Windows 10: Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update

Discus and support Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been offered and tried to install the recent May and 20H2 updates multiple times. It downloads and begins the install process but always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kfscotde, Oct 25, 2020.

1. kfscotde Win User

Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update

Hi,

I have been offered and tried to install the recent May and 20H2 updates multiple times. It downloads and begins the install process but always fails on a reboot at 48%. The error code I get is 0xc1900101-0x30018 sysprep.specialize

I think it is a driver problem but it is not clear what driver. I have updated all drivers and checked their signatures. I have run chdisk and sfc/ scannow. I have reset windows update and cleared out old files. I have tried installing from a USB. Nothing works.

Any idea as to how I can find the problem driver?

:)

kfscotde, Oct 25, 2020

2. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Oct 25, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update

Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update

1. Multiple failures to install Windows 10 2004 May update - Similar Threads - Multiple failures install

2. may update windows 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    may update windows 2004: hi I am not able to up date my windows from 1909 to 2004 [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/may-update-windows-2004/893656c9-9ac4-4e24-838e-089f98090e35
  3. Windows 10 2004 update failure.

Windows 10 2004 update failure.: Can't update to windows 10 2004. Always get error code Oxc0000005. I've tried all the suggestions on help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-update-failure/13074595-b961-4618-9896-96a5667beeac
  4. Repeated failure to install 2004 update

Repeated failure to install 2004 update: Windows has tried to install the 2004 update 19 times and has failed each time. It installs, but on the reboot it gets to 28% and crashes. Factors: typical error code 0xc1900101 driver error_ but Device Manager shows no driver problems. My graphics driver and chip driver...
  5. MAY UPDATE 2004

MAY UPDATE 2004: - JUST DOWNLOADED AUTOMATICALLY ON OTHER LAPTOP NOW IT WANTS A BITBLOCKER NUMER- WHAT IS THIS AND IS THIS UPDATE REAL- I CANNOT EVEN REINSTALL WINDOWS- DELETE CURRENTS UPDATE. - IT SAYS I HAVE NO ACCESS UNLESS I ENTER NUMBER- IT ON THE PAGE HAS A RECOVERY ID- THAT DOES...
  6. Windows 10 May 2004 Update issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 May 2004 Update issue: After Windows 10 May 2014 Update installed: after power on, it gets freeze; I have to force shootdown and then re-start my PC in order to get booting. How can I fix it? Thank you in advance...!...
  7. Windows 10 May update 2004

Windows 10 May update 2004: Can the microsoft team confirm whether they have resolved the bugs for the new update. I'm planning to install the update but not sure whether it will affect my PC....
  8. Windows 10 2004 May 2020 update

Windows 10 2004 May 2020 update: Hi all I upgraded my PCs to widnows 10 2004 release on the day it becane avaialbe on 28th May. I’ve noticed since then that there are no new updates in Windows update when I check. I thought after 5 days there would at least be a security update or some other kind of...
  9. Windows 10 May 2004 update.

Windows 10 May 2004 update.: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80040154....
  10. Multiple Failures for Windows 10 Updates

Multiple Failures for Windows 10 Updates: I get multiple failure messages for different updates. Some are rated critical security updates/patches and others are cumulative. I have read this forum and followed troubleshooting steps both on here and on various websites. The results are the same: "some updates have...