Windows 10: Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install.

Discus and support Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Last week I saw some continuous popups which disappeared too quickly and was hard to read. Then I checked task manager and too my utmost surprise I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by login_avi, Jan 11, 2020.

1. login_avi Win User

Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install.

Last week I saw some continuous popups which disappeared too quickly and was hard to read. Then I checked task manager and too my utmost surprise I found multiple instances of same app running in background.

I thought of some malware and scanned using my default AV Bitdefender and Malwarebytes but nothing was identified. So I did a clean wipe C Drive and freshly installed windows latest version. But after 4-5 days the same issue started popping up. I think the issue occurs completely random and sometimes my quick launch icon area gets completely filled with same icons, say IASTARICON.EXE from Intel. See the attached JPEG. I tried to disable most of the startup apps using Task manager and Bitdefender, but nothing really helped.

Model: HP ENVY Notebook 13-ab0XX

Windows: Windows 10 Pro 1909 Downloaded from Official windows

AV: Bitdefender TS

Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install. [​IMG]Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install. [​IMG]Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install. [​IMG]

Eagerly waiting for you advice guys. Thanks in Advance!

:)

login_avi, Jan 11, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jan 11, 2020
  3. How to get rid of MULTIPLE "scvhost.exe" instances

lol I never thought I'd have so much fun with this thread lol...

The reason I asked is because I just did a clean windows 7 install and I noticed the multiple scvhost instances...

On my previous install I didn't even have more than 22 running tasks and only 3 instances of scvhost

jonathan1107, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install.

How to prevent multiple instances of an application

the only time that works is when the program itself is written to prohibit multiple instances

if the programmer didn't do that with this program

then there really isn't any method to preventing multiple instances

Locutus deBorg, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install.

1. Multiple instances of same application, Even after clean install. - Similar Threads - Multiple instances same

2. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: Hi there, I am a programmer and IT technician who has been using Windows since the early 90s CDs. I noticed that Windows 11 is experiencing new issues that have never occurred in Microsoft history!1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4....
  3. BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BUG: Multiple instances of the same explorer.exe !!!: 1. Open Task Manager2. Observe explorer.exe instance3. Open Explorer [GUI]4. Another instance was created with the name of explorer.exe5. Close Explorer by clicking the X windows6. explorer.exe remains open7. Repeat steps above 8. Resulting into a phenomenal line of dozens or...
  4. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  5. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  6. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  7. Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application

Windows 11 opening multiple instances of same application: How do I force Win 11 to open only 1 instance of an app when I select it's icon from the toolbar or desktop? In Win 10, when I opened an app such as Notepad, I could then open my browser or any other app and Notepad would be minimized on the toolbar unless I had the Windows...
  8. Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiple instances of the same credential in Credential Manager?: Hi, in a related but different issue from my previous question about repeated request for credentials in Outlook/Teams see Post Update to Windows 10 20H2 -> Persistent need to reauthenticate I took a look at Credential Manager. I found 4 and 5 instances of the same...
  9. Multiple instances of the same folder open

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of the same folder open: I feel kinda dumb asking this, but here goes. Has windows always allowed having multiple instances of the same folder open? I can't remember. I can open the same folder from a desktop shortcut in an unlimited amount of instances. I can find my desktop toolbar filling up...
  10. Many Instances of same application in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Instances of same application in Task Manager: Hi all. Thanks for taking a second to look. I have been having this problem for a while now. I am running an Alienware Alpha r1 (Yea I know...) and I formatted it and removed the Alienware software and I just have wiundows 10 running. For some reason it always has multiple...