Windows 10: Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear

Discus and support Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I have multiple iCloud folders that will not be removed, even after deleting the folders from the Ondrive "main" folder. They are not in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LineLund1, Jul 29, 2020.

1. LineLund1 Win User

Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear

Hello

I have multiple iCloud folders that will not be removed, even after deleting the folders from the Ondrive "main" folder. They are not in the "quick access" area, but below. Please see below.

I have tried to download and delete the iCloud program several times and also tried to tick and un-tick the "Photos" option in the iCloud app, but nothing responds..

When i try to click one of the folders it just looks like this see below.

I really hope, that you can help me.

Best, Line

Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear a52346b5-d948-4893-8e84-753ab29c770f?upload=true.png

Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear 3041d239-4b4d-4bfd-a534-c8a57e523d30?upload=true.png

:)

LineLund1, Jul 29, 2020
  2. silkstone Win User

Disappearing folder

I've encountered a strange problem in windows 10 where I tried to delete a file in a folder, but ended up deleting the whole directory. It did so without the usual pop-up to confirm delete or say it was too big for the recycle bin. It was my Videos folder, so pretty big, but the disk allocation has also remained the same.

I've always had a problem with 'double icons' for the different user folders, including videos, and so I'm thinking it could have something to do with the whole thing, especially as now one of the two video folders has disappeared from the users folders.

The first thing i tried was 'Undo delete', but it just bought the folder back with non of the contents. Then, I went straight to Recuva, but it came up blank (there must have been over 50 videos in the folder)

I'm at a little bit of a loss as where to start looking for this disappeared folder and was hoping someone might have some suggestions?

Screenshots below:

Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear upload_2017-4-1_22-11-14-png.png

silkstone, Jul 29, 2020
  3. AmsterCam Win User
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

Hi Leonardo,

Ok I managed to delete the old account via the Control Panel/User Accounts menu.

So far, everything seems to be back to normal. The old account is gone, the multiple iCloud Photos folders are gone, and the 1 and only iCloud Photos folder is showing downloaded photos from iCloud.

Thank you so much for all of your help and advice!

AmsterCam, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Windows and Icloud Mail etc: Failing to initialise

Hi
    TomParkinson2

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

1. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Do you receive any error message when the spinner stops?

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Uninstall iCloud application.

I would suggest you to Sign out from the iCloud account from the app, then uninstall the application.

1. Press Windows
      and R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Select the iCloud application and click on Uninstall.

Method 2: Reinstall iCloud application.

Step 1:

I would suggest you toDownload
    the latest version of iCloud

from the apple website. Follow the Onscreen instructions and install the application. For more information, check the article on
    Set up and use iCloud for Windows.

Step 2:

Once the installation is completed, tap on the Windows key on your keyboard, search for ICloud app. Right click on the app and click on
    Pin to taskbar.

If you are using Surface PC, I would suggest you to follow steps mentioned in the Microsoft article about
    Using Surface with iPhone, iCloud,
    and iTunes.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Multiple iCloud folders will not disappear - Similar Threads - Multiple iCloud folders

2. iCloud Drive excludes folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iCloud Drive excludes folders?: Hi, guys, I have decided to use my iCloud storage to synchronize my documents from notebook and desktop PC. No sooner said than done. Installed on both PCs and pushed the files together. Unfortunately, it is now the case that some folders are not synchronized for some...
  3. iCloud Photos folder problem

iCloud Photos folder problem: Hello, I posted this on the apple forum and they recommend I try to find answers here as well. I have seen other people with this problem but none of the solutions have worked out for me. I have a growing number of "iCloud Photos" folders in my file explorer that are...
  4. Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple iCloud Photos folders, photos not downloading to Windows 10: Hi there, I have an iPhone that syncs photos to iCloud. I also use the iCloud for Windows app to automatically download my photos from iCloud to my Windows 10 laptop. Until recently, all was working fine. Since about a month ago no photos are downloading from iCloud to the...
  5. iCloud Photos folder duplicate

iCloud Photos folder duplicate: So I have iCloud Photos on my Windows 10 and for some reasons there's this[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icloud-photos-folder-duplicate/ecfa4138-ae5e-40e5-bec0-1767e25d4755
  6. iCloud for Windows installation folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    iCloud for Windows installation folder?: How can I change the installation location of iCloud? iCloud für Windows Installationsordner?
  7. Installing iCloud app on multiple PCs

Installing iCloud app on multiple PCs: Hi, I am trying to install the Icloud app onto a 2nd windows 10 pc. When I go into Microsoft Store to try and install it states that I already own this app but gives me the option to install onto a device. However when I click this option, the device I want to install it...
  8. Poor folder syncing on iCloud

Poor folder syncing on iCloud: Despite iCloud being a designated option supposedly with its own unique pre-determined settings specific for the service I cannot get my Windows 10 Mail to stop making a new "Sent Messages" folder in my IMAP. Has anyone found a back-end workaround for this? I work for an...
  9. Icloud mail disappearing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Icloud mail disappearing: I'm using Windows 10, Chrome browser, and icloud mail. When I send mail, it seems they get sent, but are never received by the persons they are addressed to. No error, no bounce.. they just disappear......
  10. Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER

Moving iCloud Photos FOLDER: Purely for personal organizational preferences, I want to move the "iCloud Photos" folder from MS Windows "Pictures" folder to a a subfolder under "Pictures," where I am attempting to centralize and accumulate the various files and folders that deal with web based storage and...