Windows 10: MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office

Discus and support MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So for the past 2 months I have had to deal with trying to find workarounds and fixes for my array of issues. As of around January/February, this was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ChrisH93, May 22, 2020.

1. ChrisH93 Win User

MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office

So for the past 2 months I have had to deal with trying to find workarounds and fixes for my array of issues.

As of around January/February, this was a brand new PC with a brand new SSD and fresh Windows 10 Home OS, which also came with Microsoft 365. But not long after and without any clear reason that I can tell, I started getting issues.

Firstly, it began when Cumulative Updates kept failing with the error code 0x80073712. This seems to happen on and off, where updates either seem to update themselves while in the background once if given up troubleshooting them, or they skip the next release version of said update, thus never updating at all. I'm totally unsure. Yesterday I had 3 updates all producing the same error code, which tells me the entire issue is preventing any Windows Update entirely as opposed to just one in particular.

Soon after, while working on my university assignments, I started receiving crashes specifically in Word at random, becoming more common to the point that I could get a guaranteed crash after 2 minutes of opening any Office application. In order to fix this issue, I thought it best to uninstall and reinstall Office. However in doing so, it never progresses past around the 80% point in the installation bar. It will stay there for up to 15 minutes before saying the installation went wrong with no telling clue.

Following a failed Office install, the Activate Windows watermark appears, leaving me with the need to reactivate Windows for no apparent reason. However, when I try to activate it via 'Change Product Key' with the key that came with the OS I have thus valid, it takes a long time trying to activate Windows, before it finally gives up with the error code 0xc0020036. I even purchased another OS key in the hopes that maybe it was an issue with my current version, but that produces the same error.

All efforts to fix the issue have proven useless, including:

• Cleaning/Registry Fixing/Etc. with Glary Utilities, Advance SystemCare and it's separate tools, CCleaner.
    • Resetting my PC
    • Wiping the SSD entirely and reinstalling Windows
    • Various manual tutorials that I can't remember to list here.

Nothing appears to work, but clearly my issues all tie-in to something deeper which is effecting the entire system even AFTER a clean slate on my PC.

Any additional help or know-how would be greatly appreciated.

:)

ChrisH93, May 22, 2020

2. Microsoft Confirms Windows, Office 6-Month Update Cycle

Microsoft has been steadily increasing stability, features and, the company hopes, attractiveness of its latest Windows 10 operating system. Recently, its Creator's Update has brought, among other features, a performance-boosting Game Mode, a 3D version of the popular and (respectably ancient) Paint app, as well as increased privacy control, something users clamored for. Now, the Redmond company has confirmed that it's looking towards a six month update cycle for Windows 10 (thus aligning it with Office 365 ProPlus), looking to streamline and increase predictability of its support.

Microsoft released the Windows 10 Anniversary Update in August 2016, and the Creators Update made its public debut on April 11 2017, which is already close to the six-month update cycle the company is now confirming (seven months, in this case.) Now the company has confirmed that it plans to release its next step on the Windows 10 operating system on September 2017. From then on, updates should arrive in a steady cadence, on every subsequent March and September. Each Windows 10 feature release will be serviced and supported for 18 months, as is currently the case, and the company has also added that its System Center Configuration Manager will support this new aligned update model for Office 365 ProPlus and Windows 10, "making both easier to deploy and keep up to date."

MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office 9e115beeb143_thm.jpg

MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office 8565e55b8bba_thm.jpg

Source: Blogs.Windows.com, Tom's Hardware

Raevenlord, May 22, 2020
  3. linhlz Win User
    Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, May 22, 2020
  4. MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, May 22, 2020
Thema:

MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office

1. MULTIPLE Errors with Windows 10, Updating, Activation and Microsoft Office - Similar Threads - MULTIPLE Errors Updating

2. How to fix Windows and office activation with windows multiple errors and viruses

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to fix Windows and office activation with windows multiple errors and viruses: Good morning. please i downloaded system file for windows10 on Microsoft official page and i installled it on my PCafter that, i followed a tutorial to activate Windows with KMS Server using some CMD commands and it worked. i followed the tutorial for both Windows and Office,...
  3. How to fix Windows and office activation with windows multiple errors and viruses

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows and office activation with windows multiple errors and viruses: Good morning. please i downloaded system file for windows10 on Microsoft official page and i installled it on my PCafter that, i followed a tutorial to activate Windows with KMS Server using some CMD commands and it worked. i followed the tutorial for both Windows and Office,...
  4. How to fix Windows and office activation with windows multiple errors and viruses

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Activation errors both windows 11 and microsoft office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation errors both windows 11 and microsoft office: Hi,I recently had to reset my laptop in order to fix a networking error. I bought my laptop with windows 10 and did the free upgrade when that was available, so it is an official Windows, and I have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365.After I finished the reset, I keep...
  6. Activation errors both windows 11 and microsoft office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation errors both windows 11 and microsoft office: Hi,I recently had to reset my laptop in order to fix a networking error. I bought my laptop with windows 10 and did the free upgrade when that was available, so it is an official Windows, and I have a subscription to Microsoft Office 365.After I finished the reset, I keep...
  7. Microsoft Office Activation

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Office Activation: I recently purchased a copy of Microsoft office. However after I installed it, I checked my order history and saw two different order numbers. One said I was charged zero dollars and it was redeemed with code. The other was the one I paid for and said show product key and...
  8. Windows Activation and office 2016 error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Activation and office 2016 error: Hey, I did an update for my windows 10 and now I am being asked to activate it with a product key or digital license. Also, when I try to download office 365, it is loading and then blocks showing an error. I tried to solve the problems in many ways but it appears nothing...
  9. MICROSOFT OFFICE ACTIVATION

MICROSOFT OFFICE ACTIVATION: Hello everyone I bought new HP laptop and whenever I open Ms word document it asks for activation. I have my college outlook account to use Ms office but that is not working to activate office. please help me to solve this issue. Thanks...
  10. Activate Microsoft Office

Activate Microsoft Office: I deleted MS Office by mistake, have reloaded but cannot "Activate" MS WIndows Professional https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-microsoft-office/a3db8e57-fa8a-465e-a520-0e17d86faccc"