Windows 10: Multiple icons on desktop ?

Discus and support Multiple icons on desktop ? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I clean up these Multiple icons created by Microsoft cloud ? [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Alex_703, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Alex_703 Win User

Multiple icons on desktop ?

How do I clean up these Multiple icons created by Microsoft cloud ?

Multiple icons on desktop ? abf70212-1319-4cd8-9750-ed006833c888?upload=true.png

:)

Alex_703, Oct 9, 2020

2. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Multiple icons on desktop ?

Desktop Icons

Hello Glenda,

Share this information to assist you better.

• Is the issue particular to the Comcast?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    • Did you try changing icons of other shortcuts?
    Follow the steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Press Windows+I to open Settings panel, and click
    Personalization to access Personalization settings.

Step 2: Tap Change desktop icons on the top left in the Personalization window.

Step 3: In the Desktop Icon Settings window, select the icon of
    This PC and click Change Icon.

Step 4: Choose a new icon from the list, and tap OK.

Step 5: Click OK to confirm the change.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Multiple icons on desktop ?

1. Multiple icons on desktop ? - Similar Threads - Multiple icons desktop

2. Taskbar Icons/Buttons on Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar Icons/Buttons on Multiple Desktops: When I'm using multiple desktops, every desktop's taskbar shows icons for all open windows, regardless of which desktop the windows are open in. For example: Desktop 1 has two windows open: Settings and Calculator. Desktop 2 has two windows open: Paint 3D and Notepad. Both...
  3. Taskbar Icons/Buttons on Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Icons/Buttons on Multiple Desktops: When I'm using multiple desktops, every desktop's taskbar shows icons for all open windows, regardless of which desktop the windows are open in. For example: Desktop 1 has two windows open: Settings and Calculator. Desktop 2 has two windows open: Paint 3D and Notepad. Both...
  4. Taskbar Icons/Buttons on Multiple Desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon: The taskbar in Windows 11 has a multiple-desktops icon. Since I always use only one desktop, I would like to know how to disable this icon. No options are displayed when I right-click on it....
  6. Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling the Multiple Desktops Icon: The taskbar in Windows 11 has a multiple-desktops icon. Since I always use only one desktop, I would like to know how to disable this icon. No options are displayed when I right-click on it....
  7. Desktop Icons Same for Multiple Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Desktop Icons Same for Multiple Accounts: Hi, I have created two accounts, one administrator and one standard account, on my Windows. The problem I'm facing is that one account is able to access desktop for the other. I don't want to see the other account's desktop stuff and vice versa. How can i do that? I also...
  8. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. - - - Updated - - - Why was this...
  9. Multiple desktops, different icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple desktops, different icons: Hello So, I know how to use multiple desktops. Does anyone know a way to make it so that for example, Desktop 2 shows no Desktop Icons whereas Desktop 1 will show Desktop Icons? I can accept using 3rd-party software to make this work. 159223
  10. Desktop icons on multiple screens

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop icons on multiple screens: I have 3 monitors. One is designated as my Home monitor. When I save items to my desktop they may go to any of the three monitors (not all 3 just 1) I would like to keep them coraled and on only 1 screen. How can I do that and how can I get all of the existing ones onto a...