Windows 10: Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues

Discus and support Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, So as far as I can tell operating two game pass enabled accounts on a single computer has a "user based install lock". Is there a work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Goldon1626, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues

Hello,

So as far as I can tell operating two game pass enabled accounts on a single computer has a "user based install lock". Is there a work around/is this intentional (if so why)?

What this means in practice is that if User A installs game A on (CMultiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues :) drive User B is now locked out from installing game A on the (CMultiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues :) drive, but is able to successfully install the game on any other drive enabled for app install. Attempting to install the game on the drive that User A has installed it on will fail in the following manner:

The install will start, the installer recognizes the game has already been installed and instantly finishes, the system sends notifications that the game is ready to play but the game fails to start. My best guess of what is happening in between the install finishing and the failure to launch is the User B account not being flagged for game access. After trying to launch the install button reappears, as if nothing was done in the first place.

So I thought this was just a use case they did not predict/intend, but in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-sharing/5d04df06-6024-4126-8425-43957dc46e8a the solution to "sharing" is to operate two game pass subscription accounts on a single PC. So is it also intended that every single install has to be doubled up for both users to have access?

Thanks for your time, if I need to clarify anything here let me know.

:)

Goldon1626, Oct 25, 2019

2. Can't install games with game pass

Hi Ashenath,

If you can’t install Game Pass Games on your PC, follow these suggestions:

Check if you have the right Game Pass

Clear Cache of Xbox Game Pass App

Update to the latest Windows 10 version,viz v1903

Admin privileges for Games

Give Admin privileges for Games

Check Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter

Repair Game if it keeps crashing or doesn’t work

Cannot Sign in to Xbox Live

If these steps didn't work, you can visit this link for further information:

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/cant-install-gam...

Feel free to give me feedback about this issue.

Thanks and regards,

RichardGuerzon, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues

1. Multiple Game Passes on a Single Computer- Install Lockout/Issues - Similar Threads - Multiple Game Passes

2. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Compatibility Issue with Gaming Computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass for PC - Compatibility Issue with Gaming Computers: Hey fellow Microsoft community members,I'm encountering a compatibility issue between Xbox Game Pass for PC and my gaming computer, and I'm seeking your assistance to resolve it. Here are the specifics: Problem: I recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC, hoping to enjoy...
  3. Xbox Game Pass for PC - Compatibility Issue with Gaming Computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC - Compatibility Issue with Gaming Computers: Hey fellow Microsoft community members,I'm encountering a compatibility issue between Xbox Game Pass for PC and my gaming computer, and I'm seeking your assistance to resolve it. Here are the specifics: Problem: I recently subscribed to Xbox Game Pass for PC, hoping to enjoy...
  4. Installation issue on PC game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installation issue on PC game pass: [I HAVE RAISED THIS WITH XBOX SUPPORT AND THEY HAVE POINTED ME TO WINDOWS SUPPORT]Xbox support went through every fix that exists remotely - including PC reset [in place windows upgrade as it's called]Can anyone from Windows support please assist?I have the full transcript of...
  5. Installation issue on PC game pass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installation issue on PC game pass: [I HAVE RAISED THIS WITH XBOX SUPPORT AND THEY HAVE POINTED ME TO WINDOWS SUPPORT]Xbox support went through every fix that exists remotely - including PC reset [in place windows upgrade as it's called]Can anyone from Windows support please assist?I have the full transcript of...
  6. Game Pass not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass not installing: Hi, I am trying to get access to my games that I purchased on Xbox live. I have the Ultimate Game Pass, but it will never finish installing actually, it appears to never move pass 0% installed. Additionally, when I try to grab games from the Microsoft store, it tells me the...
  7. Issue installing game pass game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue installing game pass game: I installed Age of Empires 2 from the pc game pass, went to load it and it wouldnt play, instead just asking permission for Microsoft Store package dependency. So i uninstalled it and then tried to reinstall it for it to only not install. Im currently stuck now in a loop. I...
  8. game pass issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    game pass issue: i cant download games on my laptop. i have game pass. i am updated https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-issue/5da4662e-b125-4335-a762-9d54a22ad625"
  9. Game Pass Issues

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Game Pass Issues: Okay, so, I got the Game Pass Ultimate because it's $1 first month and I wanna try Sea of Thieves before I buy it. It was giving me an error code; (0x8024001E). I tried a bunch of solutions for this and it didn't work. One method was to clear the windows cache, I tried this...
  10. Computer lockout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer lockout: When I'm on my computer an icon pops up that says how to get help in windows. Keeps opening icons all the way across the screen constantly without stopping and locks,my computer out. I can't even get back on it now. Can somebody explain this to me or tell me what needs to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. two accounts with gamepass cant install windows 10