Windows 10: Multiple High Definition Audio Devices

Discus and support Multiple High Definition Audio Devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why do I have multiple High Definition Audio Devices. [img] 98046 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by boyboyds, Nov 14, 2017.

1. boyboyds Win User

Multiple High Definition Audio Devices

Why do I have multiple High Definition Audio Devices.

Multiple High Definition Audio Devices [​IMG]

:)

boyboyds, Nov 14, 2017

2. Microphone not working - windows10

hi ,

I have Dell Inspiron 1525 - the microphone is not working.

in the Device manager - Audio inputs and outputs i can view the below

- Digital Audio (HDMI) (High Definition Audio Device)

-Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)

-Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)

-Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

*two times Microphone showing

in Sound, video and game controllers

-High Definition Audio Device

-High Definition Audio Device.

in the Manage Audio devices

- under the tab "Recording"

two microphone icons are there and in the first (grayed out)

High Definition Audio Device (Currently unavailable)

the second is showing with green tick

High Definition Audio Device- Default Device

when i tried the recording test nothing is working.

regards,

Ravi.

Ravikanth-S, Nov 14, 2017
  3. Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

Hi,

My computers OS Build is 15063.447, and it's version is 1703. All of my audio drivers are fully updated, and all of my Audio inputs and outputs are DELL E2416H (Intel (R) Display Audio), Headphones (High Definition Audio Device), Headset Earphone (HyperX
    7.1 Audio), Headset Microphone (HyperX 7.1 Audio), Microphone (High Definition Audio Device),

Microphone (High Definition Audio Device) (not a mistake), and Speakers (High Definition Audio Device)

pickle_peet, Nov 14, 2017
  4. Cliff S New Member

Video card, motherboard, some peripherals like a webcam with a mic, or even a monitor can all have their own drivers.
    So depending on your hardware, you'll have more drivers.

Mine are listed a bit more specific tan yours though:

Multiple High Definition Audio Devices [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 14, 2017
  5. Best to uninstall them all and which ever is meant to be there will return *Smile

kingtez1984, Nov 14, 2017
  6. sml156 Win User
    They are all working don't delete them, If there was a problem you would see a yellow exclamation mark.

Could be speakers, HDMI, Microphone, lots of stuff be happy.

sml156, Nov 14, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    "High Definition" audio drivers usually mean that the actual hardware driver for the device has not been installed and Windows has installed a generic, basic function, driver. Best to install the correct hardware device driver, which is a full feature driver.

fireberd, Nov 14, 2017
  8. boyboyds Win User

Thank you for all your replies.

The reason I was asking about the multiple audio devices because I had some sound issue, like echo, and was suspecting some conflicting audio drivers. This is an old Dell XPS 1800 with W10 upgraded from W7. It runs very well for all my needs, except for this occasional audio issue. I replaced speakers, checked for latest drivers, ran troubleshooting......sometimes the problem corrects itself and then comes back.

-BBDS

boyboyds, Nov 15, 2017
  9. boyboyds Win User
    After struggling with the sound issue for so long, I decided to follow kingtez1984 advice and uninstalled all sound drivers and restarted my PC. The problem has disappeared.

Is this the magical permanent fix I was looking for.......time will tell.

Thank you all for your inputs.
    -BBDS

boyboyds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Multiple High Definition Audio Devices - Similar Threads - Multiple High Definition

2. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  3. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High definition audio device: I have been trying to update my HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE DRIVER. However the following message pops up - windows found drives for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install them. This device cannot startcode 10.How do I go about this....
  4. High definition audio device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. High Definition Audio Device Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Definition Audio Device Issue: I've tried everything from factory resetting, going into the device manager and updating and rolling back the High Definition Audio Device over and over, installing all sorts of other audio drives. I've been trying all sorts of things for 2 days straight, I'm on the brink of...
  6. High Definition Audio Device Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High Definition Audio Device Issue: I've tried everything from factory resetting, going into the device manager and updating and rolling back the High Definition Audio Device over and over, installing all sorts of other audio drives. I've been trying all sorts of things for 2 days straight, I'm on the brink of...
  7. MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MEDIA - High Definition Audio Device: Hi,I have got a Laptop from a friend of mine back in Oct 2021 an it did have windows 10 on it an the computer couldn't handle it so I was able to get it back to Windows 8.1 that's not the problem that I am having with the Laptop..I have got a MEDIA - High Definition Audio...
  8. High definition audio devices not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High definition audio devices not working.: I was listening to YouTube on my desktop and I decided that I was gonna plug the speakers instead of the headphones. I pulled out the pc to swap audio Jack and when I was putting it back it restarted, idk I thought the power cable must have temporarily disconnected. It turned...
  9. high definition audio device

high definition audio device: Hello, I have tried for days. Everytime I get a windows update my sound is shut off. I have tried a dozen times to download "high defintion audio device" but it will not show up in device manager under sound to install it. Any advice?...
  10. AMD High Definition Audio Device

AMD High Definition Audio Device: How can I find out which AMD High Definition Audio Device I need for my computer? My sound device uninstalled during a Windows 10 update on 10/10/2018. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-high-definition-audio-device/507b8744-66b7-4ac7-9421-ba39c3057bb1

Users found this page by searching for:

1. high definition audio device multiple

2. multiple high definition audio devices