Windows 10: multiple firewalls

Discus and support multiple firewalls in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have zone alarm extreme security 15.8 on a windows 10 laptop. Should I enable windows firewall as well?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DougMilsom, Aug 12, 2020.

1. multiple firewalls

I have zone alarm extreme security 15.8 on a windows 10 laptop. Should I enable windows firewall as well?

:)

DougMilsom, Aug 12, 2020

2. Good Antivirus + Firewall

I would never put anything Norton on my computer.

Nod32 is arguably the best antivirus. AVG is likely not as good, but it's free and at least pretty good.

Firewalls, I'd put Comodo and whatever "Tiny Personal Firewall" is named nowadays on your short list. I think Kerio might have sold it now and it's named something else. Otherwise, just put Comodo on your short list. I think the current version's ease of use has taken a step backwards, seems a bit counter-intuitive when trying to do certain things with it, but overall it does a good job and the price is right.

Deusxmachina, Aug 12, 2020
  3. Best free AV and firewall

Can Windows Firewall block outgoing connections yet? If not, it's one step above useless.

Look into Online Armor for a free firewall.

Deusxmachina, Aug 12, 2020
  4. multiple firewalls

firewall

Hi Jackie,

For you to be able to get to your firewall, please follow the steps below:

• Go to start Button.
    • Open Windows defender Security Center.
    • Then go to Firewall & network protection.
    • Then choose a network profile.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

multiple firewalls

1. multiple firewalls - Similar Threads - multiple firewalls

2. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  3. Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent switching between multiple virtual desktops when opening a file associated with an...: The multiple virtual desktop feature is, in theory, a great idea but I run into a consistent issue with it. Lets say I have Excel open on "Desktop 1". I then create a new desktop, "Desktop 2". If I double click on an Excel file while using Desktop 2, Windows switches me back...
  4. Multiple BSOD Problems

Multiple BSOD Problems: Hi,I'm currently facing multiple BSODs from my computer. It got worst when I unplug the charger and work with just battery. Currently, these are the errors I noted down:PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREAIRQL_DRIVER_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALCRITICAL_PROCESS_DIEDATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLYThe...
  5. how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once

how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once: Having to entering each ip address one by one is ridiculous. There's go to be a better way! how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once, not one by one?...
  6. how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once: Having to entering each ip address one by one is ridiculous. There's go to be a better way! how do i add multiple ip addresses to be blocked into windows 11 firewall all at once, not one by one?...
  7. windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows firewall and multiple other firewalls are turned off.: So the message says but it's not true. Windows Defender Firewall is indeed off and that's because it interferes with MediaMonkey. However ZoneAlarm is on so why would Windows think this? This others me....
  8. Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall: Windows 10 has multiple duplicates of network in VIPRE firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-has-multiple-duplicates-of-network-in/3cceeca1-a0ed-459f-97bf-6d3ab7c96d1e
  9. Why are there multiple entries of a program in my Windows Firewall Inbound Rules?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are there multiple entries of a program in my Windows Firewall Inbound Rules?: [ATTACH] Hello, I was attempting to figure out why my Windows Defender - AntiMalware Service Executable has been using more ram than normal which led me into my Windows Firewall settings. I noticed for my Inbound Rules, there are several entries for a specific process...
  10. How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to block multiple EXE files Windows Firewall: Hello! I want to block a certain application from any access to the internet, either inbound or outbound, so it will never attempt to upgrade. I went in the Advanced Settings in Windows Firewall but I can only block one-by-one the executable files (EXE) and this...