Windows 10: Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC

Discus and support Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to connect more than one fingerprint sensors on the PC, to use with Windows Hello but this is usually buggy - and in the end both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oQ21cSOv, Jul 6, 2021.

1. oQ21cSOv Win User

Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC

Hello, I am trying to connect more than one fingerprint sensors on the PC, to use with Windows Hello but this is usually buggy - and in the end both stop working until I remove one. Is this a known issue (Search but found nothing) or is there a limit on how many fingerprint sensors you can connect to a PC?

:)

oQ21cSOv, Jul 6, 2021
  2. S-and-S Win User

fingerprint sensor

You can use the fingerprint sensor with any program that supports it. For now, as far as I am aware, the fingerprint sensor on a Windows PC is only usable for signing in. I'll be happy to be corrected.

Let's hope that changes. I can use the fingerprint sensor on my Android phone to sign in to several apps.

S-and-S, Jul 6, 2021
  3. How to enable fingerprint sensor while in domain and linux active directory

In my office we have a Linux based server (nethserver) which handles stuff like samba share, DHCP, and newly added: active directory (for our Windows clients) etc.

Now because of the lack of security I decided to use the server as AD controller to enable domain user login on the Windows clients.

So now I really want to use a fingerprint sensor for the colleges to login but it is greyed out in the account settings.

So what is working:

• Active Directory on Server
    • adding windows PC to domain
    • login as a domain user on windows mashine

What I need to work:

• fingerprint sensor login (windows hello maybe?)
    • I think PIN login is required for fingerprint login (?)

What I have already tried:

• in GPO allowed fingerprint sensor login (computer config AND user config (just to be sure) and Windows Hello, PIN login.

I think I read somewehere that I HAVE TO use a Windows Server domain to enable Windows Hello for Business and so the PIN login or Fingerprint sensor.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround to enable fingerprint reader for Windows clients in a domain?

Sethologik, Jul 6, 2021
  4. derryip Win User

fingerprint sensor

good day,

hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?

derryip, Jul 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC - Similar Threads - Multiple Fingerprint Sensors

2. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  3. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Sensor: Hi I am using Huawei Matebook D15 2022 on a Windows 10 OS. My fingerprint sensor stopped working and i cant find biometrics in the device manager. What should I do or is there I site where I can download a driver for it? Thanks....
  4. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Fingerprint Sensors on PC: Hello, I am trying to connect more than one fingerprint sensors on the PC, to use with Windows Hello but this is usually buggy - and in the end both stop working until I remove one. Is this a known issue (Search but found nothing) or is there a limit on how many fingerprint...
  6. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: Where can I find the fingerprint sensor on an HP Envy 17 laptop? I'd like to set up Windows Hello, but I can't find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/02571187-82c2-41dc-ab66-e84bcf574afe
  7. Fingerprint sensor

Fingerprint sensor: This message always appers on the lock screen after the driver updated, even though I clean the fingerprint sensor it display message again if the computer is locked. What can i do to fixed this problem? [ATTACH]...
  8. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: Hey, I recently purchased a Lenovo ideapad c340. On starting the computer, the fingerprint scanner option was not available and sign in options displays scanner as being unavailable in this device. The scanner was working perfectly fine before this. I tried the command...
  9. Fingerprint Sensor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fingerprint Sensor: Where is the fingerprint sensor on a Lenovo Yoga 520 laptop please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-sensor/204bf66a-08c5-4225-b428-d9f1dc2c914c
  10. fingerprint sensor

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    fingerprint sensor: good day, hello i want to ask, most of new laptop now has fingerprint sensor but it only function to login using windows hello. can i use the fingerprint sensor to something more like to keep password or to lock folder ? if it can how to use it?...