Windows 10: Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

Discus and support Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by dacrone, Sep 15, 2015.

1. dacrone Win User

Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

The following screenshot is from a Win 7 machine. I had multiple tabs open in ie11 and had one crash. When it restarted itself, the taskbar only has one instance of the ie11 showing, but all tabs are still intact. Is there a way to do this in Win 10 on purpose? It would make it much easier/faster to minimize/maximize all tabs when working with multiple tabs are multiple programs...

Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance [​IMG]

:)

dacrone, Sep 15, 2015
  2. Teemosan Win User

How do I change Taskbar icon preview from Thumbnail peek to List peek in Win 10 v 1703?

Thanks Gil deG

That's a 90% fix.

I followed the instructions and used the option to:

"type 0 (zero) it will effectively disable taskbar thumbnail previews,
    and only show in list mode."

This works, but only if there is more than one instance of an item open. So if I have only one Explorer window open the peek preview will still be thumbnail. As soon as I open a second or more Explorer
    window the preview peek switches to List. Same behavior for single to multiple instances of any other program in the taskbar - It's Thumbnail for one instance, List for multiple.

So when setting the Decimal value is set to 0, it acts like Threshold value 1.

I'm using Win 10 Pro. I'm wondering if there is an equivalent way to do this using Group Policy Editor, or is it just thorugh regedit?

Thanks

Teemosan, Sep 15, 2015
  3. JimWynne Win User
    How do I keep more that one page available in Edge?

It is possible to have multiple instances of IE and Firefox open at the same time. Here's a shot of my taskbar with two instances of each running:

Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance [​IMG]

It's not possible with Edge. Because Edge isn't fully cooked, it's possible that this ability will be added at some point.

JimWynne, Sep 15, 2015
Thema:

Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance

1. Multiple IE - One Taskbar Instance - Similar Threads - Multiple Taskbar Instance

2. Taskbar issue when having multiple instances of one type of window!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar issue when having multiple instances of one type of window!: Hi, I've tried too search on various different options for this problem during a long time, years even, always ended up skipping it, cause my googling skills are lacking.However to keep it simple and put the problem is that if i have for example 2-10 or more instances of one...
  3. Taskbar issue when having multiple instances of one type of window!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar issue when having multiple instances of one type of window!: Hi, I've tried too search on various different options for this problem during a long time, years even, always ended up skipping it, cause my googling skills are lacking.However to keep it simple and put the problem is that if i have for example 2-10 or more instances of one...
  4. Taskbar issue when having multiple instances of one type of window!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?: Hi,I have ran into an issue where UAC asks for permission multiple times in one instance. What I mean is when executing an application, UAC will be prompted on my screen multiple times. However, even with selecting the "yes" option, some applications fail to start. I...
  6. Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?

Why is UAC asking multiple times for one instance?: Hi,I have ran into an issue where UAC asks for permission multiple times in one instance. What I mean is when executing an application, UAC will be prompted on my screen multiple times. However, even with selecting the "yes" option, some applications fail to start. I...
  7. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  8. Multiple Instances

Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  9. Windows 10 Taskbar preview of multiple instances of a program

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Taskbar preview of multiple instances of a program: Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and have had a problem with Windows 10 for a week or so now. Usually, when I hovered over a taskbar symbol and the program had multiple instances opened, I got a preview of all of these instances next to each other. Somehow, this...
  10. Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: Multiple instances of an application & taskbar buttons: Hi everyone! I have two instances of VMWare open with each running a different VM. VMWare 1 is almost never touched as it holds our PostgreSQL instance whose DB we access from inside VMWare 2. I don't combine my taskbar buttons and I'd like to move VMWare 1's taskbar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar show 1 instance for ie

2. configure IE one instance in taskbar

3. show only one instance of IE on task bar