Windows 10: Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

Discus and support Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; These appeared this morning: [IMG] Why? A recent Windows 10 update? Brian Auckland, New Zealand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quattrocchi, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

These appeared this morning:

Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight [​IMG]

Why?

A recent Windows 10 update?

Brian
    Auckland, New Zealand

:)

quattrocchi, Mar 15, 2019

2. Desktop filled with multiple icons

Hi Harold,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that your desktop is filled with multiple icons of a file song.
    Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

1. "filled my screen with multiple icons of a file songs", are you referring to shortcut icon of songs?

2. Were you trying to copy the songs to different folder when this happened?

3. Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

You may press Ctrl + Z at the desktop screen and check if it helps.

If the issue still persist, you may select multiple shortcut icons by use of mouse and delete it to check if it helps.

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepak Kodi, Mar 15, 2019
  3. Desktop filled with multiple icons

all of a sudden my display...monitor...filled my screen with multiple icons of a file songs....my songs written.... all over the monitor.... I cannot get rid of them other than delete one by one.

Does anybody know how to clear all these icons quickly ?

Original Title: desktop icons

HaroldBramton, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight

1. Multiple icons filled my desktop overnight - Similar Threads - Multiple icons filled

2. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Something is filling my disk C overnight.: Okay so, I have noticed it like a week ago, but according to me being student of architecture where our programs take like 100GB I thought that it's nothing untill I saw a masive jump... Like MASSIVE.Yesterday I cleared up like 20 GB so i ended up with 47 GB free storage, but...
  3. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something is filling my disk C overnight.: Okay so, I have noticed it like a week ago, but according to me being student of architecture where our programs take like 100GB I thought that it's nothing untill I saw a masive jump... Like MASSIVE.Yesterday I cleared up like 20 GB so i ended up with 47 GB free storage, but...
  4. Something is filling my disk C overnight.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. problem with icons not allowed to fill entire desktop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with icons not allowed to fill entire desktop.: Runing win 11. Icons, be they folders, shortcuts to apps, PDFs, Word docs, if placed on the bottom of desktop, will default to the left upper corner of the desktop. And stack on top of each other. The bottom part of the desktop is empty. Does anyone know of a fix?...
  6. problem with icons not allowed to fill entire desktop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with icons not allowed to fill entire desktop.: Runing win 11. Icons, be they folders, shortcuts to apps, PDFs, Word docs, if placed on the bottom of desktop, will default to the left upper corner of the desktop. And stack on top of each other. The bottom part of the desktop is empty. Does anyone know of a fix?...
  7. Multiple icons on desktop ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple icons on desktop ?: How do I clean up these Multiple icons created by Microsoft cloud ? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-icons-on-desktop/00d43825-8178-40eb-946e-c0b16807f6e2
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  9. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  10. Icons Very Slow to fill in on Desktop+ fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Very Slow to fill in on Desktop+ fix?: Hi. I have upgraded my windows 7 to windows 10 and when i start up the Desktop Icons fill in "INSTANTLY". I also have a laptop with windows 10 and it takes a long time to fill in the Desktop Icons. Is there anything that can be done to make the icons come up instantly like...