Windows 10: Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Discus and support Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location: C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TedWheelan, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate

I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal?

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

TedWheelan, Nov 20, 2020

2. Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

I haven't used Windows 8 so, I don't know if this will work...

To explicitly launch 64-bit task manager, try calling it here:
    C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

32-bit is here:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\taskmgr.exe

Microsoft could have easily goofed and linked to the wrong one.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

The OP says the programs say (32 bit) next to them, when in the old Task Manager they have *32 next to them and probably never noticed.

Jstn7477, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

Oh, I thought it was saying taskmgr.exe *32 in Task Manager. XD

Yeah *32 is absolutely normal to see on 64-bit flavors of Windows. *32 means it is running in Windows (32-bit) On Windows 64-bit. They are being emulated. That's how it should be. *Smile Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager :)

Most games are still 32-bit so they have more backwards compatibility (that will start to change soon though). Steam is only available in 32-bit as is Origin.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

1. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager - Similar Threads - Multiple Instances Microsoft

2. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  3. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup: Anyone know why this setup/uninstall 32 bit app keeps opening on startup?The powershell file location is C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0 which shows powershell.exeThe Setup file location is: C:\Users\Darrow\AppData\Local\Temp\is-TS9PE.tmp which shows...
  4. Setup/Uninstall 32 Bit Processes in task manager on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of apps running in Task Manager: Its sometimes says 10+ of the same program is running when just one is open. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances-of-apps-running-in-task-manager/761e16d9-907b-4af4-8a11-901f30de0188
  6. Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple instances for Microsoft Edge: When I open my Edge with just 1 tab, it create 4 instances or 10 instances at the Task Manager. This also happens with Messenger and Opera Browser. I am using Windows 10 Home with windows update. [ATTACH]...
  7. Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?

in Windows 10 News
    Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager?: [ATTACH]When using Microsoft Edge, if you open Task Manager, then you will notice that […] This article Why are there multiple instances of Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Edge Update in Task Manager? first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Update Service multiple instances: When I open task manager I noticed there are more than 20 processes Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit). Is it normal? I don't think its normal. How do i stop this? I don't even use Edge [img] 171454
  9. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  10. Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager

Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager: I always seem to have between 6 and 8 instances of Edge running on my system. If I try and close down any of them, they start back up again. But as soon as I close the, they don't seem to affect Edge at all? Some instances of it are using around 300meg of ram, while...