Windows 10: Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity

Discus and support Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to help a friend, who has a 6-month-old Lenovo AIO system, running Windows 10 home 2019 edition, Computer model is 0017K Lenovo Idea Center.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The_Engineer_JB, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity

I'm trying to help a friend, who has a 6-month-old Lenovo AIO system, running Windows 10 home 2019 edition, Computer model is 0017K Lenovo Idea Center. It runs OK, but doesn't have the power you would expect, so I had a look at what was running and found multiple incidences of the Radeon graphics process running. I killed them off manually, and that was OK for a bit, but they kept coming back up. I *think* this is down to a new(ish) windows feature "Continuity", which is supposed to reopen processes that were running when the PC was last shut down, and so reopens an old Radeon process at every start, leading to multiples. At least, thats what I've seen in EXTENSIVE Googling. However, I can find no way to shut down Continuity and no way to avoid multiple Radeon processes eating the system's power and leaving nothing for useful work.

So the question is: has anyone else seen this, and has anyone found a solution. Just for completeness, the system is fully updated

Thanks

:)

The_Engineer_JB, Oct 14, 2019

2. Phenom 9850BE low voltage overclocking results!

well if your going to continue with overclocking, i suggest doing the baby steps thing heh. good luck with the overclocking

eidairaman1, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Multiple display resizing

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are facing an issue with the extending the display on multiple desktops.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you using multiple monitors to extend the display or using the multiple desktop screens on a single monitor?
    I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.

Follow these steps to update graphics drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Display Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the graphics driver and select Update driver software.
    Uninstall and Reinstall the graphics card drivers and check.

Refer:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_devices/how-to-install-and-update-drivers-in-windows-10/a97bbbd1-9973-4d66-9a5b-291300006293

Note: If you are using the multiple monitors to extend the display then please make sure the resolution of both the monitors are set equally same so that there is no issues with the size or any program or an app.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity

Windows 10 Multiple BSOD

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand how frustrating it could be when things go unusual. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if this helps:

Method 1: Uninstall and re-install the drivers.

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the Graphic Card Drivers and then re-install them.

Follow these steps to uninstall the drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Search for Graphic card and expand it.

• Right click on the driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Step 2: I suggest you to re-install the drivers, go to the manufacturer’s website to download the graphic drivers for your laptop and then install them.

Refer the below link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Method 2: You can try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if this helps:

• Press the ‘Windows key on the keyboard.

• Type compatibility in the search box and then press enter.

• Click “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows” option from the list appeared in the left side.

• Select the drivers and install.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Deepak..Raghav, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity

1. Multiple incidences of drivers...Continuity - Similar Threads - Multiple incidences drivers

2. BSOD INCIDENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD INCIDENT: Hi... had a recent bsod episode in my asus laptop.though the laptop recovered and is functional can someone guide me follow up actions i need to take.in some other forum i was advised that my added RAM and OEM RAM is a mismatch.heres the speccy...
  3. BSOD INCIDENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD INCIDENT: Hi... had a recent bsod episode in my asus laptop.though the laptop recovered and is functional can someone guide me follow up actions i need to take.in some other forum i was advised that my added RAM and OEM RAM is a mismatch.heres the speccy...
  4. Help with “hacked” incident

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with “hacked” incident: I have just seen a post that is similar to the incident that I just had yesterday. I got a pop-up message on my computer that my computer is “locked“ and someone has use my IP address to get into my computer. I was given a telephone number to call which I did not. Was given a...
  5. Help with “hacked” incident

Help with “hacked” incident: I have just seen a post that is similar to the incident that I just had yesterday. I got a pop-up message on my computer that my computer is “locked“ and someone has use my IP address to get into my computer. I was given a telephone number to call which I did not. Was given a...
  6. Blocked taskbar incidents

Blocked taskbar incidents: Hello, we have discovered a specific incident on our Windows 10 and Windows 11 client-server environment. It concerns about 15 computers. The problem is the following: the taskbar is no longer functional. This also causes problems with Office 365 activation. Thank you for...
  7. Random "BSOD" incidents

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random "BSOD" incidents: Before I begin, my PC is a Dell Optiplex 3010 with 16gb installed RAM. It came with Win 7 Pro, upgraded to Win 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.2075 ... Windows update IS up to date.This PC is normally pretty stable but, every once in a while, I can be in the middle of typing...
  8. Random "BSOD" incidents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random "BSOD" incidents: Before I begin, my PC is a Dell Optiplex 3010 with 16gb installed RAM. It came with Win 7 Pro, upgraded to Win 10 Pro version 21H2 build 19044.2075 ... Windows update IS up to date.This PC is normally pretty stable but, every once in a while, I can be in the middle of typing...
  9. Random "BSOD" incidents

10. IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item

in Browsers and Email
    IE favourites seems to be getting multiple incidences of the same item: Hello. I'm not sure this is in the correct post topic but here goes. I've noticed recently that I have more than one item for the same thing in my IE Favourite column. It is as if I have some how copied all my listings twice. It's not a straight duplication ie nothing has a...