Windows 10: multiple gmail accounts??

Discus and support multiple gmail accounts?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Google gmail account that I've had for decades on my 14-yo PC that runs Windows 10. Several months ago a local neighborhood forum became... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ElizabethTempletonVT, Jan 9, 2021.

1. multiple gmail accounts??

I have a Google gmail account that I've had for decades on my 14-yo PC that runs Windows 10. Several months ago a local neighborhood forum became available but it seems to run through microsoft? mail which doesn't communicate with gmail at all. I also have a brand new Apple phone, and now the forum mail says my account settings are out of date.

Can someone explain why I have apparently two mail accounts, and what the best practices are when you can get email on both a PC and a cell phone, and then there's the neighborhood forum that acts like a diifferent "device" entirely?

THank you.

:)

ElizabethTempletonVT, Jan 9, 2021

2. Gmail leaves your account open to spammers

A new flaw has been exposed in Google’s Gmail service which could allow hackers to get hold of your contacts. When you log into your Gmail (Googlemail in some countries) account, Google will put your details into a JavaScript file. Because of this, if you browse other websites whilst logged into your account, any of them could potentially declare the function “google” and be able to get hold of all of your contacts. The only two ways to ensure your privacy is safe are to disable JavaScript in all websites except those you trust or to not browse other sites whilst logged into any Google service. Admittedly Gmail is still only a beta, but a fault like this could be quite serious.

Update: Disabling JavaScript did not solve this problem, however it appears that Google has now fixed this issue and your contacts list should be safe.

Source: Engadget

Jimmy 2004, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Unable to add Gmail account in Mail app

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are trying to add Yahoo/Gmail email account in Mail app.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 currently installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the Version of Mail app installed?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that helps.

Steps to add Yahoo email in Mail app.

1. In yahoo mails account security, click on manage app passwords.
    2. After selecting other app and entering the new app name in the text box
    3. Now, in Windows 10 mail app, add this type of account.
    4. In Windows 10 mail app, enter your details and the password generated by step 2

Steps to add Gmail email in Mail app

Step 1: Connect your Google account to PC

1. Go to the Security section of your Google account
    2. Under Connected
      apps
      and sites, go to Apps
      connected to your account
    3. Make sure that Windows is on the list

Step 2: Enable IMAP on your Google account

1. Sign in to Gmail
    2. Click the gear in the top right
    3. Select Settings
    4. Click Forwarding
      and POP/IMAP

5. Select Enable IMAP
    6. Click Save Changes

Step 3: Add Gmail account.

1. Open Mail app.
    2. Click on the gear icon to open settings.
    3. Click on Manage account.
    4. Click on Add account.
    5. Now select Google and check if you are able to add the account.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Munki Win User

multiple gmail accounts??

GUIDE:How to transfer contacts from Microsoft Outlook to Gmail

I'm sitting here in the office, its the end of the year in the school system, and several employees transferring to alternative counties. With this it brings loads of transferring contacts to take with them from their company phone. Well, this one in particular sparked a guide idea. So here it is, How to transfer Outlook contacts to your Gmail account.

Step 1: Sign in to your outlook account.
    step 2 In the top left hand corner click File > Import/Export > Export to file > Browse to desired place to save your file > export. Be sure you export the file as .csv (comma separated values)
    Step 3 Log into your Gmail account
    Step 4 Select 'Contacts' In the subsection you will see a 'Import' button on the right-hand side. Click it.
    Step 5 Browse to the location where you saved it > Open it > Click Import.

I would have provided pictures, but I use neither Outlook or Gmail. Hope someone somewhere gets some use from this. *Toast :toast:

=Munki=

Munki, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

multiple gmail accounts??

1. multiple gmail accounts?? - Similar Threads - multiple gmail accounts

2. account gmail deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    account gmail deleted: the gmail account i use for my microsoft account was deleted and i cant get it back but now i got a new pc and am having trouble logging in without it asking for my to confirm my email which i obviously cant do...
  3. account gmail deleted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    account gmail deleted: the gmail account i use for my microsoft account was deleted and i cant get it back but now i got a new pc and am having trouble logging in without it asking for my to confirm my email which i obviously cant do...
  4. gmail account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    gmail account: I use google chrome however my gmail account on my computer is no longer able "to reach the site". How can I fix this...in simple laymen terms. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account/96408eda-10ce-4a4e-bee0-a7337b753535
  5. Gmail account

Gmail account: Please help u our gmail account does not want to send or received any mails on the computer The messages said some of the account needs attention. Please help Thanks Sybrand...
  6. Gmail account, Google

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Gmail account, Google: Why can't I add my gmail account or any google products. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account-google/e0a5f53b-939a-49f0-93f3-f07c9a76d242"
  7. GMail account

in Windows 10 Customization
    GMail account: I can't access my gmail account from my laptop. Message reads Your account settings are out of date in Mail or Calendar for Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gmail-account/04ce0415-33c6-4669-a4ec-da919a1a3573
  8. Gmail Account

Gmail Account: Hi Dave, When logging into my gmail account on my desktop the icon changed from the M for email to the Add Account screen when going into it. When I entered my email it states that it already exists and try another name. But to go into the account I already have is not...
  9. Gmail Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gmail Accounts: Hello Community, If I have the wrong place to ask this question, I WILL APPOLOGIZE, I trust someone will tell me if this is wrong and tell me where to go. But here goes I have windows 10 pro, for email I have Google, Gmail I have contacted google and got no...
  10. renewing gmail account

renewing gmail account: I have a gmail account which has its own domain. You have to pay for this. I haven't used it for a four years but want to now. How do I pay? I updated debit card details, but there was nowhere to click to pay. It sends but doesn't receive emails. Need to start a new domain as...