Windows 10: Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

Discus and support Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by b4theflood, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the number increases to as many as 20, which obviously slows down my system quite a bit.

I ran scannow which found corrupted files which it was unable to repair automatically;

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.407]

(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

The system file repair changes will take effect after the next reboot.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Would appreciate any help repairing these issues

Eric

:)

b4theflood, Nov 24, 2018

2. MS Edge showing up multiple times in Task Manager

I purchased a new laptop about two weeks ago on Win 10, 12 GB memory. When I use MS Edge, multiple instances show up in Task Manager even when I have only one tab (and only one instance of Edge running). The first shows up in Apps, but I have 4 other instances
    totaling almost 500 MB under background processes. Same thing when I try Google Chrome, but with Chrome (again only one tab, one instance), I have 17 (!!) instances under background processes totalling almost 400 MB. Why do so many instances of either browser
    show up and can/should I end some of these processes to free up memory? Right now with Outlook, Edge, iTunes, and of course Task Manager, I'm at 40% memory. That seems awfully high for only four programs running.

amyincharlestonsc, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

Hello Bane,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Svchost.exe is a process on your computer that hosts, or contains, other individual services that Windows uses to perform various functions. For example, Windows Defender uses a service that is hosted by a svchost.exe process.

There can be multiple instances of svchost.exe running on your computer, with each instance containing different services. One instance of svchost.exe might host a single service for a program, and another instance might host several services related to
    Windows. You can use Task Manager to view which services are running under each instance of svchost.exe.

Open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC, then right-click an instance of
    svchost.exe in Details tab, and then click
    Go to Service(s). The services associated with the process are highlighted on the
    Services tab.

Also suggest you to go for a complete system scan with Windows Defender or with any available Antivirus Software to make sure no virus is causing this issue. The

Microsoft Safety Scanner
    is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software. Do scan your PC by downloading Microsoft Safety
    Scanner.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

Multiple instances are running for Svchost.exe in Windows 10 task manager

i did that but it said that this app can't run on my computer ! there isn't any other way to solve this problem ? am pretty desperate here ! by the way thanks for the answer anyways.

Bane.Hall0w, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

1. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager - Similar Threads - Multiple instances browser

2. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  3. Programs not opening but show on task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs not opening but show on task manager: This has been persisting on my computer for a while now and it's affecting a few of my applications. When I click on some programs, it just won't open. But I look at task manager and see that it's running in the background.I have looked at many resources about this and tried...
  4. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  5. Multiple browsers showing in task manager but only ONE live

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple browsers showing in task manager but only ONE live: I don't post here often but I hope somebody can help with the above problem. I have found, over the past few months, that if I leave a browser open, leave my PC and return, I usually have a frozen screen that only comes back to life if I close it down and re-load it. This...
  6. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager: Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal? [img] 168838
  7. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager: When I run app it runs multiple instances of it and it's only visible in Task Manager and wasted a lot of memory. I have tried running virus scan from Windows Defender, Kaspersky and Avast but nothing is found. What can I do? [ATTACH]...
  8. Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP

Google Browser- One tab open but 20+ instances of it in Task Manager! HELP: Hello - I could really use some help with this issue- About 3 days ago, my system started to hiccup. My curser would stick then release as normal. I removed newly downloaded applications. I ran the task manager in Windows 10. When I reviewed the activity, it said I have...
  9. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  10. According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?

According to task manager, Chrome browser and Discord are open multiple times but they aren't?: [ATTACH] Basically the title of this post. It's not just these two apps. Same with Spotify. The thing is, I only have discord open once? The same with Chrome. When I took that screenshot, I had 6 tabs open on the browser. My computer has gotten increasingly slower and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why edge is showing multiple instances when it is opened only once

2. task manager showing multiple browsers open

3. task manager shows multiple services for microsoft edge

4. task manager shows multiple microsoft edge,
  5. 10 instances of browser open,
  6. egde freezes task manager shows multiple instances,
  7. multiple instances of edge in task manager,
  8. task manager multiple instances,
  9. open multiple instances of a browser,
  10. any browser is opening multiple task manager,
  11. task manager it shows that 10 instances of Microsoft edge ,