Windows 10: Multiple instances of Word on re-start

Discus and support Multiple instances of Word on re-start in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For the last few days when I START or RESTART in WIndows 10, multiple instances of WORD, several instances of EXCEL, and one instance of POWERPOINT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by alpha#victor, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Multiple instances of Word on re-start

For the last few days when I START or RESTART in WIndows 10, multiple instances of WORD, several instances of EXCEL, and one instance of POWERPOINT start, and maybe OUTLOOK start unrequested, despite all individual apps being shut down before shutting down the laptop.

It is difficult to know how many WORD windows are being opened - at least eight - because if using the taskbar right-click and "Close all windows" more appear - possibly these are new ones or some of the first ones that were not deleted. Ending task in Task Manager eventually gets rid of all of them.

Windows Defender is on, McAfee comes with the ISP package, and I have also used two other antivirus scanners, non of which have detected any issues.

What is causing the unprompted launch of OFFICE apps??

:)

alpha#victor, Nov 8, 2019
  2. RTarson Win User

Multiple instances of Word documents open

Well thatsreally not a good answer they should offer patches for office 2010. The thing is that the computer that are on the domain with version 1803 have no issues with the multiple word instances opening

RTarson, Nov 8, 2019
  3. RTarson Win User
    Multiple instances of Word documents open

I work as IT at a corporate company we have many of laptops and desktops. Most of the computers are on a domain but some of the outside personnel that works here are off the domain. The computers that are off the domain are always running into the Multiple
    Word instance issue. What happens is whenever a person turns on the computer from sleep or reboot or turn on the computer it spams the end user with 30+ word documents. We tried repairing office and also recreating the windows profile. After a while, the
    problem arises again and again. Our typical remote user has these programs installed:

• Acrobat Reader DC
    • IBM Notes
    • SAP
    • Chrome
    • FireFox
    • Office 2010 Standard 32bit
    Typically the type of machine we use are: Dell Latitudes

I hear on every community post "Microsoft is coming out with a fix in the near issue" that's not an answer cause its been over a year from the answer I seen from a Microsoft staff. I'm looking for a resolution. If anyone has any thoughts please let me know.

RTarson, Nov 8, 2019
  4. concord72 Win User

Multiple instances of Word on re-start

Multiple instances of Windows Explorer

So in the Processes tab, under Apps, however many Windows Explorers I actually have open is however many it will list, and expanding will list the specific folder that is open, there is no problem there. The problem is when you scroll down to Windows processes, that's where all the multiple instances are. Right now it's only showing 7 but that is because I restarted my computer a couple hours ago, I've counted as many as 40+ before.

concord72, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Multiple instances of Word on re-start

1. Multiple instances of Word on re-start - Similar Threads - Multiple instances Word

2. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  3. Multiple Instances

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple Instances: Does anyone know how to prevent this from happening? i dont have much ram so it slows down the speed of everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiple-instances/da352446-efc2-4272-a8f3-f81ae1359d75
  4. How start multiple targeted WinExplorer instances by one click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How start multiple targeted WinExplorer instances by one click: Hi out there !The line%windir%\Explorer.exe /e,D:\ within the target field of a shortcut's properties launches a win explorer instance by one click, here starting directly at D:\. To launch simultaneously two instances with one click I tried %windir%\Explorer.exe /e,D:\ `n...
  5. How start multiple targeted WinExplorer instances by one click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How start multiple targeted WinExplorer instances by one click: Hi out there !The line%windir%\Explorer.exe /e,D:\ within the target field of a shortcut's properties launches a win explorer instance by one click, here starting directly at D:\. To launch simultaneously two instances with one click I tried %windir%\Explorer.exe /e,D:\ `n...
  6. How start multiple targeted WinExplorer instances by one click

7. Multiple instances of a chat program

Multiple instances of a chat program: Programs like EXCEL and WORD allow more than one instance to be open on the desktop simultaneously; is there a structural reason why a chat program could not have a separate instance open for different contacts ? 182603
  8. Multiple instances of Word appearing on one laptop - old bug ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Multiple instances of Word appearing on one laptop - old bug ?: I seem to recall this being a problem a year or so back, some bug that Microsoft needed to address. Anyhow, my Dell XPS 13 laptop loads 6 instances of Word at startup. It appears all updates have been installed as of 4/14/2020. My guess it's one of the updates but curious if...
  9. Multiple Instances of Single Printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of Single Printer: I recently added my printers to a new computer running Windows 10. For some reason each one is showing multiple instances of the drivers in the various settings. Trying to figure out why and how to get rid of the extra versions that are not needed. [ATTACH]...
  10. Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multiple Instances of 'Speakers (SndTAudio)': Hi - when I look at my audio devices I can see 16 instances of 'Speakers SndTAudio' each of which is in "ready" status and five instances of AMD High Definition Audio Device (none of which are plugged in). I only recently upgraded from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro and I have...