Windows 10: Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help

Discus and support Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are multiple horizontal lines on my monitor desktop screen, how to resolve it? Tried the following: Uninstalling & reinstalling the video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AshishEben, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help

There are multiple horizontal lines on my monitor desktop screen, how to resolve it?

Tried the following:

• Uninstalling & reinstalling the video drivers
    • Checked on another desktop too, still no help

I think it's like those vertical green line which appears but gets easily resolved, however this isn't getting resolved.

So please check and help me out here.

Snap: If you see only the top part is fine, rest of the screen / below it has those multiple horizontal lines, which is making the images/text appear to be pixelating

Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help [​IMG]

:)

AshishEben, Jan 9, 2021

2. Horizontal Lines Of Any Length

Hi

I know that this is a long—— inquiry, and God knows, I hope it’s worth it. I’ll be presenting this inquiry from the acknowledgment that my inquiry about horizontal lines is presented the way that I established it on a word document,
    and of me having to make an inquiry of them because when they were upload through the Epub format how they turned out differently.

I’m an author of light comedy, romance, and poetry. I like to use horizontal lines in-between words to imply expression. I would like know, what type of tool could I use in Microsoft Word to make a solid horizonal line of any length. To imply expression,
    the height, not the length of, example a, 3em dash is where the horizontal is situated. I tried to present them from a format applicable from using the 3Em dash. I have established various lengths of 3em dashes of various lengths. Examples are listed below

— —— ——— ——————

An example of trying to apply them for using expression in writing is listed below.

Example:

Wow——! She sure——— is—some—thing! How would like to get to know about the fundamentals of that——————???

An example of what I tried, and uploaded it in the epub format is listed below.

Example:

I sure—— hope that things are looking up. The way I——— saw things happen, I would have nev—er———— thought it could.
    Are you al—right—?

An Example how it turned out in the epub format is listed below.

Example In Epub Format:

I sure—— hope that things are looking up. The way I——— saw things happen, I would have nev—er———— thought it could. Are you al—right—?

I tried making horizontal lines of various length from the type of horizonal line listed below. If it didn’t show, it’s a horizontal line that’s across the page.

The auto correction option deprives me of the means of doing that.

Special Notation: I had to recopy the way it turned out in Epub format. For some reason, when I pasted for inquiry, it looked like the example that I listed about it.

Ronald LWalker, Jan 9, 2021
  3. ecoh419 Win User
    Dual Screen horizontal lines and tearing.

Hello All

I have a dual screen setup, with my desktop extended to a second monitor. A week or so after updating windows 10 with the creators update my dual screen set up is experiencing a large horizontal line traveling up one of my displays with shaking below. I have attached an image.

Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help [​IMG]

This first happened on my primary display (29" Asus connect with display port). After rebooting the tearing then moved over to my secondary display where it has remained for the last week intermittently. (Samsung 22" connected with a VGA to DVI adapter). Both Monitors are connected to my ATI R9 270.

I have ruled out the display hardware as this issue goes away in safe mode. If I set my computer to only use one display either the 22" or 29", the issue is gone. I have also connected to another computer (mac book pro) and the tearing does not persist.

Other things I have tried:

• Reboot
    • Shut down
    • Pulled power cords from monitors and pc for 30 minutes
    • Update graphics card driver
    • Reinstall graphic card driver
    • Try different connectors
    • Uninstall display device in hardware manager

Any and all help is appreciated as this one is really driving my nuts!

ecoh419, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help

Vertical and Horizontal Lines

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue might happen due to corrupted Display drivers. I suggest you to follow the below given methods. 

Method 1:

You may update the Display driver from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

• Press (Windows key + X) and click on "Device Manager".
    • Expand "Display Adaptor".
    • Right click on the video driver and select "Update Driver Software". Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

If there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then try installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. Follow these steps to install the drivers in
    compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘Properties’.
    • Click on the ‘Compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart
      the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try the following steps to run DISM scan to check and restore system file corruption:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    1. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

2. DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works
    Let us know the results and write for further assistance and we’ll be glad to help.

Arul_D, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help

1. Multiple horizontal lines issue, any help - Similar Threads - Multiple horizontal lines

2. Green horizontal line

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Green horizontal line: I was playing GTA 5 on my zbook g4 workstation suddenly I saw a green horizontal line at bottom of my screen.I have tried reinstalling my graphic card which is m1200 but still line is there. Please help me As soon as possible...
  3. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    horizontal lines: i have white screen on the borders of the screen and letters are not that clear vedios are not that much but ok i can see vedios but their is a line on my top of my screen if i tale a apps name to the top line the name clears and stright horizontal lines when i start up my pc...
  4. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    horizontal lines: i have white screen on the borders of the screen and letters are not that clear vedios are not that much but ok i can see vedios but their is a line on my top of my screen if i tale a apps name to the top line the name clears and stright horizontal lines when i start up my pc...
  5. horizontal lines

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TASKBAR HORIZONTAL LINE: Hello I wonder how can I remove this annoying white line in the middle of my taskbar it's really annoying it can't be seen in screenshots or when shared with other devices but it's really annoying when I'm browsing...
  7. Horizontal line on screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal line on screen: Recently when watching a video, the bottom half of the screen froze and the upper half continued as it normally would. After , some time instead of the bottom half freezing, it appeared darker and a little glitchy when compared to the upper half of the screen. That too went...
  8. Grey Horizontal Lines

Grey Horizontal Lines: Hello, I'm having trouble with my Pc. Grey horizontal lines appear on my monitor and I have no idea what to do. It stared a week ago after my Pc updated windows and nvidia drivers, I've tried everything I could think of. All solutions will be greatly appreciated! [IMG]...
  9. Horizontal Lines

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Horizontal Lines: Hi, Sorry if its in the wrong place. I've recently upgraded my SSDs, and noticed since reinstalling windows and all the drivers I keep getting some blinking horizontal lines usually when browsing the internet, I've not noticed any yet while gaming (but I've only just...
  10. Horizontal Lines - Display

Horizontal Lines - Display: Blue screen appeared stating there was probably with my PC and it needed to restart. After that happened the horizontal lines have not gone away. [ATTACH] I have: 1. Restored Windows 10 2. Updated the driver for my graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (twice) Note:...