Windows 10: Multiple files with same name

Discus and support Multiple files with same name in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Frank1, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Frank1 Win User

Multiple files with same name

Here's one that is a total mystery to me: The last couple of days I have been working on a file made with MS Word. It was a letter that I have been working of for a couple of days. I edited and changed the file several times and put it in two different folders. I wasn't sure which folder one of them was so I did a search with an app I've had for years called My Power Desk and it does a great job of searching. So in the search box I typed the name of the files. I couldn't count the number of places that it found the file but I'm sure there were hundreds of them. And in the path of many was "temporary internet files". So I than ran CCleaner. After it finished cleaning, there were only 6 instances of the file. This is a total mystery to me. First why so many in Temporary Internet files and why so darn many of them in so many places.

:)

Frank1, Jul 18, 2015

2. Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.

Why is this happening. It starts off wiuth me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folers on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance each have a folder named pictures. But each one has a different amount in them so
    I try to make them all have everything instead of parts in each. Then this happens.

Then I try it with my music and albums folders and boom. here we are again.

there needs to be some added info on the folders that are just images of the main one on the drive.. like pictures(image of drive c:\pictures) or something similar or this is going to agrivate a billion people. I kept deleting on folder and it would keep
    reappearing and filling up with files.. after a few min I had more stuff in my recycle bin than you could even imagine. took forever to empty it.

Why is this happening and how do we stop it.. I don't even really like the idea my my files being in multiple areas on my computer. 1 is enough! I cant imagine a computer even wanting to work like this and its probably why its freaking out. You guys making
    this are giving our computer aneurisms and strokes. Can we please take this back to windows 7 file explorer and not this scrambled mess only a hoarder would love?

Multiple files with same name [​IMG]

Dockavorkian, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.

Hi,

We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub. You can either vote on an existing submission or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item we gather additional details and information about your issue that will help determine what’s
    causing it and address it. Feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app so you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

For more information on Feedback Hub, see our
    support article
    and
    YouTube video

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• On a Windows 10 device, search for “Feedback Hub” in Cortana search, then launch the app.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or
      Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you’re done.
    • Once you’ve completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback at the top, then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
    • Open the item you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link here in your response (it will look like URL Manager<unique link>).

Regards.

Dennis Mop, Jul 18, 2015
Thema:

Multiple files with same name

1. Multiple files with same name - Similar Threads - Multiple files same

2. Keep files with the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep files with the same name: I regularly have documents with the same name that I need to transfer to a folder and I want to select the option to not skip any files with the same name and just have them automatically renamed, rather than having to choose to keep both files each time....
  3. Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.: Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.Why is this happening. It starts off with me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folders on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance, each have a folder named pictures. But...
  4. Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple folders and files with the same names Windows 11.: Multiple folders and files with same name suddenly appearing.Why is this happening. It starts off with me trying to consolidate my files and having them all have the same stuff in the folders on C: F: and USB J: drives. For instance, each have a folder named pictures. But...
  5. Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Folders with the same name in one folder: Hey i found this weird glitch. there are multiple folders with the same name in one folder and they cannot be deleted. i posted a pic of it below. I have other ones in that exact folder too which are multiplied. i kinda wanna delete one of those but it wont let me. submitted...
  6. 2 Files with the same name.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 Files with the same name.: [ATTACH]So I am trying to replace some textures for an aircraft and I was able to replace the first file but the 2nd one I needed to replace has the exact same name as the first one. And when I try to paste the replacement for the 2nd file, it overwrites the first one....
  7. Rename multiple files to same name + number

in Windows 10 Support
    Rename multiple files to same name + number: Hello, I have a folder with a lot of files of the same type. I want to rename them all to something like name1, name2, name3, and order by date (so that name1 is the oldest) Is there a way to do it? *I don't want to use the select all and then rename option because it...
  8. Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth with multiple devices of the same name.: I'm trying to connect 2 ps4 controllers to my PC over Bluetooth. If I connect one it no longer detects the other. I think it might be because they are both named "Wireless Controller" How do I fix this? submitted by /u/bobbisrex99 [link] [comments]...
  9. Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.

Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name.: How Do I Re-Name Multiple Folders To Same Name? I Have about 2,000 folders all different names, want to put all their contents into a Single Folder. So if I rename all the folders to the same name, that should do it....
  10. Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete

Multiple folders of same name and same files inside in my d: and can not delete: Hi, I just bought Microsoft Surface pro 6 and wanted to do some partition. I was changing location of a few files and at the end of it, I see there are 4 music folders created in my d: and I can not delete, rename and combine them in one. I am not a very technical person. I...