Windows 10: Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll

Discus and support Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have several games that simply do not launch when trying to run them Terraria,Stardew Valley, and Borderlands 2 are the most recent I've tried, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamieReid3, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll

I have several games that simply do not launch when trying to run them Terraria,Stardew Valley, and Borderlands 2 are the most recent I've tried, but plenty of other games that run with no problems includingBorderlands the Pre-Sequel surprisingly enough. I upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 a year and a half ago from a computer with Windows 7, and I can't fully remember if these games stopped working on the older computer at some point but have definitely never worked on the new one. I no longer have the old computer to re-check. I don't believe it is a specific issue with these games however - I have tried redownloading, reinstalling, running as administrator and with various compatibility modes, none of which work. Since no error message comes up when attempting to launch the games, I have had to look in Event Viewer to see what could be going wrong, and each time get several errors appearing there. The latest example:

Source - .NET Runtime, EventID 1026

Application: Stardew Valley.exe
    Framework Version: v4.0.30319
    Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
    Exception Info: System.BadImageFormatException
    at StardewValley.Program.MainSystem.String[]

Source - Application Error, EventID 1000

Faulting application name: Stardew Valley.exe, version: 1.3.7346.34283, time stamp: 0x5e42fa69
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x67005c2a
    Exception code: 0xe0434352
    Fault offset: 0x00114402
    Faulting process ID: 0x2178
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d65290823d2f60
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report ID: 3b3c1d2c-80be-46a6-ada8-11f8d5f1f2de
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Fault bucket 1858694011075777017, type 1
    Event Name: APPCRASH
    Response: Not available
    Cab Id: 0

I have tried reinstalling .NET Framework, replacing the kernelbase dll files in C:/Windows/System32 and SysWOW64 with those from another computer, creating another user profile, running sfc /scannow in the cmd prompt, all with no effect.

I found a post that suggested un-registering then re-registering the dll in the command prompt, but that just brings up this error:

"The module "KernelBase.dll" was loaded but the entry-point DllUnregisterServer was not found.
    Make sure that "KernelBase.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again."

and then if I ignore it and try to re-register it gives the same error, but with ...entry-point DllRegisterServer... instead.

I'm at a loss on how to fix this, short of starting over and reinstalling windows from scratch, which I'm reluctant to do as I don't have a lot of free time to redownload/reinstall everything connection speed in my area is kind of slow. I've been ignoring the problem up to now since I do have plenty of other games, but I've just bought Stardew Valley in the Steam summer sale and would like to try getting it running before considering a refund.

:)

JamieReid3, Jul 12, 2020

2. KernelBase.dll crashing from multiple games

Kernelbase.dll is being logged as the faulting module in EventViewer from multiple games (And crashing the games) when they attempt to load a multiplayer lobby. From multiple games they all log KernelBase.dll as the faulting module with the same exception code and fault offset.

A couple of example games are the new "Savage Resurrection" and "Space Engineers".

I am running Windows 10 enterprise. I've tried a few things, sfc /scannow, checking the output log of sfc it didnt even detect KernelBase.dll as having a fault. Ran a chkdsk on all of my drives to ensure nothing is crazy there, all fine.
    Any help in diagnosing this issue would be grand. I cant find much online about the exception code.

Edit: Upgraded to 1607 and same error, different offset:

Skintkingle, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Prajwal_G Win User
    Program not launching. Error Reports say .NET Runtime 1026 error. It may also be a KernelBase.dll error?

I just bought FIFA 18 on Origin. After installing the game does not launch and does not provide me with any error. I contacted EA Support and performed these steps.

Run application as administrator

Clean Reboot

Reinstall game

Reinstalled Origin

Reinstall graphics drivers

Windows Update

Disabled all startup programs

Disabled Firewalls and white listed the game on Windows Defender.

Ran system file checker.(sfc/scannow)

These steps were guided by EA's customer support.

I received an email later saying it is a KernelBase.dll error after submitting a 'msinfo' document to EA.

They told me to contact Windows Support as it was a 'major system file'

After approaching Windows Support, I performed these steps.

Windows In Place Upgrade

Advanced chkdsk repair

Still the problem persists. I have no clue what to do next.

While EA said it was a KernelBase.dll error. Error Reporting on my PC says it is a .NET Runtime 1026 error.

These are the errors I get when I try to launch the game:

Application: fifaconfig.exe

Framework Version: v4.0.30319

Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.

Exception Info: System.IO.FileLoadException

at fifasetup_csharp.StartingForm..ctor()

at fifasetup_csharp.Program.Main(System.String[])

Faulting application name: fifaconfig.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x59b87790

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.16299.15, time stamp: 0x4736733c

Exception code: 0xe0434352

Fault offset: 0x0000000000013fb8

Faulting process id: 0x2e1c

Faulting application start time: 0x01d37cd776d310a4

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\FIFA 18\FIFASetup\fifaconfig.exe

Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 56b8731c-8097-4171-a115-1cb9e6647b7a

Prajwal_G, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll

Applications Fail to Start with Kernelbase.dll error

Hi JeffCollins2,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the time you have taken to resolve this issue. In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• Are you facing the same issue with all the applications?
    • Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?

The file KernelBase.dll is a DLL file stored in the
    system folder of Windows operating system. It is created automatically during the installation of the Windows operating system. KernelBase.dll is used to launch
    .exe applications. When it is corrupt, you will get .dll missing or not found error when you start the programs.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know about the results.

Method 1:
    Register the .dll file.

• Tap on the Windows key on your keyboard and type Command prompt.
    • Right click and Run as administrator.
    • Type: regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll
    • Restart the computer and check.

Method 2: Copy the same file from another computer.

I would suggest you to copy the KernelBase.dll
    file from another computer running the
    same version and editionof Windows operating system.

The location of the file KernelBase.dll
    differs in each system based on the architecture. If it is 64-bit Windows OS, then the
    KernelBase.dll file is located in
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64. If it is 32-bit OS, then
    KernelBase.dll file is located in
    C:\Windows\System32.

Method 3: Create a new user account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account

and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll

1. Multiple games not launching. Possible error in kernelbase.dll - Similar Threads - Multiple games launching

2. Multiple BSOD on game launches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple BSOD on game launches: For about 2 months now I have been receiving BSODs when trying to launch a couple of steam games. Mainly CS2 and Lethal Company. They don't usually occur unless I try and start one of the two games, but an occasional BSOD just through daily use. It feels like I have tried...
  3. Multiple BSOD on game launches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple BSOD on game launches: For about 2 months now I have been receiving BSODs when trying to launch a couple of steam games. Mainly CS2 and Lethal Company. They don't usually occur unless I try and start one of the two games, but an occasional BSOD just through daily use. It feels like I have tried...
  4. kernelbase problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  5. kernelbase problem

kernelbase problem: I have a problem with kernelbase I download a new version from the internet but I can not overwrite it I work with windows 8.1 pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kernelbase-problem/288d64ab-b001-4820-a20c-5f55d93033e7
  6. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  7. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1114 DLL Error when launch game: the dynamic link library initialization program crashedDLL - google translator.https://store.steampowered.com/app/814540/Changed/I have already tried to reinstall visual c++ and change video card settings....
  8. 1114 DLL Error when launch game

9. Unable to launch JVM or possible missing msvcr100.dll issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to launch JVM or possible missing msvcr100.dll issue: Hi,I recently installed ODI on my 64 bit system and the moment I open the application I get below error - Unable to launch the JVM Located at path:C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0.301\jre\msvcr100.dllI tried updating ODI config files and java locations etc and they are all...
  10. Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: msvcp140.dll is missing when launching PUBG: Hi team, I'm Asus laptop works on Windows 10 Home Edition (as far as I know), just two days ago, I downloaded the PUGB game. Right after I launched that game, it just didn't run and work. A message screen appears that says msvcp140.dll is missing. After going through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xe0434352 Stardew valley