Windows 10: Multiple Failed Windows Updates

Discus and support Multiple Failed Windows Updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, My Windows repeatedly fails to update and I have the same error code for each attempt. I get the error "Cumulative Update for Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jaynexus77, May 26, 2016.

1. Multiple Failed Windows Updates

Hello,

My Windows repeatedly fails to update and I have the same error code for each attempt. I get the error "Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3147458) - Error 0x80073712

I have looked up some solutions for this and I have issues with completing steps on some of the guides.

I'm kinda noob tier at this but I'm hoping I can get help here and fix this myself.

:)

Jaynexus77, May 26, 2016

2. Multiple Failed Updates

Hi,

Would like to look at Rollback logs.

Share Setuperr.log and Setupact.log named from

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Rollback\

or

C:\$Windows.~BT\Sources\Panther

You can open the folder by typing in Run or showing hidden files and viewing through explorer.

You can use any file sharing website to send the files to me.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 26, 2016
  3. Multiple Failed Updates

You have one of a few options to consider here:

Option 1:

Backup and perform a clean install - you have exhausted everything thats reasonably possible. Sometimes, your system has some unknown underlying issue that creates a blocker for upgrades. Save yourself: time, frustration and just perform a clean install.

Yes, its a chore, but this man made stuff and it ain't perfect and it will never be.

Its better for you to have your data and go through the annoying convenience of reinstalling apps and drivers.

Backup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 1: How to download official Windows 10 ISO files

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Step 2: How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki...

Option 2: Don't both with the upgrade.

My recommendation to users going forward is not to pounce on every new Windows 10 Feature Update that is released. If your system has been working just fine with the current version, wait it out a while or skip it all together. If there is some specific feature
    in the update you want, then thats an exception, but these feature updates are becoming more difficult to install on older devices; and it sometimes makes you wonder if the inconvenience is worth the hassle just to keep doing the same thing.

If you look at whats considered the flagship features of Windows 10 1709, they are aimed at newer generation devices like the new Surface Book 2. Otherwise welcome features like Story Remix, which you have to upgrade to 1709 to get, could be supplanted with
    third party alternatives.

How to block it:

https://www.groovypost.com/howto/block-windows-...

Option 3: upgrade to another release such as Windows 10 1703

Step 1: download Windows 10 1703 from the following link:

https://tb.rg-adguard.net/index.php?sid=74a7cf5...

Step 2: create a bootable copy

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wik...

Andre Da Costa, May 26, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Multiple Failed Windows Updates

Hi you can follow the steps as for Win 8 in the 2nd link below (found by a quick search on your error code), and I would precede them with this:
    From an admin command prompt
    [Windows key + X, click command prompt (admin)]
    chkdsk C: /F
    Your PC will need to restart.
    Make sure the result is clear or fixed.
    Post back the result, which will be on the screen briefly.
    Otherwise you can get the result as follows:
    How do I see the results of a CHKDSK that ran on boot? - Ask Leo!

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/957310

These are absolutely standard repairs, posted many many times.

dalchina, May 26, 2016
Thema:

Multiple Failed Windows Updates

1. Multiple Failed Windows Updates - Similar Threads - Multiple Failed Updates

2. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  3. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.: Hello,Upon latest Windows 10 update being cut short due a power cut, I have been having all sorts of issues with installing/uninstalling I believe being the root issue.-Restarting either takes a long time hours or is 'stuck'. Shutdown fine.-Clicking to access Settings option...
  4. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Failed Update causing multiple issues.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Windows Update fails multiple times

Windows Update fails multiple times: I have attempted to install updates several times.Update 2021-05 W10V1909x64 based system KB4023057Consistently stops updating at 61%HOW CAN I CORRECT THIS TO GET A PROPERLY UPDATED SYSTEM...
  7. Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times

Update Failed 0x800707e7 Multiple times: Hi,For the past few months I've been trying to update Windows. I have two user profiles in my computer- Administrator which I don't use much and the other PC10 my main user with my data. It installs the update and shows the message to restart the computer to apply the...
  8. Multiple Failed Windows Updates after v1809

Multiple Failed Windows Updates after v1809: I've had issues updating Windows after the v1809 update. Both 1903 and 1909 have both failed to install. Looking for some possible solutions.[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows 1809 update multiple fails

Windows 1809 update multiple fails: I am hoping to get some help/insight to the issue I am having updating to version 1809. Three of my 4 PCs all updated W/out issue via windows update. This one (Dell Inspiron 5748). Failed multiple times when trying to install via windows update. The software downloads...
  10. updates to pc failed multiple times

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    updates to pc failed multiple times: i think its because i chose to have notifications off...? but anyways, i see recent updates list show multiple updates for various programs that failed to update. an hour ago, i tried running "windows10upgrade.exe" and it too failed. i see there are updates that look like...