Windows 10: Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

Discus and support Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Here's my issue. I have 2 xbox, and 3 gaming PC, and two previous PCs that I reformatted the hard drives on I realize now that was a mistake before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TT#', Nov 21, 2020.

1. TT#' Win User

Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

Here's my issue.

I have 2 xbox, and 3 gaming PC, and two previous PCs that I reformatted the hard drives on I realize now that was a mistake before getting the license codes one was a Win10PRO and one was a Win10HOME and throwing away the PCs.

I have 1 active PC registered to my Microsoft accountWin10PRO, and the old PCs with the reformatted drives One is Win10PRO. The other two gaming PCs are for my kids - one is a local admin account and the other signs in on my Microsoft account, but there is an a password error and it doesn't show up on my Microsoft account. Each PC was a gaming PC that has the same motherboard that was purchased with when the PCs were purchased.

I'm looking to do some hardware swapping and upgrades for presents and realized I have no idea what to do with these licenses to avoid buying a new license.

Here's what I want to do.

Reformat one machine my machine linked to my microsoft account with a 100% new drive and a clean install. This PC is actively registered and licensed with my microsoft account. And, it is a windows 10 Pro license. After the clean install, i want to install all the programs that are common across all three gaming PCs, and save that as my system image. Then, i want to practice installing that image on the PC that I just did the clean install on.

Afterwards, I want to install/ reformat the drives on the other gaming PCs with the same system image and use their existing licenses on the new image installation.

In addition, there will be a new motherboard for one gaming PC, and the other two PCs will swap motherboards. One motherboard will be resold.

I'm worried about reusing the windows 10 licenses on the 2 gaming PCs for a few reasons.

1. I don't know if I can reuse licenses with system images

2. I don't know if I can reuse the licenses after swapping motherboards

3. The 2 PCs aren't tied to my Windows Account one has an error and the other has a admin local login

4. The PCs were bought as individual PC units both from cyberpowerpc.

My plan is to try and find out the licenses on teh gaming PCs and try to tie them to my Microsoft Account.

At this point, I feel like I'm going to have to rebuy licenses for both PCs when I do the motherboard swap.

BTW, I have not done this before, but it seems like it should be possible.

Is this approach possible or am I going to have to buy new licenses? Should I break this down to easier questions or is this too complex?

l

:)

2. Windows 10 mobile upgrade causing multiple problems

Hello,

For us to be able to isolate why you're having multiple concerns after upgrading your Windows phone, kindly answer these questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far?
    • Since the issue occurred after an upgrade, have you tried performing a
      hard reset
      ?

We'll be waiting for your updates.

Gerald Mal, Nov 21, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

Concerns related to Windows 10 upgrade from Windows 7

Hello Woody,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• What is the make and model of the computer you are using?
    • What was the error message in the blue screen of death you are referring to? Is it an ongoing issue or happened previously in Windows 10?
    • What were the issues you were experiencing while your PC had Windows 10 in it?

Now, please be informed that if the specifications of the PC you are using meets with the

minimum system requirements
    for Windows 10, it should upgrade and run smoothly as expected.

However, if the base operating system already installed is functionally unstable, this will still upgrade to Windows 10, but the basic performance issues will either continue to exist or may even aggravate.

Now, from the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing longer boot times while on Windows 7.

So, if the last time, Windows was upgraded via Windows update settings. I suggest you to use the Windows 10 ISO to perform the upgrade this time as it will fix most of the issues during the installation.

First, you need to create a Windows 10 ISO from the below link:

Get Windows 10

After you open the software download page from the link provided above, you have to click on the link
    Download tool now. Refer to the below snapshot.

Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns d17b9556-4c18-498e-84e8-2f4ccc7e7b99.jpg

Once you select, the Windows 10 set up will notify you to do either of the two things.

• Upgrade this PC now.
    • Create installation media for another PC.
    In this case, if you intend to upgrade another PC but not the one which you are downloading this tool on, you have to select the second option 'Create installation media for another PC'.

The following next page will offer you two options, which is either a USB Flash drive or an ISO file which you can burn on a DVD later.

Once you have the DVD/USB media of Windows 10 ISO, you can choose to upgrade any PC with a qualified operating system installed in it.

Next, you can easily install Windows 10 from ISO using the steps outlined in the wiki article written by one of our MVPs,
    Andre Da Costa.

How to: upgrade from previous versions of Windows using Windows 10 ISO file

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns

1. Multiple Home PCs - Upgrading Concerns - Similar Threads - Multiple Home PCs

2. Multiple PCs through business

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple PCs through business: Hi im puzzled by microsoft account setup. Every time we add a PC we have to create a new account. How can I create an organisational account, merge my personal and other account into them and then how to add devices so that employees can access the account and download...
  3. Multiple PCs through business

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple PCs through business: Hi im puzzled by microsoft account setup. Every time we add a PC we have to create a new account. How can I create an organisational account, merge my personal and other account into them and then how to add devices so that employees can access the account and download...
  4. Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Upgrade Multiple PCs in our Org from 1909 to 2009: Hi there, I'm new to MS forums, was directed here by a Microsoft Rep but they only cover O365 troubleshooting and said someone might be able to help on here. So we have seen a lot of computers in our Domain give the same error when we try running updates from either...
  5. Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs

Inplace Upgrade from 1803 to 1909 fails on multiple PCs: Hello, I am currently trying to upgrade multiple devices from Windows 10 1803 to 1909. I have already done that on some and it worked and now after some weeks it doesnt work at all on any pc. I have uninstalled the antivirus system and .NET Framework before doing the...
  6. Insider Program Multiple PCs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Insider Program Multiple PCs: I have had the insider preview program on my desktop pc since before windows 10 released and it's license has always been for Windows 10 Pro. I bought a new surface and it's Windows 10 Home. I signed into my preview account and selected the option to get preview builds. Is it...
  7. Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media

Upgrade multiple pcs from dvd or other media: How can I update Windows 10 PCs that are not connected to the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-multiple-pcs-from-dvd-or-other-media/7be4d599-0bb5-4514-8f64-7dd76f422bfc
  8. how to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 on multiple PCs?: Could you help me upgrade several PCs automatically from Windows 7 to Windows 10? They are office computers connected to the domain https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-upgrade-windows-7-to-windows-10-on-multiple/c575655b-e9d4-4588-b134-bef9a23b833b"
  9. Ready to upgrade but driver concerns

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ready to upgrade but driver concerns: I've finally plucked up the courage to upgrade from W7 to W10 but I have concerns about driver compatibility. The 'Get Windows 10' app says things are OK but I'm not convinced. For instance, these are current drivers that are out of date and since this list was compiled I've...
  10. 10 Home for Refurb PCs

in Windows 10 Support
    10 Home for Refurb PCs: My laptop MFG'd in late 2013 crashed. Needing a replacement and short on funds I purchased a converted XP PRO. The data sticker says Windows 10 Home for Refurb PCs. Can someone tell me what differences there may be (without me having to read the tech manuals) between this...