Windows 10: Multiple Fullscreen applications

Discus and support Multiple Fullscreen applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup. Not that I was planning on buying it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LGXerxes, Oct 6, 2020.

1. LGXerxes Win User

Multiple Fullscreen applications

Hello,

I've been using multiple monitors for a long time now, and lately have been thinking about my new setup.

Not that I was planning on buying it but the LGCX 48inch tv seemed like the dream desktop monitor.
    There is one caveat, as a gamer I would like to play my games in FullscreenExlusive . But as I have discovered today it is impossible to fool windows into thinking that one big display is made up of smaller individual displays.
    It is possible to create virtual displays, however FSE overides these programs.

I don't know if this is even possible, and after looking into it for a bit it seems that monitors need to support a fancy PBP mode to have this enabled.

As my ideal split on that 48inch "tv" would be an "H" split. Two vertical tall screens and two wide screens on the bottom and top.

If someone does know of a way to do you are more than welcome to explain it to me, as after hours of looking online there doesn't seem to be a possibility.

TLDR; splitting screen into actual different screens for fullscreen applications seems to be impossible

:)

LGXerxes, Oct 6, 2020

2. Automatically moving a fullscreen window onto a new desktop

Hi Joel,

In Windows 10, there is an option to open an app in a fullscreen view. This way, it will be possible for you to make the fullscreen window move to a new desktop. Follow these steps to do so.

• Right click on the application.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on the Shortcut tab.
    • Beside the Run option, click on the drop-down menu and then choose Maximized.
    • Click on Apply button and then click OK.

If further assistance is needed, we are here to help.

Darleen Pen, Oct 6, 2020
  3. BSOD in fullscreen.

Hello.

So recently I have been having a problem with my laptop.

Whenever I put an application in fullscreen mode, it gives me a bluescreen.

List of applications that do this:

• Minecraft Windows 10 Edition
    • Terraria
    • Steam (Big Picture mode)
    • Dolphin (Emulator)
    • Probably a couple of others that I missed.

Not all applications do this though. Google Chrome and VMware Workstation, for instance, can run just fine in fullscreen.

I have updated my Video drivers and ran the Windows 10 Setup (from the ISO) and "reinstalled" Windows.

For anyone wondering:

Stopcode: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

What failed: ddkmd.sys

If anyone knows what causes this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

theikegeraads, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Multiple Fullscreen applications

Fullscreen mode problem

I did a clean boot and I was able to run it in fullscreen. At first it was minimizing the game at fullscreen and I had to click on the icon to bring it back on screen. After a few clicks the game seemed to run in fullscreen without any problems.

The problem is caused by NahimicService.exe which has something to do with audio drivers of Sonic Studio, applications wwhich are included in ASUS and MSI Motherboards.

There are many Official Forums of those Brands that suggest to uninstall Realtek drivers.

Panos9ball, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Fullscreen applications

1. Multiple Fullscreen applications - Similar Threads - Multiple Fullscreen applications

2. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  3. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering after closing fullscreen application: I have dual monitors and when I close a full-screen application games, most often my primary monitor has heavy stuttering. I have updated all drivers, tried new cords, tried swapping cords, checking refresh rates. The problem goes away if I change the refresh rate of the...
  4. Stuttering after closing fullscreen application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications: my pc crashes when changing resolution in games or sometimes just at random whilst some applications like chrome are unafectedi think its a software issue because i have checked almost everything possible hardware related,this issue has been recurring since i changed my two...
  6. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications: my pc crashes when changing resolution in games or sometimes just at random whilst some applications like chrome are unafectedi think its a software issue because i have checked almost everything possible hardware related,this issue has been recurring since i changed my two...
  7. PC crashes in fullscreen with some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cant open applications in fullscreen

Cant open applications in fullscreen: Hello,Everytime I use an application that is in fullscreen on my PC, it opens it, switches to it, but then it tabs out of the application automatically. This has been going on for a few weeks now.Would appreciate some insight on this....
  9. Unable to exit fullscreen applications

Unable to exit fullscreen applications: All of a sudden my computer became unable to exit out of full screen applications. When I press windows key and a number, I can see the apps that corresponds to it but I have to keep the windows key pressed or I will exit back to the full screen application. When I am stuck...
  10. gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    gray backgorund when the application is not fullscreen: i dont know is happening but when I'm experiencing this. please help. it only come back when I press the ctrl+d. but when alt+tab is using it is like that[ATTACH][ATTACH]...