Windows 10: Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Discus and support Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location: C:\Program Files... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by TedWheelan, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Hello. I have multiple instances of Microsoft Edge Update appearing in task manager. Most I checked open to its file location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\EdgeUpdate

I couldn't check them all, there's so many. Is this normal?

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager [​IMG]

:)

TedWheelan, Nov 20, 2020

2. Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

I haven't used Windows 8 so, I don't know if this will work...

To explicitly launch 64-bit task manager, try calling it here:
    C:\Windows\System32\taskmgr.exe

32-bit is here:
    C:\Windows\SysWOW64\taskmgr.exe

Microsoft could have easily goofed and linked to the wrong one.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Jstn7477 Win User
    Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

The OP says the programs say (32 bit) next to them, when in the old Task Manager they have *32 next to them and probably never noticed.

Jstn7477, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

Windows 8 task manager 32 Bit?

Oh, I thought it was saying taskmgr.exe *32 in Task Manager. XD

Yeah *32 is absolutely normal to see on 64-bit flavors of Windows. *32 means it is running in Windows (32-bit) On Windows 64-bit. They are being emulated. That's how it should be. *Smile Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager :)

Most games are still 32-bit so they have more backwards compatibility (that will start to change soon though). Steam is only available in 32-bit as is Origin.

FordGT90Concept, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager

1. Multiple Instances of Microsoft Edge Update (32 bit) In Task Manager - Similar Threads - Multiple Instances Microsoft

2. Edge Chromium 64 or 32 bit?

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium 64 or 32 bit?: When Edge Chromium is rolled out for people from the Windows Updates, does it install the 64-bit version by default? Just checked mine, and if I go into the About Microsoft Edge, I see it has installed the 64-bit version. I had read that the next feature update for Win10...
  3. When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    When I run app it runs multiple instances of it that are only visible in Task Manager: When I run app it runs multiple instances of it and it's only visible in Task Manager and wasted a lot of memory. I have tried running virus scan from Windows Defender, Kaspersky and Avast but nothing is found. What can I do? [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Console Host - 52 Instances in Task Manager: Why are there so many of these running? What can I do to make them stop other than ending the process? When I try to do that it tells me it will cause Windows to be unstable or shut down. submitted by /u/osowavy [link] [comments]...
  5. Can I disable "SmartAudio CPL (32 bit)" in Task Manager > Startup?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I disable "SmartAudio CPL (32 bit)" in Task Manager > Startup?: Good afternoon! My startup on my laptop (ASUS Windows 10 PC) is slower than usual. I noticed I have "SmartAudio CPL (32 bit)" listed under the Startup tab in the Task Manager. It says it has a "high" impact on my startup. Everything else is low or disabled. Can I disable...
  6. Multiple instances of application visible in task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple instances of application visible in task manager: Hi All, Could someone please let me know how to get rid of duplicate process in windows 10? For ex. if i am opening Google chrome, number of process visible in task manager is abnormal and is using huge memory of the system. How can we purge those unwanted applications?...
  7. Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager

Multiple instances of Edge, Chrome, Spotify, AutoCAD and other apps running in task manager: I always seem to have between 6 and 8 instances of Edge running on my system. If I try and close down any of them, they start back up again. But as soon as I close the, they don't seem to affect Edge at all? Some instances of it are using around 300meg of ram, while...
  8. Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager

Multiple instances of any browser I open showing in task manager: When I open any browser, multiple instances of that browser display in task manager. Whether it is Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Firefox I open the browser (one tab is open) and task manager shows the browser at least nine times, while browsing the number increases to as...
  9. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...
  10. Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)"

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple instances of "Internet Explorer" and Internet Explorer (32)": On my Win10 x64 home computer, I find that a I can't always start Internet Explorer (ver 11). I'll click on the icon, the "working" symbol spins for a second and nothing happens. Then I open Task Manager, and I find about 10 or 12 instances of Internet Explorer and IE (32)...