Windows 10: Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

Discus and support Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have multiple hard drives on my machine with a power switch between the PSU and drive itself. None of these drives are boot drives except the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredM8, Dec 4, 2015.

1. FredM8 Win User

Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ?

I have multiple hard drives on my machine with a power switch between the PSU and drive itself. None of these drives are boot drives except the drive that holds the OS.
    Yet, W10 will not see any of these drives just by turning on the power switch.
    I have to switch on the HDD, and then go through the whole startup process to get W10 to see it.
    External USB drives are seen straight away.
    I don't understand why this is as I can see no difference between this system, and switching on external eSATA drives on my old W7 machine which always worked OK ?
    Help greatly appreciated !

:)

FredM8, Dec 4, 2015

2. Hard Drives not detected

Are the hard drives detected by the BIOS?

Gerry C J Cornell, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Hard Drives not detected

During Windows installation system showing no hard disk detected. I don't have any hard disk driver to load, How to solve it?

Abishekh Kc, Dec 4, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

I think that straight SATA drives have to be labeled as dynamic/removable for that to work.

CountMike, Dec 5, 2015
  5. swarfega Win User
    Are they brand new drives (never before used)?

swarfega, Dec 5, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    Your MB must have an option to support HOT PLUG in BIOS. Here's my BIOS and I have SATA1, 3, 5, 6 with HOT PLUG enabled and those would show up from safely remove icon on taskbar

Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ? [​IMG]

Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ? [​IMG]

topgundcp, Dec 5, 2015
  7. FredM8 Win User
    Thank you all, and especially topgundcp.
    Configuring the Bios has got it sorted.
    Many thanks !

FredM8, Dec 5, 2015
  8. topgundcp Win User

You are welcome. Glad we could help

topgundcp, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple Hard Drives Not Auto Detected ? - Similar Threads - Multiple Hard Drives

2. Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple Hard Drives/ Multiple Boots/Corrupt: So, I have two different drives I use to boot my PC. One came with the PC, it's HDD, it has an OS with Windows 10 on it. The second is an m.2 SSD, I mainly use this one. The second has Windows 11 with all my saved games. Recently I've been trying to overclock my CPU, and...
  3. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  4. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  5. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  7. Second Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second Hard drive not detected: So my friend has a hard drive that fully works but he wants to recover his data. I plug it in to my computer and it’s not detected on file explorer. It is detected on Disk management. I want to access through file explorer. I try to assign a letter but it doesn’t work. I need...
  8. Multiple Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple Hard Drives: I have a second hard drive in computer that is setup for D: drive. Windows decided that D: drive is a music file and thus whenever I access files on that drive I cannot see file extensions and dates. Windows brings up the music tools options and the file headers are artist,...
  9. Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not detected: What could be the possible reason that my external hard drive is not appearing on the pc bios screen but working with my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/6757b01a-2bbc-48d4-a3f3-b128115ee10f"
  10. Auto detect drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Auto detect drive: I have two usb expansion hard drives plugged into my PC one is continually being detected as if it were just plugged in, it keeps opening up File Explore on top of any other windows. 1. How can I stop this happening. 2. How do I turn off Drive Auto Detect, as this may be an...