UpperFilters
    LowerFilters
    UpperFilters.bak
    LowerFilters.bak
    5) If any of the above keys shown in step 4 are listed, right-click on them and choose Delete
    6) After deleting the keys, close the Registry Editor
    7) Reboot your computer
    8) Open My Computer and check to see if your CD or DVD drives have returned. You may also want to open Device Manager and verify that the yellow exclamation and error code on the CD or DVD drive is gone.

And it likely has something to do with the emulated drive you have listed there.

newtekie1, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin... :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin... :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Dec 16, 2018
  4. Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin...

0 byte folder cannot be deleted Problem

I have a 0 byte folder and I can't delete it. I'm using win 7 64 bit.
    please help *Cry :cry:

It says access denied when trying, please login as admin blah blah msgs....

I've searched the net for hours, Trying unlocker, fileassassin, and all other 'file deleter' programs out there. tried on safe mode, tried the cmd commands, even in cmd it says access denied, tried the closing explorer.exe and doing the command. I tried changing permissions and atrributes and it says you do not have permission to view or edit this objects permission settings. I logged in as the Administrator and still no hope.

the folder originally contained all my movies but since then i moved(using the move command) all of them someplace else(on another hdd) and I thought it was gone but the folder is still there, 0 bytes. It was shared when i deleted it and still appeared on the shared folders list but inaccessible coz it was already deleted so i 'unshared' the folder from the shared folders list. and so the problem began. the folder is still there and it is undeletable

One surefire way to do it without deleting my files is copying all other files to another HDD and reformat it and copy it back again but my hdd is currently contains 1 tb out of 1.36 and i dont have any hdds with that free space to use.

ALSO I CAN'T OPEN THE FOLDER it says

Location is not available

'directory' is not accessible.
    Access is Denied.

i think its more of a windows glitch than a virus problem

help??? *Frown Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin... :(

lyndonguitar, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin...

1. Multiple error codes when I try to: Delete Folders, Open any program that needs admin... - Similar Threads - Multiple error codes

2. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  3. trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trying to delete files but need admin permission. I AM ADMIN!: I'm trying to declutter my desktop but when I try yo delete some old PDFs, I get a message that I need <machinename> administrator permission. I AM administrator on my machine!, but I can't delete anything. I have tried creating another user with administrator permissions and...
  4. Getting a "The device is not ready" error when opening any program that requires admin...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting a "The device is not ready" error when opening any program that requires admin...: Firstly I would like to say, please don't tell me to "upgrade to Windows 10" or that "support for Windows 8.1 is ending", I'm very well aware of that and would upgrade if I could but my laptop doesn't have the specs for it.Now onto my issue, this all started about 2 weeks...
  5. Getting a "The device is not ready" error when opening any program that requires admin...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting a "The device is not ready" error when opening any program that requires admin...: Firstly I would like to say, please don't tell me to "upgrade to Windows 10" or that "support for Windows 8.1 is ending", I'm very well aware of that and would upgrade if I could but my laptop doesn't have the specs for it.Now onto my issue, this all started about 2 weeks...
  6. Error when trying to rename catroot2 folder: "open in another program"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to rename catroot2 folder: "open in another program": When trying to rename catroot2, you get an error message that the folder is open in another program.I have actually solved this, but every time people ask this they get bad advice and the thread is locked. The problem is that Microsoft's official advice here is incorrect....
  7. Error when trying to rename catroot2 folder: "open in another program"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to rename catroot2 folder: "open in another program": When trying to rename catroot2, you get an error message that the folder is open in another program.I have actually solved this, but every time people ask this they get bad advice and the thread is locked. The problem is that Microsoft's official advice here is incorrect....
  8. Error when trying to rename catroot2 folder: "open in another program"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted folder keeps reappearing when I open a program: I downloaded a zip-file earlier this week and extracted the contents into a folder (I'll just call this Folder A). I used the .exe program in it and I deleted the program after I was done using it. This morning I needed to use program so I re-downloaded the same program from...
  10. No longer admin and error when I try to delete a certain program

in Windows 10 Support
    No longer admin and error when I try to delete a certain program: I tried to delete something. I can't remember what it was but the computer wouldn't let me. I don't know how to check if I have admoin control but I have only one account on my system. When I try to delete finally fantasy xiv I get this error message Runtime Error!...