Windows 10: Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

Discus and support Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rc_chandler, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

I just updated to Windows 10 PRO Build 18363.592 Version 1909. When I try to copy 4 or 5 folders from one location to the other, nothing happens. I have to copy one folder at the time. This is very annoying. Is there any fix for this?

Thanks

:)

rc_chandler, Jan 22, 2020
  2. Meawbin Win User

Can't copy and paste multiple folders

Hey all. I'm having problems copying multiple folders from an external disk to my laptop (running WIndows 10). The folders contain mp3 files, they're not especially large in size or anything. I've tried the usual dragging and dropping, using right click
    to copy and paste, etc. Nothing happens. I CAN, however, copy multiple files. Just not multiple folders. I've never had this problem on my old pc (running Windows 7) so I'm just baffled. Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Meawbin, Jan 22, 2020
  3. Meawbin Win User
    Can't copy and paste multiple folders

Hi Charlie,

Says here it's Windows version 1709. It doesn't seem like I have any updates pending. I'm using a brand new laptop as well (only 4 days old).

I was trying to copy folders from my flashdisk to drive D:. I can copy one folder containing multiple files just fine. BUT, copying one folder containing multiple subfolders is a no go. Also, I can copy paste multiple folders from drive D: to the flashdisk
    just fine. But the opposite (flashdisk to drive D) doesn't work.

Meawbin, Jan 22, 2020
  4. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

MULTIPLE COPY & PASTE

Hello Microsoft,

I just have a suggestion that I think will be very helpful to users of windows os.

I feel that there should be a feature in windows called multiple copy - paste. The idea here is that a person should be able to copy multiple things at a time form different apps and also to be able to paste one or two or all the copied things as per his/her
    need.

FOR EXAMPLE:

I have different data on excel and Word. Now, If could copy some data from excel and some from word, and then I go to mail and first i paste excel data and after that in a different mail i could also paste the word file data without again going to word file
    and copying it, this will be very time saving and useful feature.

Smit Nathwani, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting.

1. Multiple Folders not copying and Pasting. - Similar Threads - Multiple Folders copying

2. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  3. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy and paste option in folders: Hi,With some folders there's the 3 options for conflics with copy/paste: - replace- keep the version- Create a copyBut sometime, there's only the first 2. How can I change add the "create a copy" option? Thanks!...
  4. Copy and paste option in folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Copy and Paste lost in Pictures Folder

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Copy and Paste lost in Pictures Folder: The copy and paste function recently disappeared from my pictures folder. The function is grayed out when I open the pictures folder to paste copied photos. I have always been able to copy from Word documents, Power Point screens, emails, Internet, etc. The functionality was...
  6. Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot copy and paste in pictures folder: I have an HP Pavillion DV7. Great computer. I have been able to copy and paste to Picture Folder since 2012. In the past I have copied from Word Documents, Power Point, the Internet and email account and successfully pasted in Pictures. After a recent update my computer has...
  7. Multiple copy paste line issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple copy paste line issue: Whenever I copy text with a new line character or multiple lines at a time, windows will paste multiple blanks lines. I've seen it past over 2000 lines, but most of the time it's a little less than 20 lines. The only way I know how to fix this is to restart the computer, but...
  8. Copy multiple folders content to another folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Copy multiple folders content to another folder: I need to copy the content of aprox 500 folders to another folder (I want to have all in the same folder). Is there any way to do it with a program or commands? I dont want to do it manually because it would take a lot of time. Thank you! submitted by /u/Armenthius [link]...
  9. Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Failure to copy/paste Folders &/or sub folders?: Anyone here have experience with copying directory/Folders/sub-folders wherein some data Is missing, without generating a stop or fail message? I see numbers of threads on the web about such issues but no comprehensive diligence on causes and tools/utilities submitted by...
  10. Multiple copy and paste

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple copy and paste: When I installed the Oct update the windows-v keys opened the multiple paste window. Due to a program crash I had to do a restart. Now windows-v does nothing. Everything else seem to work fine. What could be the problem? The option is turned on in the copy settings. I also...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. copy and paste windows 10 subfolders missing