Windows 10: Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

Discus and support Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Having an issue with my microphones on multiple headsets in Windows 10. I have tested the headphones on a four Windows 10 computers and they work on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WiredSolaris1, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

Having an issue with my microphones on multiple headsets in Windows 10.

I have tested the headphones on a four Windows 10 computers and they work on only one the one which has not been updated for quite some time, so wondering if it was a recent update Strangely enough, the microphone that is built into my webcam DOES work.

I have restarted the computers thus restarting the Windows Audio Service. There is nothing in event viewer.

Test your microphone does not pick up any sound from it. It detects it and does not indicate any issues at all.

Allow Apps to access your microphone is set configured. And the mic is not muted.

Any ideas.

Regards

:)

WiredSolaris1, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Jelu Cal Win User

Microphone Levels Dropping to Zero

Hi,

To better understand your concern about your headset's microphone, we'd like to know the following:

• If this is isolated to a single or multiple programs.
    • If you have tried other USB ports on your device.
    • If your concern is replicated when your headset is used on another device.

In the meantime, you can check the steps on how to troubleshoot microphone issues on this

link

We look forward to your response.

Jelu Cal, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Aceman.au Win User
    Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

Deleting Multiple Email from Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check:

• Type mail in the search box to open mail app.
    • click on the folder from which you want to delete multiple emails.
    • click on enter selection mode in the search
      area.
    • click on multiple emails and click on delete.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines

1. Multiple Headset Microphones Will Not Function on Multiple Windows 10 Machines - Similar Threads - Multiple Headset Microphones

2. Microphones Working Intermittently - Multiple Microphones, Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphones Working Intermittently - Multiple Microphones, Multiple Programs: Having a problem where any microphone we plug into the computer will sometimes not work during video calls. Most of the time it is at the beginning of the video call, but sometimes it is randomly during the call. This happens in Teams, Google Meet, and Zoom. This happens with...
  3. Microphones Working Intermittently - Multiple Microphones, Multiple Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphones Working Intermittently - Multiple Microphones, Multiple Programs: Having a problem where any microphone we plug into the computer will sometimes not work during video calls. Most of the time it is at the beginning of the video call, but sometimes it is randomly during the call. This happens in Teams, Google Meet, and Zoom. This happens with...
  4. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute": I have tried two headsets and am getting the same issue, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the PC and not the headphone. Basically, the microphone does not work on either headset or on the internal PC microphone. When I go into the audio settings and test the...
  5. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute": I have tried two headsets and am getting the same issue, so I'm thinking it might be an issue with the PC and not the headphone. Basically, the microphone does not work on either headset or on the internal PC microphone. When I go into the audio settings and test the...
  6. Microphone is muted on multiple headsets - can't get it to "unmute"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone on numerous headsets are not functioning

Microphone on numerous headsets are not functioning: Hello, I have tried to use my microphone on numerous headsets yet they keep troubleshooting. The second headset showed me that it wasn't a problem on my side but on my laptop's side. The first time when I plugged it in it worked just fine but when I tried to plug it in again,...
  8. Multiple Microphone Inputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Microphone Inputs: Why in Team Speak does my headset microphone not work?Well the answer is simple:Don't install Windows 11 as it prevents multiple microphone inputs because my Kingston HyperX Fury Sound Cloud 2 Wired Headset Microphone does not work with Team Speak on Windows 11 as it will...
  9. Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines: Hey everyone,I want to be able to control multiple different Windows 10 pc admin settings from one administrator account. For example, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad, and I want to control the admin settings on two other Windows 10 machines. I do not want to have separate admin...
  10. Multiple headset connections

Multiple headset connections: Let me give you some context. I want to learn how to play piano so I downloaded an app on my phone and it obviously needs to listen to the piano to work. The problem is that I don't want to disturb others at my home. So I ask. Is it possible to connect a headset to the piano...