Windows 10: multiple excel windows in taskbar

Discus and support multiple excel windows in taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On startup, there are about 8 blank excel workbooks open in the taskbar. They must be closed individually to use excel.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanBrown2, Oct 18, 2019.

1. DanBrown2 Win User

multiple excel windows in taskbar

On startup, there are about 8 blank excel workbooks open in the taskbar. They must be closed individually to use excel.

:)

DanBrown2, Oct 18, 2019

2. Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 18, 2019
  3. HansV MVP Win User
    Can't open file excel 2010 in multiple windows

In Excel 2010, all workbooks open within a single application window. Click Arrange All in the Window group of the View tab of the ribbon for options to arrange the workbook windows.

If you want to open workbooks in separate application windows, you will have to start multiple instances of Excel:

• Start Excel and open a workbook.
    • Right-click the Excel icon in the Windows taskbar and select Microsoft Excel 2010 from the context menu.
    • A new instance of Excel will start in a separate window. Open a workbook in this instance.
    Warning: when copying and pasting between instances of Excel , you lose some features that are available when copying and pasting between workbooks in the same instance of Excel.

HansV MVP, Oct 18, 2019
  4. multiple excel windows in taskbar

Option to pin to taskbar is missing for Excel in Windows 10

Hello Kent,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Usually when you're working on any Excel file, you can see an instance of Excel Icon will be located on taskbar. Simply right-click and selecting
    Pin to taskbar will do this. Let me elaborate this in steps.

* Open new Excel sheet or any Excel file which you're working. (I.e. to open new Excel sheet, press
    Start, type Excel and select same from the list)

* Go to Taskbar and then right-click on opened Excel file located on taskbar.

* Now select Pin to taskbar.

Another way is, go to Start /> All apps, then navigate alphabetically till you find
    Excel. Then right-click on, point to More and select Pin to taskbar.

Done, this will Pin Excel sheet to Taskbar. You can follow the same steps for pinning any application to taskbar.

Keep us posted the outcome.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Oct 18, 2019
Thema:

multiple excel windows in taskbar

1. multiple excel windows in taskbar - Similar Threads - multiple excel taskbar

2. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  3. Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pinning Excel Spreadsheet to the taskbar: This is the second time that an update has occurred and I have lost my ability to show spreadsheets on my Excel taskbar. I cannot drag from File explorer and my Display is setup correct. Can you please tell me how I can get this feature back....
  4. How to excel file to excel on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to excel file to excel on taskbar?: Hi yall,how to I add a file to Excel on the taskbar?See attached for reference.Note that it is not regarding adding a file to the taskbar.Thanks,Carl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-excel-file-to-excel-on-taskbar/a8d3df39-e783-4cd9-8424-d8bb754062e8
  5. How to excel file to excel on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to excel file to excel on taskbar?: Hi yall,how to I add a file to Excel on the taskbar?See attached for reference.Note that it is not regarding adding a file to the taskbar.Thanks,Carl https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-excel-file-to-excel-on-taskbar/a8d3df39-e783-4cd9-8424-d8bb754062e8
  6. Excel file sticks to Taskbar

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Excel file sticks to Taskbar: I pinned one Excel file to the taskbar. Despite I click on "Unpin from this list" icon, it keeps sticking to the taskbar. I pinned another Excel file to the taskbar and unpinned it easily. Thus, this is the only Excel file affected. Help me to unpin it...
  7. Multiple taskbars

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple taskbars: Hi all! Hope you are all doing alright considering the crisis we have on our hands. Short question: Is there any way to have my windows 10 taskbar running accross two extended displays but not appearing on a third. If anyone has any suggestions for software that can do...
  8. Excel window covers the Windows taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel window covers the Windows taskbar: Greetings, I normally use my Excel windows not maximized and I drag and drop my Excel windows around, especially moving the Excel window down behind my Windows taskbar. In general use, when I drag my Excel window down, it moves behind the taskbar. So far so good. On...
  9. Pin Excel to start and or taskbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Pin Excel to start and or taskbar: Cannot Pin Excel to start menu or task bar. Office shows on start menu but have to open it first then Excel. Excel does not show on list of programs. It opens fine when I go to office THEN to excel but would be more convenient to go directly to Excel since I use it often 100276
  10. Excel's Avatar and pin to taskbar

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel's Avatar and pin to taskbar: I've had Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 3 for a little over a year. In the last 24 hours, I can no longer pin excel to the taskbar and the avatar that shows on the task bar when I open it from the app list is solid gray, i.e., not the little "e" on a green background as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. excel 2016 multiple windows on taskbar

2. how to display multiple excel workbooks on task bar in office 2019

3. excel taskbar EXPAND GROUP 2019

4. IN WINDOWS 10 HOW CAN YOU SHOW MULTIPLE EXCEL SHEETS IN TASKBAR